Ivanka granted more Chinese Trademark Patents - Coincidence?

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
The Chinese government has granted Ivanka Trump's company preliminary approval for another five trademarks this month, as her father's administration pushes ahead on trade negotiations with China.

Four trademarks, including child care centers, sunglasses and wedding dresses, were approved on Sunday. A fifth, covering brokerage, charitable fundraising and art valuation services, was approved on Jan.6, according to online trademark office records. The applications were filed in 2016 and 2017. If no one objects, they will be finalized after 90 days.

Ivanka Trump's expanding intellectual property holdings have long raised ethical concerns, particularly in China, where the courts and bureaucracy tend to reflect the will of the ruling Communist Party.

Critics argue that by asking a foreign government for valuable intellectual property rights, White House officials could open themselves to pressure in government negotiations. There is also concern that the family's global trademark portfolio would open the way for lucrative business opportunities once Donald Trump leaves office.

Ivanka Trump's lawyers in China did not respond immediately to a request for comment.
China grants Ivanka Trump 5 trademarks amid trade talks

Trade talks ratchet up with China. Tensions calm down then Ivanka receives lucrative trademarks from the Chinese government.

Coincidence?

Note: Patents should have been omitted from title.

Last edited:
It is not illegal for Trump's children to conduct business anywhere you can.
I agree it is not illegal. It is, however, about the favoritism showed her by the Chinese government. She would never have been granted those trademarks without the Chinese government's consent.

It also raises troubling questions because Ivanka is an advisor to her father too. Her father will also profit from this arrangement once his term is over.

In another time, this business arrangement would have caused outrage throughout the political world. Now barely a blip.

Where does US interests begin and the Trump family business arrangements end in any negotiations with China is anyone's guess.

It's not causing a bleep because that's the way the world works. The rich and powerful will always have advantages over the common slobs. It's just the way it is. Become rich and powerful and President Xi will kiss your ass too.

It's not causing a bleep because that's the way the world works. The rich and powerful will always have advantages over the common slobs. It's just the way it is. Become rich and powerful and President Xi will kiss your ass too.
Can't disagree with what you say. Given Ivanka's financial interest in China, I would like to know is she advising her father on China policy and what her advice is. I think that is a minimum we should know.

Can't disagree with what you say. Given Ivanka's financial interest in China, I would like to know is she advising her father on China policy and what her advice is. I think that is a minimum we should know.
Somehow if It was Obama's daughter having business dealing in China, this wouldn't be an issue for you.

Am I right?

It is not illegal for Trump's children to conduct business anywhere you can.
I agree it is not illegal. It is, however, about the favoritism showed her by the Chinese government. She would never have been granted those trademarks without the Chinese government's consent.

It also raises troubling questions because Ivanka is an advisor to her father too. Her father will also profit from this arrangement once his term is over.

In another time, this business arrangement would have caused outrage throughout the political world. Now barely a blip.

Where does US interests begin and the Trump family business arrangements end in any negotiations with China is anyone's guess.

If the Red Chinese government is allegedly showing favoritism to Ms. Trump's business, that's a complaint with that government not the US administration. B. Hussein O's brother is a leading Chinese citizen- he should write a letter to President Xi to complain strenuously if the libs see favoritism.

Somehow if It was Obama's daughter having business dealing in China, this wouldn't be an issue for you.

Am I right?
No you are wrong. If she were profiting from her father's tenure as president or using his office to make money, I would be equally concerned and want have an ethics investigation.

Lol what a dumbass thread.
Trump and XI have been hammering each other for a year and here comes this dumbass OP

Lol what a dumbass thread.
Trump and XI have been hammering each other for a year and here comes this dumbass OP
What an idiotic comment. Why do you think the Chinese government is granting her these lucrative trademarks? What is Ivanka advising her father? Is there a quid pro quo? If you were not a partisan hack you would wish to have answers to these questions.

Am I right?
No you are wrong. If she were profiting from her father's tenure as president or using his office to make money, I would be equally concerned and want have an ethics investigation.
I've got a Tesla car heading to Mars to sell you.

Am I right?

Libs said nothing about Obama's publishers using their client's election to the presidency to sell more books, or Billy Carter using his brother's presidency to sell his beer. I can't see this as a big deal, it isn't like the President insisted on special treatment for his beloved daughter.

Am I right?
in your mind that might be true

Am I right?

Libs said nothing about Obama's publishers using their client's election to the presidency to sell more books, or Billy Carter using his brother's presidency to sell his beer. I can't see this as a big deal, it isn't like the President insisted on special treatment for his beloved daughter.
how do you know he didnt??

Am I right?
Sorry to disappoint you. Corruption is corruption no matter who does it. I would not give Obama a pass as you do Trump. The fact that you give Trump a pass is your own problem.

Am I right?
in your mind that might be true
Okay, let's prove something here. Obama weaponized the DOJ and FBI to interfere in a US election by letting them spring false charges on a candidate for President. Do we have an ethics investigation leading to prison terms for the guilty FBI agents and Obama?

Forum List

Back