I'ts Official: US To Bomb Syria

MJB12741

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2012
Personally I would preferred to just let the terrorists on both sides continue to massacre each other until the dust settled & we knew who we have to deal with to end the use of chemical weapons. However, it is what it is & I hope it will help save the innocent Syrian children. And may they see their enemy is not the USA &/Israel, but their own people.

Personally I would preferred to just let the terrorists on both sides continue to massacre each other until the dust settled & we knew who we have to deal with to end the use of chemical weapons. However, it is what it is & I hope it will help save the innocent Syrian children. And may they see their enemy is not the USA &/Israel, but their own people.

it was a change of pace to see code pinks bloody hands standing out

behind kerrys head all afternoon

I am sorry for the ignorancy, but if you don't mind me asking, what does the Senate vote mean? because they say that they vote about it next week? or did they already?

What are the chances of the Congress agreeing? and what happenes if they dont?

Just interested.

I am sorry for the ignorancy, but if you don't mind me asking, what does the Senate vote mean? because they say that they vote about it next week? or did they already?

Just interested.

The senate Foreign Relations panel of 17 senators voted in favor of a resolution to attack Syria yesterday. The resolution will now move on to the full senate for a vote next week which will likely pass since democrats control the senate. Congress will vote on their own resolution which may or may not pass. If one house approves, they will use that as a go ahead. If neither house approves, they will go ahead anyway, saying they have the authority as our national interest is at stake. [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]

Once again I say - the best policy in the Middle East is containment.
No military invasions, bombs - anything no matter what happens within their borders.
All you will accomplish by military actions in this region is to spread their madness to here.

I'm so disgusted on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

Thinking about finding a caribou to wear and vacationing in Russia for awhile.

On the plus side, it does give our guys some live fire practice. Does syria have an air force left? I'm sure some air force pilots and naval aviators are chomping at the bit for some actual air to air kills.

Just interested.

The senate Foreign Relations panel of 17 senators voted in favor of a resolution to attack Syria yesterday. The resolution will now move on to the full senate for a vote next week which will likely pass since democrats control the senate. Congress will vote on their own resolution which may or may not pass. If one house approves, they will use that as a go ahead. If neither house approves, they will go ahead anyway, saying they have the authority as our national interest is at stake. [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]

Thanks.

But that's also very silly.

Taking to mind the senate agrees, ok, but if the Congress doesn't agree, it can be seen as "The people's rejecting the idea of Syria attack".

So if they don't agree, and Obama decides on attacking anyway, so what's the point of attacking if the congress and the people are against that?

I don't see what's the big idea.

Positive that Obama will give the order to attack in Syria?:confused:

On the plus side, it does give our guys some live fire practice. Does syria have an air force left? I'm sure some air force pilots and naval aviators are chomping at the bit for some actual air to air kills.

If the Syrian soldiers feel they're pushed against the wall, they'll kill themselves on your troops.

Which is something you need to get. this isn't Kansas, this neiborhood is brutal.

That asshole is going to do whatever he wants.

Obama asserts right to strike Syria without congressional approval

President Obama stated that “as a commander in chief” he has the right to order a military strike against Syria without congressional approval. However, he said that Capitol Hill support would strengthen the response to the alleged chemical attack.

One doesn't need to be an expert in military tactics to comprehend how badly this administration has screwed up. The Syrians aren't idiots. They know it's coming and where. I saw this morning where they are moving troops and equipment out of areas where we will strike and civilians are moving en masse into these areas "volunteering" to be human shields. Mark my words, you will see pictures of hundreds of dead civilians and "baby milk factories". The Syrians will themselves blow up civilian areas and blame it on the evil Americans. This is what you get when you put non serving amateurs in charge of national security.

President Obama stated that “as a commander in chief” he has the right to order a military strike against Syria without congressional approval. However, he said that Capitol Hill support would strengthen the response to the alleged chemical attack.

Presidents have been ordering missile attacks for decades without congressional approval

Presidents have been ordering missile attacks for decades without congressional approval

It's time for that bullshit to stop. This isn't a fucking monarchy.

Then our only recourse is to turn Capital Hill upside down and replace every member that won't amend our current War Powers Act.
Problem is, regardless of how low their approval ratings are, everyone thinks THEIR congress critter is ok-fine. And we will continue to be stuck with the elitists that consider their selves above it all

Then our only recourse is to turn Capital Hill upside down and replace every member that won't amend our current War Powers Act.
Problem is, regardless of how low their approval ratings are, everyone thinks THEIR congress critter is ok-fine. And we will continue to be stuck with the elitists that consider their selves above it all

Then so be it.

Bt what right can "we the people" blame our representatives in congress for anything when "we the people" voted them in congress?

Uh. The House hasn't voted yet, bub.

Forum List

Back