Its time to stop supporting Cain

So what. I'm a convicted felon. Old mistakes do not define everyone.

Yeah, but you act like one.

Your so lost. I run a pretty successful business. I deal with clients everyday. Many of them liberals, yet they still manage to be satisfied and even pay me. The extreme left and right are too quick to judge.

Like judging Herman Cain based on his difficulty articulating his position on the issue of abortion?

Yeah, but you act like one.

Your so lost. I run a pretty successful business. I deal with clients everyday. Many of them liberals, yet they still manage to be satisfied and even pay me. The extreme left and right are too quick to judge.

Like judging Herman Cain based on his difficulty articulating his position on the issue of abortion?

I still like Cain. I just don't think he is ready for this. That's hardly the same as judging someone who isn't running for a public position based on words on a forum.

I still like Cain. I just don't think he is ready for this. That's hardly the same as judging someone who isn't running for a public position based on words on a forum.

He's getting there just fine.

And he doesn't carry the electoral baggage of the GOP "likely" nominee. Romney.

Herman CAIN do it.

1023-herzog-cain-ap-getty-ex-credit.jpg

Holy shit, Cain's bodyguard is a convicted felon!

Oksana's Former Bodyguard -- Now Protecting Herman Cain | TMZ.com

So? We are not electing bodyguards.

Why would anyone consider you relaible when it comes to advice about the GOP candidate? The very opposite. Anyone you think is good should instantly be suspect and anyone you ridicule ought to be a shoo-in.

I thought Reich Perry would cakewalk to the nomination. But I also thought he could walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. You should want more...hell you should probably hold out for a guy who can mass enough resources to put out a fire and talk in complete sentences. I guess in the land of the blind, the guy with one eye is king; right?

A person who represents the sensible center is preferable to partisan morons any day of the week in my opinion. In a pragmatic sense though, if it is Obama against most, I'll pick Obama because he's closer to that center than most GOP members much less those stumping for the party nomination.

Can't wait for you guys to start voting.

Your scorn for Perry basically echoes what libs said about Reagan, who was written off early in the 1980 run.
If you think Obama is anywhere near center then you need to move to France.

We need to support Newt. He will eat Obama alive in debates. Romney polices are to close to Obamas for me to support him!

You're absolutely right and thanks for that comment.
The interesting question is, if he is a convicted felon he is forbidden from being in possession of a firearm. So what kind of bodyguard could he be?

Rights can be restored. All it takes is money.

The interesting question is, if he is a convicted felon he is forbidden from being in possession of a firearm. So what kind of bodyguard could he be?

Most of my civil liberties were restored after my parole was concluded. No money require. As far as firearms go you have to apply to have your record expunged. I never bothered since I don't desire a gun. But I easily could.

Most of my civil liberties were restored after my parole was concluded. No money require. As far as firearms go you have to apply to have your record expunged. I never bothered since I don't desire a gun. But I easily could.

In my state you just petition the court. Pay the fee. Next!! VIOLENT OFFENDERS NEED NOT APPLY, Although they still can get back the right to vote.

It would depend on a lot of things. I had a customer with an armed robbery conviction when he was 21 and now at age 61 with a perfect law abiding record he wants a gun. He is SOL. ATF tells him they dont have funds to pursue restoration of rights cases. Which is BS.

It would depend on a lot of things. I had a customer with an armed robbery conviction when he was 21 and now at age 61 with a perfect law abiding record he wants a gun. He is SOL. ATF tells him they dont have funds to pursue restoration of rights cases. Which is BS.

So its a federal law? I thought the gun issue was a state law. Guess it doesn't matter as other than a hunting shotgun I have no desire to own a gun. No black powder for me.

So its a federal law? I thought the gun issue was a state law. Guess it doesn't matter as other than a hunting shotgun I have no desire to own a gun. No black powder for me.

It's both.
I had another customer who had a total restoration of rights (he had bought 1 oz of weed in the 1970s). They changed the law and now he is prohibited.
Stupid.

Why would anyone consider you relaible when it comes to advice about the GOP candidate? The very opposite. Anyone you think is good should instantly be suspect and anyone you ridicule ought to be a shoo-in.

I thought Reich Perry would cakewalk to the nomination. But I also thought he could walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. You should want more...hell you should probably hold out for a guy who can mass enough resources to put out a fire and talk in complete sentences. I guess in the land of the blind, the guy with one eye is king; right?

A person who represents the sensible center is preferable to partisan morons any day of the week in my opinion. In a pragmatic sense though, if it is Obama against most, I'll pick Obama because he's closer to that center than most GOP members much less those stumping for the party nomination.

Your scorn for Perry basically echoes what libs said about Reagan, who was written off early in the 1980 run.

Reagan was brilliant in the debates.

Perry, well, not so much.

Actually he bumbled a lot and made a lot of factual mistakes. Remember the "trees cause pollution" fiasco?
Agreed Perry was not at his best. So what? I dont want a debater, I want someone with good policies and a record of achievement in the political sphere.

To the OP......you are about 8 weeks late by my count.

Yea, I'm late for being through and closely evaluating all the candidates before the election. :cuckoo:

It's just a shame that the left didn't do the same.

You could try harder. President Obama was vetted. The voters liked what they found. Enough still do.

Cain played you. Now you are lining up to be played by Newt. Neither one of them is serious about winning the nomination, let alone the Presidency.

Vetted? Yes. Well vetted? I'm not so sure.

The Obama birth certificate issue has been left alone by the major media. Where was there usual investigative journalism?

This is where those who do not want the investigation pop up and say there was no need since a copy of an original was provided. :cuckoo:

The media had simply assumed, (because they favored his candidacy imo) that President Obama, with a history of being moved from country to country under different names, is a legitimate U.S. citizen.

Some say that the birth certificate could be a fraud since it is a copy. But it was never an issue for the major media. :doubt:

They would rather examine photos of Bristol Palin dancing.

Obama was vetted with kid gloves imo but yes, he was vetted. All are.

Actually he bumbled a lot and made a lot of factual mistakes. Remember the "trees cause pollution" fiasco?
Agreed Perry was not at his best. So what? I dont want a debater, I want someone with good policies and a record of achievement in the political sphere.

The trees cause pollution thing was when he was well into his Presidency. He made lots of gaffes, but he was a brilliant communicator and politician. This is about winning the nomination. I don't recall Reagan entering the race as the presumptuous favourite, then suck in the debates and drop 20 points in the polls.

Yea, I'm late for being through and closely evaluating all the candidates before the election. :cuckoo:

It's just a shame that the left didn't do the same.

You could try harder. President Obama was vetted. The voters liked what they found. Enough still do.

Cain played you. Now you are lining up to be played by Newt. Neither one of them is serious about winning the nomination, let alone the Presidency.

Vetted? Yes. Well vetted? I'm not so sure.

The Obama birth certificate issue has been left alone by the major media. Where was there usual investigative journalism?

This is where those who do not want the investigation pop up and say there was no need since a copy of an original was provided. :cuckoo:

The media had simply assumed, (because they favored his candidacy imo) that President Obama, with a history of being moved from country to country under different names, is a legitimate U.S. citizen.

Some say that the birth certificate could be a fraud since it is a copy. But it was never an issue for the major media. :doubt:

They would rather examine photos of Bristol Palin dancing.

Obama was vetted with kid gloves imo but yes, he was vetted. All are.

Obama produced his birth certificate before the election. This birfer nonsense is utterly bizarre and was rightly ignored by the media.

I personally like Cain and some of his ideas but it is clear that he is not only out of his league but his flip flops are epic in size.

He appears to really lack the principles that we need in our president. On no less than 3 issues he has changed his position at least twice. And two of those he changed his position 3 times in the same day. One or two changes over a long period could be overlooked. Fact is he tries to excuse his change of position by blaming it on "joking". A sense of humor is great but we got serious problems and we need a serious candidate.

Then their is the whole experience thing. I was willing to overlook a lack of govt experience for a sound economicly minded potus but.... The lack of experience is glaringly obvious when he can't seem to hold a position solid.

Which leads me to my final reason. Seemingly he has no core convictions worthy of standing up for. To change ones position so many times is a perfect example of not having a good set of core principles.

He is clearly different than Obama as far as govt intrusion goes but he is much to similar to him in the area of caving in. Compromise is one thing but abandoning your principles is unacceptable for me.

I've been leaning romney/cain (i still have hopes for newt but I know better...his "brand" is tarnished)

I still like Cain best, even with the media scrutiny being tough for him.

Last edited:

The trees cause pollution thing was when he was well into his Presidency. He made lots of gaffes, but he was a brilliant communicator and politician. This is about winning the nomination. I don't recall Reagan entering the race as the presumptuous favourite, then suck in the debates and drop 20 points in the polls.

Ronald W Reagan Quotes
It doesn't matter about polls. Polls do not determine the nominee. Romney, the supposed front runner has never broken 25%. That's a lot that can happen between now and Super Tues.

Forum List

Back