Its time to stop supporting Cain

cain-bean.jpg

Actually he bumbled a lot and made a lot of factual mistakes. Remember the "trees cause pollution" fiasco?
Agreed Perry was not at his best. So what? I dont want a debater, I want someone with good policies and a record of achievement in the political sphere.

The trees cause pollution thing was when he was well into his Presidency. He made lots of gaffes, but he was a brilliant communicator and politician. This is about winning the nomination. I don't recall Reagan entering the race as the presumptuous favourite, then suck in the debates and drop 20 points in the polls.

Ronald W Reagan Quotes
It doesn't matter about polls. Polls do not determine the nominee. Romney, the supposed front runner has never broken 25%. That's a lot that can happen between now and Super Tues.

Perry was consistently above 25% in numerous polls in August and September. He hit 38% in an NBC poll at the end of August. Then his numbers fell off a cliff after the September debate. He has averaged 13% thus far in October.

The trees cause pollution thing was when he was well into his Presidency. He made lots of gaffes, but he was a brilliant communicator and politician. This is about winning the nomination. I don't recall Reagan entering the race as the presumptuous favourite, then suck in the debates and drop 20 points in the polls.

Ronald W Reagan Quotes
It doesn't matter about polls. Polls do not determine the nominee. Romney, the supposed front runner has never broken 25%. That's a lot that can happen between now and Super Tues.

Perry was consistently above 25% in numerous polls in August and September. He hit 38% in an NBC poll at the end of August. Then his numbers fell off a cliff after the September debate. He has averaged 13% thus far in October.

Romney has maintained ~25% the whole time
Cain is still up above romeny and now NEWT is in the top 3

Let me check.....that was saturday :lol:

You could try harder. President Obama was vetted. The voters liked what they found. Enough still do.

Cain played you. Now you are lining up to be played by Newt. Neither one of them is serious about winning the nomination, let alone the Presidency.

Vetted? Yes. Well vetted? I'm not so sure.

The Obama birth certificate issue has been left alone by the major media. Where was there usual investigative journalism?

This is where those who do not want the investigation pop up and say there was no need since a copy of an original was provided. :cuckoo:

The media had simply assumed, (because they favored his candidacy imo) that President Obama, with a history of being moved from country to country under different names, is a legitimate U.S. citizen.

Some say that the birth certificate could be a fraud since it is a copy. But it was never an issue for the major media. :doubt:

They would rather examine photos of Bristol Palin dancing.

Obama was vetted with kid gloves imo but yes, he was vetted. All are.

Obama produced his birth certificate before the election. This birfer nonsense is utterly bizarre and was rightly ignored by the media.

Yes, finally he produced. Long after being elected. I'm talking about vetting. :)

April 27, 2011

The White House has released a long-form birth certificate, saying the document is “proof positive” that Obama was born in Hawaii.

April 27, 2011?

Kid gloves imo...

Edit:

I am not a birther. I believe he is a US citizen, but I would have liked to have seen this before the election.

Still,....

Kid gloves imo.

Last edited:
Ronald W Reagan Quotes

Its all bullshit. All the polls are BS. They are meaningless at this point. We'll see after the first 2-3 primaries.

Its all bullshit. All the polls are BS. They are meaningless at this point. We'll see after the first 2-3 primaries.
Indeed...a moving target they are. All designed to influence the mindless that don't do thier homework as any good citizen should.

Here's the problem and why EVERYTHING you see on television or hear on the radio needs to be put into context and fact checked.

Remember all those Obama gaffes and missteps? You probably don't so let's refresh the memories here:

1. His interview with George Stephanopolous in which he said that "It is absolutely true that John McCain has not mentioned my Muslim faith." Stephanopolous immediately prompted him to correct "Muslim faith" and repeat it as "My Christian faith." That is pretty much the only play that clip got except for the Youtube captures. None of the mainstream media bothered with it after that first day.

Do you think they would let it slide by with Sarah Palin? Or Hermain Cain? Nope, we would be hearing about it and seeing it repeated for days and days and days--out of context.

2. During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," President Obama causes a stir by making an off-hand joke comparing his bowling prowess to the Special Olympics.
If that had been Palin or Cain, it would have been brought up again and again for weeks to demonstrate their insensitivity. With Obama it got one night's coverage.

3. In his first press conference after being elected, Obama says he already spoke with all the living presidents, and then clarifies that by adding, "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."
The MSM laughed. If it had been Palin or Cain, it would have been oft repeated as what they really said for real.

4. While campaigning in Ohio, Joe Biden says that "J-O-B-S" is a three-letter word. One mention in the MSM. If it was Palin or Cain, you would have seen it again and again and again to illustrate what idiots they are.

5. When Obama bumped his head on the helicopter when he turned to wave to the crowd – one night coverage compared to President Bush attempting to exit stage left via a locked door played again and again and again

6. Obama rewrote WWII history such that the allies liberated Auschwitz and claimed that his uncle was in the American brigade that helped to liberate Auschwitz.
Auschwitz of course is in Poland. It was liberated by the Red Army on Jan 27 1945.

Did you see that in the mainstream media? I thought not since it was barely mentioned. Had it been Bush or Palin or Cain, however, you would have seen it emblazoned in headlines and leading evening newscasts to illustrate how clueless (and dishonest) they were.

7. Obama got a pass from the MSM when he criticized the Bush administration for not removing Arabic translators from Iraq and sending them to Afghanistan (where no Arabic is spoken.) Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a pass?

8. The Saddleback interview: “Rick Warren: ...Now, let's deal with abortion; 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. As a pastor, I have to deal with this all of the time, all of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. Forty million abortions, at what point does a baby get human rights, in your view?"

Barack Obama: "Well, you know, I think that whether you're looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

One day's coverage by the MSM. With Bush or Cain or Palin, such a statement would have been blown up to monumental proportions.

9. "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." Forgiven by the MSM. Had any of the others said anything similar about any race they would have been branded racist.

10. "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." Forgiven on the strength of he was 'tired' in the MSM. Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a break that they were 'tired'?

These are just some of hundreds of examples we could use over the last four or five years. The MSM blows off the gaffes and misstatements and contradictions made by THEIR team and give it brief and cursory coverage if they cover it at all. Often they don't even mention it until it shows up on the internet and then they have to at least mention it to avoid being seen as 'biased' or 'partisan'.

It is time we on the right stop being passive gullible idiots and start being proactive in defending our own when they are unfairly attacked, represented, or lied about or taken out of context to make people believe their statements are much more questionable than they actually are.

Last edited:
Okay, Fox. Media types are liberal. You can't play the game and complain about the rules or the home field advantage.

Absolutely, if Obama got caught clubbing baby seals on the South Lawn of the White House, the national media would villify the seals.

baby-seal.jpg

"Stop me before I kill again!"

If Cain can't make his case above what the media is going to say about him, he's not ready for the job.

Because, honestly. Reagan was able to. The media was dead set against him, but he got his message out by going around them.

Vetted? Yes. Well vetted? I'm not so sure.

The Obama birth certificate issue has been left alone by the major media. Where was there usual investigative journalism?

This is where those who do not want the investigation pop up and say there was no need since a copy of an original was provided. :cuckoo:

The media had simply assumed, (because they favored his candidacy imo) that President Obama, with a history of being moved from country to country under different names, is a legitimate U.S. citizen.

Some say that the birth certificate could be a fraud since it is a copy. But it was never an issue for the major media. :doubt:

They would rather examine photos of Bristol Palin dancing.

Obama was vetted with kid gloves imo but yes, he was vetted. All are.

Obama produced his birth certificate before the election. This birfer nonsense is utterly bizarre and was rightly ignored by the media.

Yes, finally he produced. Long after being elected. I'm talking about vetting. :)

certificate.jpg

April 27, 2011

The White House has released a long-form birth certificate, saying the document is “proof positive” that Obama was born in Hawaii.

April 27, 2011?

Kid gloves imo...

Edit:

I am not a birther. I believe he is a US citizen, but I would have liked to have seen this before the election.

Still,....

Kid gloves imo.

He produced his short-form BC before the election.

FactCheck.org : Born in the U.S.A.

He didn't have to produce anything else.

This birfer shit is ridiculous, and it makes the people promoting it look like idiots. Sane Republicans know this, which is why they've distanced themselves from this nonsense.

EDIT - And the same goes for the birfer's nonsense on Rubio as well.

Last edited:
Ronald W Reagan Quotes

Yeah, I read Rabbi's post wrong.

Romney has consistently been around 25% while various candidates have yo-yo'd around him as the conservative base desperately looks for somebody - anybody - as a viable candidate.

McCain was once polling at 4% in the polls, if I recall correctly, so anything can happen. But time is running out to find the Anybody But Romney candidate. Intrade has him at 67% odds to win the nomination.

FTR, Perry is now fifth in Iowa, polling single digits and behind Paul, Gingrich and Bachmann.

certificate.jpg

April 27, 2011?

Kid gloves imo...

Edit:

Still,....

Kid gloves imo.

He produced his short-form BC before the election.

FactCheck.org : Born in the U.S.A.

He didn't have to produce anything else.

This birfer shit is ridiculous, and it makes the people promoting it look like idiots. Sane Republicans know this, which is why they've distanced themselves from this nonsense.

EDIT - And the same goes for the birfer's nonsense on Rubio as well.

Obama-birth-certificate-short-form.jpg

I disagree that a copy of the short form was enough. Not for me. I wanted to see the long original which he finally showed.

Why do you think they said "Proof Postive" Toro?

Because they knew the short form was not proof postive and the media should have investigated and produced the long form.

Kid gloves imo.

Okay, Fox. Media types are liberal. You can't play the game and complain about the rules or the home field advantage.

Absolutely, if Obama got caught clubbing baby seals on the South Lawn of the White House, the national media would villify the seals.

baby-seal.jpg

If Cain can't make his case above what the media is going to say about him, he's not ready for the job.

Because, honestly. Reagan was able to. The media was dead set against him, but he got his message out by going around them.

We had a very different media in the 1980's than wse have now. I know because I was part of it.

baby-seal.jpg

We had a very different media in the 1980's than we have now.
I know because I was part of it.

Indeed.

I disagree that a copy of the short form was enough. Not for me. I wanted to see the long original which he finally showed.

Why do you think they said "Proof Postive" Toro?

Because they knew the short form was not proof postive and the media should have investigated and produced the long form.

Kid gloves imo.

Ugh!

He didn't have to show his long form birth certificate. Under state laws, his COLB was sufficient. The fact that the nutter wing of the Republican party went Full Retard doesn't obviate this. He was born in Hawaii. End of story.

This issue makes Republicans look like idiots. The more we are talking about this, the more Obama is winning.

Here's the problem and why EVERYTHING you see on television or hear on the radio needs to be put into context and fact checked.

Remember all those Obama gaffes and missteps? You probably don't so let's refresh the memories here:

1. His interview with George Stephanopolous in which he said that "It is absolutely true that John McCain has not mentioned my Muslim faith." Stephanopolous immediately prompted him to correct "Muslim faith" and repeat it as "My Christian faith." That is pretty much the only play that clip got except for the Youtube captures. None of the mainstream media bothered with it after that first day.

Do you think they would let it slide by with Sarah Palin? Or Hermain Cain? Nope, we would be hearing about it and seeing it repeated for days and days and days--out of context.

2. During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," President Obama causes a stir by making an off-hand joke comparing his bowling prowess to the Special Olympics.
If that had been Palin or Cain, it would have been brought up again and again for weeks to demonstrate their insensitivity. With Obama it got one night's coverage.

3. In his first press conference after being elected, Obama says he already spoke with all the living presidents, and then clarifies that by adding, "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."
The MSM laughed. If it had been Palin or Cain, it would have been oft repeated as what they really said for real.

4. While campaigning in Ohio, Joe Biden says that "J-O-B-S" is a three-letter word. One mention in the MSM. If it was Palin or Cain, you would have seen it again and again and again to illustrate what idiots they are.

5. When Obama bumped his head on the helicopter when he turned to wave to the crowd – one night coverage compared to President Bush attempting to exit stage left via a locked door played again and again and again

6. Obama rewrote WWII history such that the allies liberated Auschwitz and claimed that his uncle was in the American brigade that helped to liberate Auschwitz.
Auschwitz of course is in Poland. It was liberated by the Red Army on Jan 27 1945.

Did you see that in the mainstream media? I thought not since it was barely mentioned. Had it been Bush or Palin or Cain, however, you would have seen it emblazoned in headlines and leading evening newscasts to illustrate how clueless (and dishonest) they were.

7. Obama got a pass from the MSM when he criticized the Bush administration for not removing Arabic translators from Iraq and sending them to Afghanistan (where no Arabic is spoken.) Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a pass?

8. The Saddleback interview: “Rick Warren: ...Now, let's deal with abortion; 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. As a pastor, I have to deal with this all of the time, all of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. Forty million abortions, at what point does a baby get human rights, in your view?"

Barack Obama: "Well, you know, I think that whether you're looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

One day's coverage by the MSM. With Bush or Cain or Palin, such a statement would have been blown up to monumental proportions.

9. "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." Forgiven by the MSM. Had any of the others said anything similar about any race they would have been branded racist.

10. "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." Forgiven on the strength of he was 'tired' in the MSM. Do you think Palin or Cain would have been given a break that they were 'tired'?

These are just some of hundreds of examples we could use over the last four or five years. The MSM blows off the gaffes and misstatements and contradictions made by THEIR team and give it brief and cursory coverage if they cover it at all. Often they don't even mention it until it shows up on the internet and then they have to at least mention it to avoid being seen as 'biased' or 'partisan'.

It is time we on the right stop being passive gullible idiots and start being proactive in defending our own when they are unfairly attacked, represented, or lied about or taken out of context to make people believe their statements are much more questionable than they actually are.

Is this not about the media either Toro?

Read my posts. They are about the media not being responsible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back