Jamestown was a communist cult

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I was watching some story (and it is a story because none of it is true) and they tried to place the blame on Jamestown on religious zeletry which is complete bullshit! I'm not surprised when it comes from cnn because, um...well it is cnn, but Jamestown was founded by a communist by the name of James jones. It should be obvious considering that they were all harvesting and distributing the goods equally. The guy at Waco was a religious Wacko In Every sense but Jamestown was not.

It just pisses me off that they tried to make this into some kind of anti religious thing by saying things like "I don't like organized religion". What religion isn't organized in some way? If you believe something spiritual you are going to find other people who also believe it and organize from there. The only other alternative is that what you believe is something you believe all by yourself and in that case there is no point in organizing with anyone else. How could you at that point?

I'm not saying that people in organizations don't behave maliciously but that is true of all organizations not just religions. Why not say I don't believe in organized workplaces, organized families, organized society. We can just go our own way and not organize at all. That's virtually impossible to do!

The entire argument against "organized religion" is really an attempt to destroy the social institutions influence in society. The local church use to have a lot of sway in the community but now there influence has been diminished because it is an organized religion. It has to be a place of evil! We never say that about satanist who organize, how about Islam? Do we ever say believe in ala in your own heart and stay away from those mosque? They are full of crazy people! This is definitely targeted towards one religion and one religion only which is Christianity in America.

• Banned
James Jones, founder of Peoples Temple, conducted the mass suicide in Jonestown, Guyana...not Jamestown, VA.

Oops. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Lol... I just said the first colony in America was a communist cult. Oh Jesus! I'm going to get it now.

I was watching some story (and it is a story because none of it is true) and they tried to place the blame on Jamestown on religious zeletry which is complete bullshit! I'm not surprised when it comes from cnn because, um...well it is cnn, but Jamestown was founded by a communist by the name of James jones. It should be obvious considering that they were all harvesting and distributing the goods equally. The guy at Waco was a religious Wacko In Every sense but Jamestown was not.

It just pisses me off that they tried to make this into some kind of anti religious thing by saying things like "I don't like organized religion". What religion isn't organized in some way? If you believe something spiritual you are going to find other people who also believe it and organize from there. The only other alternative is that what you believe is something you believe all by yourself and in that case there is no point in organizing with anyone else. How could you at that point?

I'm not saying that people in organizations don't behave maliciously but that is true of all organizations not just religions. Why not say I don't believe in organized workplaces, organized families, organized society. We can just go our own way and not organize at all. That's virtually impossible to do!

The entire argument against "organized religion" is really an attempt to destroy the social institutions influence in society. The local church use to have a lot of sway in the community but now there influence has been diminished because it is an organized religion. It has to be a place of evil! We never say that about satanist who organize, how about Islam? Do we ever say believe in ala in your own heart and stay away from those mosque? They are full of crazy people! This is definitely targeted towards one religion and one religion only which is Christianity in America.
images2D0RUOA3.jpg
imagesI3L1UEGZ.jpg

Forum List

Back