Jake Tapper Mocked For Calling This Part of Impeachment Hearing a 'Bombshell'

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
CNN’s Jake Tapper was roundly mocked on Twitter Wednesday after calling a section from the first public impeachment hearing a “bombshell.”

Here was the full statement from former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor's testimony:

Last Friday, a member of my staff told me of events that occurred on July 26. While Ambassador Volker and I visited the front, this member of my staff accompanied Ambassador Sondland. Ambassador Sondland met with Mr. Yermak. Following that meeting, in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called President Trump and told him of his meetings in Kyiv. The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone, asking Ambassador Sondland about “the investigations.” Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward. Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for. At the time I gave my deposition on October 22, I was not aware of this information.

This "bombshell" was Taylor basically describing a game of telephone that began from an eavesdropper. Critics were quick to inform Tapper this was most certainly not a bombshell.

(snip)

While Republicans, especially Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), did a great job stressing that Taylor's testimony was unverifiable hearsay, even CNN's legal analyst agreed it's a big problem for Democrats that their key witnesses never met President Trump.

Democrats - off the fucking rails.

Sometimes I don't know who gives the marching orders and who takes them

Democratic Media /Democratic Politicians

NPCBomb.jpg

The Democrats are controlled by the corporate entities that own CNN (Time/Warner), NBC/MSNBC (Comcast), ABC (Disney), CBS, PBS, and the others.

CNN’s Jake Tapper was roundly mocked on Twitter Wednesday after calling a section from the first public impeachment hearing a “bombshell.”

Here was the full statement from former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor's testimony:

Last Friday, a member of my staff told me of events that occurred on July 26. While Ambassador Volker and I visited the front, this member of my staff accompanied Ambassador Sondland. Ambassador Sondland met with Mr. Yermak. Following that meeting, in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called President Trump and told him of his meetings in Kyiv. The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone, asking Ambassador Sondland about “the investigations.” Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward. Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for. At the time I gave my deposition on October 22, I was not aware of this information.

This "bombshell" was Taylor basically describing a game of telephone that began from an eavesdropper. Critics were quick to inform Tapper this was most certainly not a bombshell.

(snip)

While Republicans, especially Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), did a great job stressing that Taylor's testimony was unverifiable hearsay, even CNN's legal analyst agreed it's a big problem for Democrats that their key witnesses never met President Trump.

Jake was just doing what his "bosses" told him to.

(snip)

Each side is spinning the story their own way. Tapper and CNN are not the only ones calling the alleged phone call revelation a bombshell. A more accurate description of the "bombshell" revelation is it will only be a "bombshell" if further evidence of the phone call is acquired.

Bombshell ... :auiqs.jpg:

It just bombed is all.

Bombshell?? Not fucking hardly. All I heard was a bunch of hearsay from every "witness" they had testify.

Hearsay is just that hearsay and isn't even allowed in a court of law.

Another big goose egg for the Dems and Shiffforbrains. What an egotistical little shit he is.

All the imbeciles are doing is paving the way for a Trump win in 2020. And don't I love the pack of imbeciles. God Dems. LOL

(snip)

The weird thing is that when Jake was at ABC he was actually one of the "better" ones within the Democratic Media.
Not Great - but appeared to be able to think for himself.

(snip)

Each side is spinning the story their own way. Tapper and CNN are not the only ones calling the alleged phone call revelation a bombshell. A more accurate description of the "bombshell" revelation is it will only be a "bombshell" if further evidence of the phone call is acquired.
No spin required. Democrats fell flat on their face. :113:

(snip)

I heard ABC spinning this thing into orbit-they are worse than CNN. You are right-let evidence or lack of guide the way-not opinions.

Yesterday was a complete debacle for Schifferbrains and the Dimwingers. Even their leftist media minions can't spin it.

(snip)

You are jusr believing the spin you choose. Pro Trumper's believe their spin and anti-Trumper's believe theirs.

(snip)

You are jusr believing the spin you choose. Pro Trumper's believe their spin and anti-Trumper's believe theirs.
The only people having to try to spin yesterday are the Dimwingers. No spin required from Republicans.

(snip)

Who mocked him Trump humpers

(snip)

Who mocked him Trump humpers

Sane People.

(snip)

The weird thing is that when Jake was at ABC he was actually one of the "better" ones within the Democratic Media.
LOL Did it ever occur to you that he still IS?

(snip)

LOL Did it ever occur to you that he still IS?

It is a very low bar that they have all agreed to set for themselves -
So I guess that he might be.

Last edited:

(snip)

'Hearsay' is not evidence. That is not spin. Witnesses need to witness something. That is not spin.

(snip)

The perfect depiction of dims.......

Forum List

Back