Its time to stop supporting Cain

You brought up a point I never considered about buying used and what it could do to the new market. That could very well be true. As far as his tax plan hurting the economy I'm not sure what to think. Unfortunately this country only takes bold steps when things are bad. If we don't try to fix our tax code now I'm afraid we never will. And for the record I don't care if taxes are raised "slightly" as long as it is done for the purposes of making the tax code fair for all. No more free rides.

That's exactly why I am for a flat tax, 10% on everyone, if you make a dollar you pay 10 cents, if you make a 100 you pay 10 dollars. What's simpler than that?

I personally like Cain and some of his ideas but it is clear that he is not only out of his league but his flip flops are epic in size.

He appears to really lack the principles that we need in our president. On no less than 3 issues he has changed his position at least twice. And two of those he changed his position 3 times in the same day. One or two changes over a long period could be overlooked. Fact is he tries to excuse his change of position by blaming it on "joking". A sense of humor is great but we got serious problems and we need a serious candidate.

Then their is the whole experience thing. I was willing to overlook a lack of govt experience for a sound economicly minded potus but.... The lack of experience is glaringly obvious when he can't seem to hold a position solid.

Which leads me to my final reason. Seemingly he has no core convictions worthy of standing up for. To change ones position so many times is a perfect example of not having a good set of core principles.

He is clearly different than Obama as far as govt intrusion goes but he is much to similar to him in the area of caving in. Compromise is one thing but abandoning your principles is unacceptable for me.

Please explain what his "epic flip flops" are.

I've seen what "govt experience" has given us in the past, and I'm not so sure I want somebody with a history of "govt experience" piloting this ship. Let him get a first mate (VP) with the experience (govt) to help him navigate the waters.

Personally, I think the current tax code is completely screwed up. Mr Cain seems to be the only candidate willing to rip up the tax code and replace it with something brand new. His solution may not be the best answer, but then, what we've got is not working and adding minor tweaks to it will not fix the problem that it currently is.

You brought up a point I never considered about buying used and what it could do to the new market. That could very well be true. As far as his tax plan hurting the economy I'm not sure what to think. Unfortunately this country only takes bold steps when things are bad. If we don't try to fix our tax code now I'm afraid we never will. And for the record I don't care if taxes are raised "slightly" as long as it is done for the purposes of making the tax code fair for all. No more free rides.

That's exactly why I am for a flat tax, 10% on everyone, if you make a dollar you pay 10 cents, if you make a 100 you pay 10 dollars. What's simpler than that?

Flat, simple, fair.
I like 9% better than 10%.

I personally like Cain and some of his ideas but it is clear that he is not only out of his league but his flip flops are epic in size.

He appears to really lack the principles that we need in our president. On no less than 3 issues he has changed his position at least twice. And two of those he changed his position 3 times in the same day. One or two changes over a long period could be overlooked. Fact is he tries to excuse his change of position by blaming it on "joking". A sense of humor is great but we got serious problems and we need a serious candidate.

Then their is the whole experience thing. I was willing to overlook a lack of govt experience for a sound economicly minded potus but.... The lack of experience is glaringly obvious when he can't seem to hold a position solid.

Which leads me to my final reason. Seemingly he has no core convictions worthy of standing up for. To change ones position so many times is a perfect example of not having a good set of core principles.

He is clearly different than Obama as far as govt intrusion goes but he is much to similar to him in the area of caving in. Compromise is one thing but abandoning your principles is unacceptable for me.

I totally agree that we need to overhaul our current tax system, I just don't think 9-9-9 is the right system- we would be giving the Federal government another avenue to reach into our wallets. As far as the flip-flops- some are accusing him of flipping on his position on abortion, (Santorim) to be specific has. Of course, I do not like Santorim at all, he has become the attack dog of the Republican party, he is one angry man and I just can't stomach him. He is last in the polls and I just wish he would drop out. Then when he answered a question on releasing prisoners from Git-mo should a terrorist get a hold of one of our citizens, he said he would consider that, then said he mis-spoke- which I believe him, that he would never negotiate with terrorists. Those are two examples and they have news articles on them- just google them.

Flat, simple, fair.
I like 9% better than 10%.

I like 9% too, maybe we could do 5%.:lol:

I've seen what "govt experience" has given us in the past, and I'm not so sure I want somebody with a history of "govt experience" piloting this ship. Let him get a first mate (VP) with the experience (govt) to help him navigate the waters.

Personally, I think the current tax code is completely screwed up. Mr Cain seems to be the only candidate willing to rip up the tax code and replace it with something brand new. His solution may not be the best answer, but then, what we've got is not working and adding minor tweaks to it will not fix the problem that it currently is.

4 instances.

Border fence

First position. Electrified with warning signs.
Second position. I was only joking.
Third position. I stand behind my first position.

9-9-9

First position. If you disagree your wrong.
Second position. Okay maybe exceptions for inner cities.
Third position. If you still disagree your math is wrong.
Fourth position. I haven't released all the details so stop complaining. (code for I gotta change it again please wait)

Negotiating with terrorists.

First position just before a debate. I would consider trading all gitmo prisoners for a US soldier.
Second position during debate. I would listen to my advisors.
Third position post debate interview. No way I would negotiate with terrorists.

Abortion.

First position. It's up to the family.
Second position. It's illegal.
Third position. It's up to the family.

He muddled the whole abortion thing so bad I honestly have no idea what he really believes and what he thinks the law should be.

On a side note social issues take a back burner for me.

Cain is doing what Palin did, only he's actually running.

Nope, he's hoping to increase his brand so he can sell more books and speeches.

This ought to be a good demonstration that the press manipulates poll numbers to make the race exciting and sell newspapers. Remember when Michelle Bachmann was the front runner? I didnt believe that either. It is manufactured news, and idiots eat it up.
Cain was never in the running because he lacks a decent political organization, as well as political instincts. None of that is his fault, he isn't a politician. But I said at the get-go that if Obama has taught us anything experience matters.
This race is between Perry and Romney. It pits the old Big Government GOP of Nixon and Rockefeller against the small gov't GOP of Goldwater and Reagan. It is the northeast against the south and midwest.
Romney is a big government guy. He really believes gov't can craft a solution to any problem as long as it has enough resources.
Perry believes gov't is largely the problem on the federal level and gov't closer to the people is the answer.
A Perry-Romney match-up would get boring to report on day after day. So watch for more stories about "surges" in polling for Gingrich, Paul, and Santorum.

I believe it's been said that the Flat Tax would need to be about 13% to match what we get from the current income tax code.

Cain may be miserably lacking in some areas, but is still more desirable than any of the other Republican candidates. He still has more business savvy and is more of a leader than Barack Obama will ever be. He is more qualified to be our President than Barack Obama will ever be. His shortcomings in foreign policy could easily be transformed by the appointment of qualified advisers, much the same as happens in the business world today. CEOs generally surround themselves with competent advisers in all facets of management. They do not necessarily "know it all"!

You would have to be less than honest to say that Barack Hussein Obama had any foreign policy experience when he was given the office. He does have Hillary as Secretary of State. His only dabbling in foreign affairs has been to go around the globe bowing down and apologizing for the US. He is a miserable failure. Cain would not be.

The fact that he came up with a workable tax plan at all is more than anyone can say for Obama. Obama has come up with NOTHING BUT SPENDING PLANS and more taxes for the rich to pay for them....and they won't work.

Last edited:
Wow, that was fast. Easy come, easy go in the search for the latest "Not Romney" GOP candidate who is actually a conservative.

So what are our choices, then?

Romney? Again, I think that he's been at this for five years now, and he's never exceeded the 25% of GOP voters he had 4 years ago. He a virtual garuntee a third party will form.

Perry- Formidable fundraiser, has actual experience in governance. But it really looks like he decided to do this on a lark and doesn't have the oragnization yet.

Gingrich- Smarter than the rest of them combined, but more personal baggage than anyone would want to deal with.

Ron Paul- Nuts.

Michelle Bachmann- Crazy. And broke.

John Huntsman. - Dude, I think you are in the wrong party. Besides, he's broke.

Santorum- No, seriously?

I still think this fight for the soul of the Republican Party is going to come down to Romney and Perry, at the end of the day. Polls aside, I think Perry would have the better chance of beating Obama.

Accurate analysis.

Romney will indeed be the nominee. The problem is a lot of republicans aren’t excited about Romney – be it his faith, lack of ‘conservative credentials,’ or the man himself. And that means a lot of independents, moderates, and weak (Reagan) democrats won’t be interested either; which is why Obama is re-elected.

Wrong on both, unless you can in any way prove it. I already know you can’t prove your comments about Newt and you will deflect if anything.

I like Newt but he is not "smarter" than Paul, how do you measure that, what is your system? At this point I'd vote for Newt over everyone but Paul and if anyone else won If do a write in or sit it out.

What positions do you not like about Paul, be extremely specific. I await your deflection

It really makes no difference and really doesn’t matter – neither will be the nominee.

I'm getting off the Cain Train. We still have time though.

Why is everyone abandoning him now? I do not understand it.
Everyone is not. Only those that expect perfection. Because they are unrealistically expecting perfection from the gitgo. All politicians misspeak now and then...all seem to flip-flop now and then, especially when the media misunderstands the first stance, or the original question was misunderstood.

I at this point am ready to vote for the ham sandwich. But if the repubs nominate another big government liberal. why bother at all?

Everyone is not. Only those that expect perfection. Because they are unrealistically expecting perfection from the gitgo. All politicians misspeak now and then...all seem to flip-flop now and then, especially when the media misunderstands the first stance, or the original question was misunderstood.

I fail to see how me expecting our nominee to have positions that he is solid on is expecting perfection. As to your assertion that every politician flip flops from time to time you are right. Of course the don't flip flop as many as 3 times in 3 hours. I watched everyone of those flip flops. He understood the questions just fine. And if he didn't maybe I should run for president because I certainly understood them.

Negotiating with terrorists. Abortion. These are issues you can not be confused about if you want to be taken seriously. We all have opinions on these topics and our opinions most likely don't change depending on who is asking or who is listening. I want my president to know certain things without having to rely on "advisors" for every issue.

We need someone to govern from conviction not the direction of the wind.

Or people that want a President that stands for more than a single issue and flip flops and lies about that single issue.

He's a political novice. That's pretty obvious. I like the guy, but he doesn't appear to be ready to President.

Most people say they don't like career politicians, but they rarely vote for those who aren't. And that's because politics, like anything, is a craft. And if you're not good at it, people will generally not support you.

4 instances.

Border fence

9-9-9

Fourth position. I haven't released all the details so stop complaining. (code for I gotta change it again please wait)

First position just before a debate. I would consider trading all gitmo prisoners for a US soldier.

Abortion.

He muddled the whole abortion thing so bad I honestly have no idea what he really believes and what he thinks the law should be.

It sure sounds bad when you put the MSM twist on it that he's not perfect or at least predominately liberal.

4 instances.

Border fence

9-9-9

Abortion.

It sure sounds bad when you put the MSM twist on it that he's not perfect or at least predominately liberal.

I assure you this isn't twisted. I watch him say these things myself on live tv.

Like him or not, Paul is the only candidate you'll ever have that doesn't flip flop positions to pander for votes.

You're going to have to accept someone who is fake in one way or another if you're not willing to at least consider Paul.

Forum List

Back