Zone1 Janis Joplin wished she was black because they have more emotions!

Janis Joplin was a great singer; one of my favorites. She had one of those beautiful voices that can never be duplicated. It's sad she died so young. 💔

Janis would have been a mediocre female black blues singer. Lots of competition there. Billie Holliday, Big Mama Thornton, Ruth Brown, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie, Sister Rosetta Tharpe.....Just to name a few. Janis had the benefit of being white, having a great blues voice and a love for the blues along with great talent. She's in a category all her own.

stay on topic

"I wanted to smoke dope, take dope, lick dope, suck dope, f**k dope, anything I could lay my hands on, I wanted to do it!"- Janis Joplin

barely eating, she dwindled to skin & bones
She officially died of an accidental Heroin overdose in a hotel waiting for friends who were supposed to visit her but never showed. She also had alcohol in her blood as she was a big drinker.

"You know why we’re stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don’t let themselves feel things."

will she be cancelled by the left? or in this case by the right? i'm confused!

Janis Joplin Quote: It's not what isn't, it's what you wish was that makes unhappiness.
Getting Even at All the White Men Who Rejected Her

A confused, plug-ugly, and desperately lonely little girl who ran away to Druggy Land and jumped off its cliff.

Janis would have been a mediocre female black blues singer. Lots of competition there. Billie Holliday, Big Mama Thornton, Ruth Brown, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie, Sister Rosetta Tharpe.....Just to name a few. Janis had the benefit of being white, having a great blues voice and a love for the blues along with great talent. She's in a category all her own.
Not that different from Elvis.

Forum List

Back