Jena 6 Story is a Classic Case of REVERSE RACISM!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
This story infuriates me to no limits. This six black teens are made out to be heros, yet the kick the living shit out of 1 person. From what I understand they didn't stop even when he was knocked out. They kept beating him. It would be an insult to the victim if they didn't push for attempted murder charges.:wtf:

Now the Blacks want to even try to make a connection between a noose hung from a tree and horrendous assault. AMAZING.

Here is a fact. Reverse racism is becoming much more of a problem than the good old fashion racism.

Note: It is also an insult to have Mos Def at anything promoting intellect. Any American that is as ignorant as he is and hates his country as much as he does, does not deserve to remain here and make a fortune off of it. Hey Mos Def, true Islam is not going to let you sing.

Thousands rallying to support 'Jena 6'Story Highlights

Jena 6 is a group of teens charged with beating a white classmate

JENA, Louisiana (CNN) -- Tour buses lined roads into Jena, Louisiana, on Thursday as people from across the country came to the small town to show support for the "Jena 6" -- six black teens charged in the beating of a white classmate.

Charles Steele Jr., president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, speaks in Jena, Louisiana.
1 of 3 Buses were pulled over to the side of Louisiana Route 49 more than 20 miles from Jena as authorities in the town of 3,000 people controlled access to avoid gridlock.

A Louisiana state patrol officer said five tour buses were being allowed into the town every 12 minutes. That resulted in buses lined up as far as the eye could see in both directions on Route 49, reported CNN.com's Eliott McLaughlin, who was riding on a bus that had traveled from Los Angeles for the event.

In Jena, some parking lots were full by 8 a.m. ET.

Thursday was the day Mychal Bell expected to find out his punishment for his alleged role in the school beating.

"This is a march for justice. This is not a march against whites or against Jena," said the Rev. Al Sharpton, a civil rights activist and one of the protest organizers.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King III, and hip-hop artist Mos Def also are expected to attend.

Demonstrators are protesting what they say are excessive criminal charges and bond amounts for the teens.

Bell, 17, has been in prison since his arrest in December.

"It breaks our heart to see him handcuffed and in leg shackles," Sharpton said. "But his spirit is high. He has said that he is very encouraged to know that thousands are coming to this town to stand up for him and his five friends." Watch how town prepares for flood of protesters »

The teens were initially charged with attempted murder after they allegedly knocked out Justin Barker -- a white classmate -- while stomping and kicking him during a school fight on December 4, 2006.

Barker was taken to a hospital with injuries to both eyes and ears, as well as cuts. His right eye had blood clots, said his mother,
Kelli Barker.

Don't Miss
U.S. attorney: Nooses, beating at Jena High not related
Jackson: Obama should bring more attention to Jena 6
Court: Premature to consider motion to release defendant
LaSalle Parish District Attorney Reed Walters urged the world not to forget the victim in the case.

"The injury done to him and threats to his survival have become less than a footnote," Walters said Wednesday.

"This case has not, never has been about race. It's about finding justice for an innocent victim, holding people accountable for their actions. That is what it's about," he said.

Five of the black teens were charged as adults. Bell was the first to face felony charges.

Advocates of the Jena 6 said the story actually began three months earlier, when three white students hung nooses from a tree on campus. The white students were suspended from school but didn't face criminal charges. The protesters argue they should have been charged with a hate crime.

Charges against Bell were reduced, as were charges against Carwin Jones and Theodore Shaw, who have not yet come to trial.

Robert Bailey, Bryant Purvis and an unidentified juvenile remain charged with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Bell, who was 16 at the time of the fight, was to have been sentenced on battery and conspiracy convictions Thursday. But a district judge earlier this month tossed out his conviction for conspiracy to commit second-degree battery, saying the matter should have been handled in the juvenile court.

Last week, the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals in Lake Charles, Louisiana, did the same with Bell's battery conviction.

But a Louisiana appeals court ruled Tuesday it was too early to consider a motion to free Bell from prison.

Meanwhile, the U.S. attorney who reviewed investigations into the nooses and the beating said he believes the incidents -- though likely symptoms of racial tension -- were not related.

"A lot of things happened between the noose hanging and the fight occurring, and we have arrived at the conclusion that the fight itself had no connection," said Donald Washington, U.S. attorney for the Western District of Louisiana.

"There were three months of high school football in which they all played football together and got along fine, in which there was a homecoming court, in which there was the drill team, in which there were parades," Washington added.

I very much disagree with you. Two white students engaged in felonious behaviour on the eve of the Jena 6 beating. The first attacked an African American student at a party because he thought no blacks should be allowed, he smashed a beer bottle over this students head. The second pulled a shotgun on a black student in the school parking lot and was charfed with NOTHING. Now yes, those Jena boys did beat up the white kid pretty bady. But Attempted MURDER? I'm sorry but no. And these guys are being tried as adults which is 100% illegal, which is why the verdict was overturned. Sorry man, there's no reverse racism here.

I very much disagree with you. Two white students engaged in felonious behaviour on the eve of the Jena 6 beating. The first attacked an African American student at a party because he thought no blacks should be allowed, he smashed a beer bottle over this students head. The second pulled a shotgun on a black student in the school parking lot and was charfed with NOTHING.
Do you have a link to back this up? If this is true it would definitely affect my opinion.

Now yes, those Jena boys did beat up the white kid pretty bady. But Attempted MURDER? I'm sorry but no. And these guys are being tried as adults which is 100% illegal, which is why the verdict was overturned. Sorry man, there's no reverse racism here.
Beating someone while they are unconcious can be charged as attempted murder.

Apparently Im not allowed to post URLs yet because I haven't made 15 posts or more, but the following is from a recent article in the Louisiana Weekly, easily searchable on google.

Sharpton says a double standard exists because the prosecutor failed to file criminal charges against the students who hanged the nooses, viewed as a life-threatening gesture, or against a young white man said to have pulled a shotgun on three Black students at a local store amidst the controversy. Instead, three Black teens were arrested and accused of aggravated battery and theft after they took the gun from him.

Like if thats not institutional racism, then what is??

Never ceases to amaze me at the level of ***astonishment*** and ***outrage*** conservatives have over "the race card." But then are inversely ho-hum when someone hangs a noose from a tree...

There are many versions of the development of this story. What started as simple request by a group of students to sit under a specific tree has turned into a very ugly and convoluted continuing event.

Start here http://tinyurl.com/ywswt4 and pick it apart. There are many versions, so check it all out.

I must apologize if I do not put it all together for you but I fear some here might find my biases "politically correct" and those "some-here" are the sole referees on PC content.

I avoid spoon feeding at all cost.

I AM

Never ceases to amaze me at the level of ***astonishment*** and ***outrage*** conservatives have over "the race card." But then are inversely ho-hum when someone hangs a noose from a tree...

I love how liberal always start with name-calling someone a neo-con. :mad:

I personally think the hanging of the noose was horrendous. The white students that did this should have received a much harsher punishment.

The crime here was 6 students beating 1 to a bloody pulp, in which they continued to beat on him while he was unconcious. That is a horrendous act. The Jena 6 should have received the same harsh punishment if thge victim was black. There is absolutely no excuse for their actions. :rofl:

I love how liberal always start with name-calling someone a neo-con. :mad:

I personally think the hanging of the noose was horrendous. The white students that did this should have received a much harsher punishment.

The crime here was 6 students beating 1 to a bloody pulp, in which they continued to beat on him while he was unconcious. That is a horrendous act. The Jena 6 should have received the same harsh punishment if thge victim was black. There is absolutely no excuse for their actions. :rofl:

1) You know, you quoted me, so it's painfully obvious I never used the term neo-con. If you're going to make something up, don't quote the source you're going to make stuff up about... wait a couple pages and then don't quote... it'll make the lie more believable.

2) "bloody pulp"? The dude didn't even get stitches... he was at a "ring ceremony" the same night... he self-reported that he had "some bruises and a black eye."

"bloody pulp"? You decide:
justinbarker.jpg

3) "The Jena 6 should have received the same harsh punishment if the victim was black." Well, the problem is that there was a white group of boys who beat up a black kid... the same kid who lashed out at this white kid for cracking on him about "getting his ass whupped." Only one of those kids were charged... and they were charged with simple battery. These black kids were all charged with attempted murder. If you don't see the disparity then you're simply turning a blind eye.

This story infuriates me to no limits. This six black teens are made out to be heros, yet the kick the living shit out of 1 person. From what I understand they didn't stop even when he was knocked out. They kept beating him. It would be an insult to the victim if they didn't push for attempted murder charges.:wtf:

Now the Blacks want to even try to make a connection between a noose hung from a tree and horrendous assault. AMAZING.

Here is a fact. Reverse racism is becoming much more of a problem than the good old fashion racism.

Note: It is also an insult to have Mos Def at anything promoting intellect. Any American that is as ignorant as he is and hates his country as much as he does, does not deserve to remain here and make a fortune off of it. Hey Mos Def, true Islam is not going to let you sing.

I would like to point out that there is no such thing as "reverse-racism." Either it's racism or it isn't.

All the kids, and I mean ALL that were involved from the very begining who comitted any crime, should be punished. Race shouldn't have anything to do with it other than evidence of how all this mess started.

All the kids, and I mean ALL that were involved from the very begining who comitted any crime, should be punished. Race shouldn't have anything to do with it other than evidence of how all this mess started.

I do not agree with the people that are sponsoring the protests, they are generally wrong on every count they make of something they support. Having said this. It would seem, if one is to take the information available from the press at face value, that in fact there may be a problem. White "kids" getting slaps on the wrist for serious offenses while these 6 get hammered for what appears to be no more than a fight.

I would suggest that unconscious or not, if there was REALLY an attempt to kill the one "kid" he would have been in a lot more serious condition than a bloody bruise on his face and NO hospital time.

I do not consider 6 people on 1 a "fight". 6 people on 1 is called "getting jumped" where I come from. And yes, if the white kids are getting away with putting shotguns in people faces and NOT getting expelled for hanging nooses on trees, there could be a problem in Jena.

I would like to point out that there is no such thing as "reverse-racism." Either it's racism or it isn't.

I hope more here have delved into the Jena story. There is a good commentary on it at http://tinyurl.com/yvees6.

I grew up with the end of Jim Crow in small town KY. I had black friends, nannys and farm help from my first memory. It did not occur to me that I would not go to school to them in 1950. It did not occur to me that I would not be allowed to sit in the back of the bus with them. When I was cautioned about that, I made such a 6 year old stink that they let me slide.

I had a strange upbringing. We lived on a small farm. My mother had been nursing student and nurse in NYC for seven years. My mother was Catholic and my dad was a Presbyterian crypto-Kluxer. Go figure that one out.

I grew up with the socially acceptable term "colored people" and I do not remember hearing the less acceptable appellation until I was in grade school. I did not find out about my fathers "wannabe" affiliations until I was 12. It was not until 1964 and I was at Ft Jackson, SC that I was aware of the full impact of much of Jim Crow. By then I had seen the Civil Rights movement from afar but I never saw any of the worst of it in my isolated upbringing. The military was completely integrated by then and I felt right at home. For many others, from all over the US, it was a first time experience for them.

Jim Crow will exist for many for at least another generation. It is not so much structural now as it is a mental hangup. In Jena, it is still near the surface. The start of this whole mess was a territoriality issue over a campus tree.

I have now come to believe the end of the military draft was more of a sop thrown to appease the racially miffed and had gone far in its history to make a difference in the racial issues in the greater society.

Racism and religious hate is the ultimate state of retardation for the mind and the soul. Your perspective and your experience may be different. If it is, then you are to handle any animosity you have in a socially acceptable way.

(I already know that I am a Liberal and a wise ass, so you can think of some other way to respond if you are so moved.)

I AM

Why can't they just hate each other for political reasons like mature people?

Why hate anyone at all? Seems like a waste of emotional resources to me, and nothing good ever comes of it. Look at the people who just thrive on it. They're obvious, and their message is lost to their hatred and intolerance.

I don't have to like you nor agree with you, but neither require that I want you stamped out of existence for not seeing things my way.

Why hate anyone at all? Seems like a waste of emotional resources to me, and nothing good ever comes of it. Look at the people who just thrive on it. They're obvious, and their message is lost to their hatred and intolerance.

I don't have to like you nor agree with you, but neither require that I want you stamped out of existence for not seeing things my way.

Agreed--It's getting pretty nasty and childish but maybe more importantly useless.

Agreed--It's getting pretty nasty and childish but maybe more importantly useless.

Of course it's useless, but it's driving the world's train right now, and I don't think US politics has been as polarized as it is now since pre-Civil War. I don't know that for a fact, because there have been plenty of fights, but pre-Civil War and now seem to be the worst.

Of course it's useless, but it's driving the world's train right now, and I don't think US politics has been as polarized as it is now since pre-Civil War. I don't know that for a fact, because there have been plenty of fights, but pre-Civil War and now seem to be the worst.

and now I can't even use the old "noose" gag on Halloween. I'll have to stick it in the pile of all the other non-PC stuff that I can't use or say anymore.

Forum List

Back