Jake Tapper Mocked For Calling This Part of Impeachment Hearing a 'Bombshell'

CNN’s Jake Tapper was roundly mocked on Twitter Wednesday after calling a section from the first public impeachment hearing a “bombshell.”

Here was the full statement from former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor's testimony:

Last Friday, a member of my staff told me of events that occurred on July 26. While Ambassador Volker and I visited the front, this member of my staff accompanied Ambassador Sondland. Ambassador Sondland met with Mr. Yermak. Following that meeting, in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called President Trump and told him of his meetings in Kyiv. The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone, asking Ambassador Sondland about “the investigations.” Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward. Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for. At the time I gave my deposition on October 22, I was not aware of this information.

This "bombshell" was Taylor basically describing a game of telephone that began from an eavesdropper. Critics were quick to inform Tapper this was most certainly not a bombshell.

(snip)

While Republicans, especially Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), did a great job stressing that Taylor's testimony was unverifiable hearsay, even CNN's legal analyst agreed it's a big problem for Democrats that their key witnesses never met President Trump.

Neither witness has ever met Trump.

Neither witness has ever talked to Trump.

Taylor had 3 meetings with the Ukraine President, at no point was any mention made of withholding aid or the investigation.

Neither was in on the actual call.

Neither was in the room when the call was made.

Neither was in the White House when the call was made.

Neither one had direct knowledge of what was discussed in the call.

Each one learned something about something they think was said in the call when members of their staff spoke to other people who spoke to other people....

Yeah....I don't think the democrat understand the words "Star Witness," or "Bombshell."

CNN’s Jake Tapper was roundly mocked on Twitter Wednesday after calling a section from the first public impeachment hearing a “bombshell.”

Here was the full statement from former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor's testimony:

Last Friday, a member of my staff told me of events that occurred on July 26. While Ambassador Volker and I visited the front, this member of my staff accompanied Ambassador Sondland. Ambassador Sondland met with Mr. Yermak. Following that meeting, in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called President Trump and told him of his meetings in Kyiv. The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone, asking Ambassador Sondland about “the investigations.” Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward. Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for. At the time I gave my deposition on October 22, I was not aware of this information.

This "bombshell" was Taylor basically describing a game of telephone that began from an eavesdropper. Critics were quick to inform Tapper this was most certainly not a bombshell.

(snip)

While Republicans, especially Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), did a great job stressing that Taylor's testimony was unverifiable hearsay, even CNN's legal analyst agreed it's a big problem for Democrats that their key witnesses never met President Trump.

Jake was just doing what his "bosses" told him to.

The weird thing is that when Jake was at ABC he was actually one of the "better" ones within the Democratic Media.
Not Great - but appeared to be able to think for himself.
LOL Did it ever occur to you that he still IS?
What, working for ABC too? I would not doubt it.

(snip)

Who mocked him Trump humpers
Your obsession with humping Trump is strange.

(snip)

Jake was just doing what his "bosses" told him to.
Each side is spinning the story their own way. Tapper and CNN are not the only ones calling the alleged phone call revelation a bombshell. A more accurate description of the "bombshell" revelation is it will only be a "bombshell" if further evidence of the phone call is acquired.
So in other words, it's just like the final nail in the coffinthat was going to see Trump and company indicted and frog marched out of the WH in handcuffs that experts like Clapper and Brennan and the press kept assuring us was just around the corner....just you wait and see.....any day now Mueller will lower the boom. LOL

I saw that. I smiled when I read it. It consumes her every waking moment.

Hillary who? And she consumes yours as well. Does she come out of your closet at night and invade your dreams?
In 60 days she’s going to be your candidate, so this thread will be fun to quote you then.
Delusional much? She isn’t running.

(snip)

Your obsession with humping Trump is strange.

Yep. Pure projection. A characteristic of Progressives. Strange too.

(snip)

Sane People.

Well that wouldn't be Trump Humpers.

Forum List

Back