Its time to stop supporting Cain

Wonderful for Obama.

Wonderful for Mr. Cain.

Bad news for President Obama.

There. Fixed that for you Adam_Clayton.
The more successful Cain becomes, the more Perry, Romney and the other GOP candidates will be forced to attack him.

The Democrats can just sit back and collect video clips of Cain and his ideas being attacked by members of his own party.

If Cain should get the nomination, Obama and the Democrats have all the "ammunition" they need to campaign against him.

Thanks, Captain Obvious, for the glaringly established long-known reality of contested primaries....

It seems that the polls are beginning to reflect my thoughts. Cain with some experience could be a good leader but I believe we've already tried one potus with on the job training and that's not working out very well.

It seems that the polls are beginning to reflect my thoughts. Cain with some experience could be a good leader but I believe we've already tried one potus with on the job training and that's not working out very well.

It seems that the vitriolic smear campaign against him finally took some traction and has sent the Cain campaign polling numbers into a pronounced decline.

To the extent WE permit this, we have empowered the very scumbags who wish to dictate to the GOP who their nominee ought to be.

Speaker Gingrich is a beneficiary of the smear campaign that has damaged the Cain campaign.

He should take no comfort in it.

Clearly, he's the next victim-to-be of that same behavior.

It seems that the vitriolic smear campaign against him finally took some traction and has sent the Cain campaign polling numbers into a pronounced decline.

To the extent WE permit this, we have empowered the very scumbags who wish to dictate to the GOP who their nominee ought to be.

Speaker Gingrich is a beneficiary of the smear campaign that has damaged the Cain campaign.

True enough. Although I withdrew my support before the stories broke and for other reasons. I still defend him against unfounded smears regularly however.

True enough. Although I withdrew my support before the stories broke and for other reasons. I still defend him against unfounded smears regularly however.

What person has on-the-job experience to be POTUS unless he or she has been an actively engaged Vice President? Certainly being a governor has not worked out all that well. Reagan did reasonably well but it wasn't because of his governor's experience. Clinton, a former governor, performed so abysmally in his first two years as POTUS that he lost substantial Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate. Carter and Bush did not do reasonably well in many areas as POTUS and both were successful governors.

Herman Cain conversely brings a huge skill set to the job. Ability to add and subtract real numbers. A strong understanding of the workings of the Fed and the effects that government has on commerce and industry. Who to hire. How to lead. How to succeed.

I think he might need a lot less on-the-job-training to do the job than a lot of the others.

What person has on-the-job experience to be POTUS unless he or she has been an actively engaged Vice President? Certainly being a governor has not worked out all that well. Reagan did reasonably well but it wasn't because of his governor's experience. Clinton, a former governor, performed so abysmally in his first two years as POTUS that he lost substantial Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate. Carter and Bush did not do reasonably well in many areas as POTUS and both were successful governors.

Herman Cain conversely brings a huge skill set to the job. Ability to add and subtract real numbers. A strong understanding of the workings of the Fed and the effects that government has on commerce and industry. Who to hire. How to lead. How to succeed.

I think he might need a lot less on-the-job-training to do the job than a lot of the others.
Very true. His weak spot is Foreign Policy...but what does it take for foreign policy when it relates to our best interests, and that of siding with liberty of the people of countries that we deal with?

And there have been several threads already started here by the usual suspects.

His latest statement is that a leader doesn't have to know anything, just lead.

"We need a leader, not a reader" is what he said.

Funny, that line appeared on the Simpsons.

Very true. His weak spot is Foreign Policy...but what does it take for foreign policy when it relates to our best interests, and that of siding with liberty of the people of countries that we deal with?

But he has already described his management style. He is smart so getting up to speed on names, places, and issues won't be difficult for him. But I believe he will enlist a staff and cabinet who are as sharp as tacks, most especially his Secretary of State, and I would expect him to draft somebody like Newt Gingrich, with a wealth of foreign policy experience, as his VP. So being weak on that front does not bother me.

Obama, conversely, has a track record of drafting mostly ideologues for staff and management, and many of these have proved to be of questionable motives (his jobs 'czar' for instance) and/or as clueless as he is in how to handle things. I don't think Cain would follow that path.

But he has already described his management style. He is smart so getting up to speed on names, places, and issues won't be difficult for him. But I believe he will enlist a staff and cabinet who are as sharp as tacks, most especially his Secretary of State, and I would expect him to draft somebody like Newt Gingrich, with a wealth of foreign policy experience, as his VP. So being weak on that front does not bother me.

Obama, conversely, has a track record of drafting mostly ideologues for staff and management, and many of these have proved to be of questionable motives (his jobs 'czar' for instance) and/or as clueless as he is in how to handle things. I don't think Cain would follow that path.

Except he didn't remember Bialek, and he'd met her at a tea party function the month before.

"I have never acted inappropriately with anyone, period," Cain said. He said he watched Bialek's news conference and "my first response in my mind and reaction was, I don't even know who this woman is. Secondly, I didn't recognize the name at all."

Former boyfriend of Cain accuser backs her account - CNN

However, Cain and Bialek were spotted holding a conversation at a tea party event in Chicago on October 1, less than six weeks before Bialek went public with her allegation. Bialek had described that meeting at her news conference.

Witness;

After describing the alleged unwanted sexual advance by Cain 14 years ago, Bialek described to reporters Monday her most recent encounter with the former businessman now seeking the GOP presidental nomination.

"I went up to him and asked him, 'Do you remember me?' " said Bialek, who worked briefly for the National Restaurant Association's education foundation when Cain was head of the parent organization in the late 1990s.

"He acknowledged that he remembered me from the foundation, but he kind of looked uncomfortable and he said nothing as he was whisked away for his speech by his handlers," she said.

In a telephone interview, Jacobson said Wednesday that Bialek assertively made her way backstage at the October 1 event and encountered Cain.

According to Jacobson, Bialek approached Cain and said hello, and he smiled and they briefly embraced, then stood talking together.

"It was more like she put her arms around him. She didn't corner him, but I can use the basketball term, boxed him out," Jacobson said of the encounter.

Jacobson said she was unable to hear the conversation, which continued until an event organizer interrupted them to hustle Cain on stage for his speech.

"She talked to him for a few minutes, which made me kind of mad because I wanted to talk to him," Jacobson said.

While unwilling to characterize the encounter, Jacobson said that Cain looked "stone-faced" after his initial smile.

"There was a smile, and then things got tense," Jacobson said of the encounter.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-11-09/...-sexual-harassment-allegations?_s=PM:POLITICS

Last edited:
I often don't remember somebody I met ten, fifteen, twenty years before even if I sat beside them or across the dinner table from them. I don't remember some of my own relatives I spent a weekend with years ago. I certainly can't put names and faces to a lot of people have worked with in years past. And all things considered, I have a pretty good memory. People can change enough in 15-20 years to not be recognizable the next time you see them.

But of course the leftists will expect Cain to have flawless memory, instant recall, and unerring ability to remember everybody, no matter how casual or impersonal the contact. I would bet a good steak dinner they don't require that from those they support from their own party or ideology though.

I often don't remember somebody I met ten, fifteen, twenty years before even if I sat beside them or across the dinner table from them. I don't remember some of my own relatives I spent a weekend with years ago. I certainly can't put names and faces to a lot of people have worked with in years past. And all things considered, I have a pretty good memory. People can change enough in 15-20 years to not be recognizable the next time you see them.

But of course the leftists will expect Cain to have flawless memory, instant recall, and unerring ability to remember everybody, no matter how casual or impersonal the contact. I would bet a good steak dinner they don't require that from those they support from their own party or ideology though.

You know........you're right, there are people that I have a hard time remembering who they are because the contact was brief.

However...........I CAN tell you every time I had to stand in front of the Skipper during my career for Captain's Mast (yeah.......the first half of my career I wasn't the best Sailor).

I can also guarantee you that if 2 different women brought a sexual harassment suit against me, I'd know EXACTLY who they were.

I remember every time I got in trouble, because I don't want to repeat the same idiotic mistakes.

You know........you're right, there are people that I have a hard time remembering who they are because the contact was brief.

However...........I CAN tell you every time I had to stand in front of the Skipper during my career for Captain's Mast (yeah.......the first half of my career I wasn't the best Sailor).

I can also guarantee you that if 2 different women brought a sexual harassment suit against me, I'd know EXACTLY who they were.

I remember every time I got in trouble, because I don't want to repeat the same idiotic mistakes.

That is IF you knew them and knew about it. If it was somebody you had a casual encounter with and something handled by the staff or management and you had been questioned about it, denied it, and it was taken care of quietly without involving you, would you really remember those women? I have been in high management and haven't had any sexual harrassment claims, but I have been often occused of this or that by disgruntled employees and/or others in the organization, defended myself, it blew over, and life went on. Except for one Chairman of the Board who gave me a LOT of grief over an extended period, I couldn't tell you the names of any of those people who complained and wouldn't recognize them if they walked into my living room.

I couldn't tell you the name or badge number of any cop who ever gave me a ticket nor would I likely recognize them if I saw them now. I can't remember the face or the last name of a guy we sued once for failure to complete a contract and I sat in a mediation with him for three hours. I can't remember the names or faces of three people who have hit my car with theirs. When you deal with hundreds and thousands of individuals over a period of years, you just don't recall many, let alone most of them unless there was been a fairly close relationship over a period of time.

And there have been a few times when I was asked if I had met or knew so-and-so and said no, that I would later find out we HAD met someplace. It happens.

Last edited:
Cains chances are clearly severely diminished so why do you lefties keep pilling on?

Seriously. Maybe if you spent half as much time promoting Obama as you do slandering the opposition you'd have better chances. I mean I hardly ever see pro Obama threads on here. It's always pro right or hate the right or defend the left. What's up with that?

Come to think of it I've even posted pro threads a couple of times when Obama promoted or did something I liked much to the dismay of the right.

Forum List

Back