Its time to stop supporting Cain

Please guys..keep jumping from candidate to candidate.

We love it!

:clap:

There's a lot of time left. :)

That's why they are candidates. Your candidate is already picked. He's incumbent.

So, your point?

We love it!

That's why they are candidates. Your candidate is already picked. He's incumbent.

So, your point?

I thought I made it.

Loving this man..really.

:lol:

You have not made a point. You are laughing at the US Political process in which candidates speak out and defend their positions. It's the same process the Democrats follow however your candidate is already picked and incumbent.

You have no point that I can see other than you are laughing at the US process of societal vetting with regards to US Presidential hopefuls.

And if that's your point, I would think you will be laughing when the Democrats are not incumbent and are doing the same thing when the Republicans are incumbent and not. :razz:

We love it!

So, your point?

I thought I made it.

Loving this man..really.

:lol:

Now this is real love:eusa_whistle: Good song though...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY46SeJO6x4]Crying Over Obama - YouTube[/ame]

This issue makes Republicans look like idiots.

For many this is confirmation.

The more we are talking about this, the more Obama is winning.

Correct.

The more we are talking about the media treating Obama with kid gloves, the more he is winning?

Please explain to this neophyte Canadian how that can be C_Clayton_Jones? And who are the many?

And why does no one address the media issue? Unwilling?

Here's the problem and why EVERYTHING you see on television or hear on the radio needs to be put into context and fact checked.

Remember all those Obama gaffes and missteps? You probably don't so let's refresh the memories here:

1. His interview with George Stephanopolous in which he said that "It is absolutely true that John McCain has not mentioned my Muslim faith." Stephanopolous immediately prompted him to correct "Muslim faith" and repeat it as "My Christian faith." That is pretty much the only play that clip got except for the Youtube captures. None of the mainstream media bothered with it after that first day.

Do you think they would let it slide by with Sarah Palin? Or Hermain Cain? Nope, we would be hearing about it and seeing it repeated for days and days and days--out of context.

2. During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," President Obama causes a stir by making an off-hand joke comparing his bowling prowess to the Special Olympics.
If that had been Palin or Cain, it would have been brought up again and again for weeks to demonstrate their insensitivity. With Obama it got one night's coverage.

3. In his first press conference after being elected, Obama says he already spoke with all the living presidents, and then clarifies that by adding, "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."
The MSM laughed. If it had been Palin or Cain, it would have been oft repeated as what they really said for real.

4. While campaigning in Ohio, Joe Biden says that "J-O-B-S" is a three-letter word. One mention in the MSM. If it was Palin or Cain, you would have seen it again and again and again to illustrate what idiots they are.

5. When Obama bumped his head on the helicopter when he turned to wave to the crowd – one night coverage compared to President Bush attempting to exit stage left via a locked door played again and again and again

6. Obama rewrote WWII history such that the allies liberated Auschwitz and claimed that his uncle was in the American brigade that helped to liberate Auschwitz.
Auschwitz of course is in Poland. It was liberated by the Red Army on Jan 27 1945.

Did you see that in the mainstream media? I thought not since it was barely mentioned. Had it been Bush or Palin or Cain, however, you would have seen it emblazoned in headlines and leading evening newscasts to illustrate how clueless (and dishonest) they were.

7. Obama got a pass from the MSM when he criticized the Bush administration for not removing Arabic translators from Iraq and sending them to Afghanistan (where no Arabic is spoken.) Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a pass?

8. The Saddleback interview: “Rick Warren: ...Now, let's deal with abortion; 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. As a pastor, I have to deal with this all of the time, all of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. Forty million abortions, at what point does a baby get human rights, in your view?"

Barack Obama: "Well, you know, I think that whether you're looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

One day's coverage by the MSM. With Bush or Cain or Palin, such a statement would have been blown up to monumental proportions.

9. "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." Forgiven by the MSM. Had any of the others said anything similar about any race they would have been branded racist.

10. "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." Forgiven on the strength of he was 'tired' in the MSM. Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a break that they were 'tired'?

These are just some of hundreds of examples we could use over the last four or five years. The MSM blows off the gaffes and misstatements and contradictions made by THEIR team and give it brief and cursory coverage if they cover it at all. Often they don't even mention it until it shows up on the internet and then they have to at least mention it to avoid being seen as 'biased' or 'partisan'.

It is time we on the right stop being passive gullible idiots and start being proactive in defending our own when they are unfairly attacked, represented, or lied about or taken out of context to make people believe their statements are much more questionable than they actually are.

Is this not about the media either Toro?

Read my posts. They are about the media not being responsible.

^ Like here?

just wait until cain starts signing those constuitional amendments!

Okay, Fox. Media types are liberal. You can't play the game and complain about the rules or the home field advantage.

Absolutely, if Obama got caught clubbing baby seals on the South Lawn of the White House, the national media would villify the seals.

baby-seal.jpg

"Stop me before I kill again!"

If Cain can't make his case above what the media is going to say about him, he's not ready for the job.

Because, honestly. Reagan was able to. The media was dead set against him, but he got his message out by going around them.

We had a very different media in the 1980's than we have now.
I know because I was part of it.

Indeed.

Oh, I don't know. Back then you didn't have Fox News. You didn't have Talk Radio. You had the fairness doctrine still in place. If anything, it was probably worse back then.

Reagan's advantage was that he knew how to use television, having starred in it.

We had a very different media in the 1980's than we have now.
I know because I was part of it.

Indeed.

Oh, I don't know. Back then you didn't have Fox News. You didn't have Talk Radio. You had the fairness doctrine still in place. If anything, it was probably worse back then.

Reagan's advantage was that he knew how to use television, having starred in it.

Showing pictures of seals doesn't change the fact that your 'probably' is unknown.

It was far better with regards to investigative journalism. Now they mostly follow blogger posts around (in order to determine events) because it's cheaper.

Now they respond to tweets in the moment and these tweets from single tweeters are suspect.

Do the reporters investigate? Not like they did twenty years ago. And there was better investigative journalism forty years ago.

And I was living through it then as well. :)

Last edited:
Thats an endorsement coming from you

But he is unwilling to respond to the post by Foxfyre below. :)

Here's the problem and why EVERYTHING you see on television or hear on the radio needs to be put into context and fact checked.

Remember all those Obama gaffes and missteps? You probably don't so let's refresh the memories here:

1. His interview with George Stephanopolous in which he said that "It is absolutely true that John McCain has not mentioned my Muslim faith." Stephanopolous immediately prompted him to correct "Muslim faith" and repeat it as "My Christian faith." That is pretty much the only play that clip got except for the Youtube captures. None of the mainstream media bothered with it after that first day.

Do you think they would let it slide by with Sarah Palin? Or Hermain Cain? Nope, we would be hearing about it and seeing it repeated for days and days and days--out of context.

2. During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," President Obama causes a stir by making an off-hand joke comparing his bowling prowess to the Special Olympics.
If that had been Palin or Cain, it would have been brought up again and again for weeks to demonstrate their insensitivity. With Obama it got one night's coverage.

3. In his first press conference after being elected, Obama says he already spoke with all the living presidents, and then clarifies that by adding, "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."
The MSM laughed. If it had been Palin or Cain, it would have been oft repeated as what they really said for real.

4. While campaigning in Ohio, Joe Biden says that "J-O-B-S" is a three-letter word. One mention in the MSM. If it was Palin or Cain, you would have seen it again and again and again to illustrate what idiots they are.

5. When Obama bumped his head on the helicopter when he turned to wave to the crowd – one night coverage compared to President Bush attempting to exit stage left via a locked door played again and again and again

6. Obama rewrote WWII history such that the allies liberated Auschwitz and claimed that his uncle was in the American brigade that helped to liberate Auschwitz.
Auschwitz of course is in Poland. It was liberated by the Red Army on Jan 27 1945.

Did you see that in the mainstream media? I thought not since it was barely mentioned. Had it been Bush or Palin or Cain, however, you would have seen it emblazoned in headlines and leading evening newscasts to illustrate how clueless (and dishonest) they were.

7. Obama got a pass from the MSM when he criticized the Bush administration for not removing Arabic translators from Iraq and sending them to Afghanistan (where no Arabic is spoken.) Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a pass?

8. The Saddleback interview: “Rick Warren: ...Now, let's deal with abortion; 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. As a pastor, I have to deal with this all of the time, all of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. Forty million abortions, at what point does a baby get human rights, in your view?"

Barack Obama: "Well, you know, I think that whether you're looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

One day's coverage by the MSM. With Bush or Cain or Palin, such a statement would have been blown up to monumental proportions.

9. "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." Forgiven by the MSM. Had any of the others said anything similar about any race they would have been branded racist.

10. "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." Forgiven on the strength of he was 'tired' in the MSM. Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a break that they were 'tired'?

These are just some of hundreds of examples we could use over the last four or five years. The MSM blows off the gaffes and misstatements and contradictions made by THEIR team and give it brief and cursory coverage if they cover it at all. Often they don't even mention it until it shows up on the internet and then they have to at least mention it to avoid being seen as 'biased' or 'partisan'.

It is time we on the right stop being passive gullible idiots and start being proactive in defending our own when they are unfairly attacked, represented, or lied about or taken out of context to make people believe their statements are much more questionable than they actually are.

So, with all that being said Jroc.

Why doesn't anyone from the Democratic side respond to the post by Foxfyre?

Forum List

Back