It's Official: Life begins at conception

It would equate about as much as saying you created a character on World of Warcraft and that is like conception and birth

The creation story is God creating Adam from the dust of the ground... far from the conception and birth process of all subsequent generations of people... so the 'breath of life' that is referenced does not really equate to the first breath outside of the womb
I disagree. Christianity teaches that the unborn don't have souls. No soul, no life.

And I staunchly disagree
Well, would you agree,.... No soul, No personhood?

agree! a new human life, begins at conception...conception is the first stage of a new life, human or creature....it is ''the beginning''...

and they(human life vs the soul) are 2 separate things being debated imo

Yes that's on my to do list for the next life. :) Find out things like whether the soul already exists and, if so, at what point is it assigned to a person? And how is it decided which person will get a specific soul? Or is a new soul created with each conception? Or somewhere along the way of development?

All interesting and matters of curiosity to me. But since we don't know, I choose to respect the sanctity all human life regardless of its stage of development.
Actually that is probably the longest standing debate in the history of philosophy.

Does Essence/Soul beget existence - Metaphysics, or does existence beget Essence/Soul - Existentialism?

Also, conception does not MEAN pregnancy, and it takes a couple of days for the woman to become pregnant after the conception for the fertilized egg to attach to the uterus or fallopian tubes with an ectopic pregnancy ...and from what i believe I have read is that more than 50% of fertilized eggs do not make it to the pregnancy stage....so the new human being was already conceived but naturally aborted, so to say? Wonder how that fits in?

If that's what the body does, then so be it.

That is completely different from willfully aborting.

With the abortion issue, people simply look at it as murder. A conceived egg that naturally aborts before reaching the uterus is not murder.

I've never understood it, but leftists just have the damnedest time seeing the difference between "people die on their own" and "it's okay to kill them".

Some of these things are tough for the most staunch pro lifers though. Some religious groups have regarded the egg or the sperm alone as 'half a life' and therefore to be held sacrosanct and not 'wasted'. And for those of us who don't quite agree with that 100%, still know that the fertilized egg contains everything necessary for the development of a living, breathing, functioning human being, It is first stage of human life. Yet it is a human life that has no chance to develop unless it attaches correctly to the uterine wall. Is it wrong to intentionally prevent it from doing that? This is honestly a moral dilemma for many.

And what then to do with the unused fertilized eggs in invitro fertilization? Or frozen embryos that will never be implanted in a woman's womb? Must these be held forever and ever? Or at some point can we not ethically dispose of them?

If a woman become pregnant with many babies and has almost no chance of carrying them all to full term, is it okay to abort some so the others can live?

And there is always the issue of rape and incest and who among us is morally qualified to make a decision for a woman facing a pregnancy resulting from that?

And going back to the questions without answers involving the soul, I simply think none of us is qualified to make the final decision in every case for anyone but ourselves. What I want is for us to develop some reasonable common sense guidelines that almost certainly won't be completely satisfactory for all, but that we can all agree on and live with.

OK, everyone change your birthday to 9 months earlier.

Missouri says so.

Life was already defined, by Statute, as beginning at conception in the State of Missouri, prior to the passage of this one. It goes back to at least the early 1990s.

Missouri says so.

What part of the word "BIRTHday" is complicated for you, twit? It's the day of your BIRTH. And Missouri didn't say fuck-all about changing birthdays. That was your own, personal demented attempt at being clever, and you should never, ever try it again without a spotter.

Missouri says so.

What part of the word "BIRTHday" is complicated for you, twit? It's the day of your BIRTH. And Missouri didn't say fuck-all about changing birthdays. That was your own, personal demented attempt at being clever, and you should never, ever try it again without a spotter.

Wow, so hostile.

This issue must really push your buttons.

OK so explain the point of a birthday if it's not the first day of your life?

If the first day of your life is conception, why don't we have a celebration for that instead? Why are you so mad about a suggestion that we change the first day of your life's celebration?

Also, conception does not MEAN pregnancy, and it takes a couple of days for the woman to become pregnant after the conception for the fertilized egg to attach to the uterus or fallopian tubes with an ectopic pregnancy ...and from what i believe I have read is that more than 50% of fertilized eggs do not make it to the pregnancy stage....so the new human being was already conceived but naturally aborted, so to say? Wonder how that fits in?

With the abortion issue, people simply look at it as murder. A conceived egg that naturally aborts before reaching the uterus is not murder.

I've never understood it, but leftists just have the damnedest time seeing the difference between "people die on their own" and "it's okay to kill them".

A miscarriage is a person?

Missouri says so.

Wow, so hostile.

If the first day of your life is conception, why don't we have a celebration for that instead? Why are you so mad about a suggestion that we change the first day of your life's celebration?

Pssst, it's not a lifeday, it's a birthday. It celebrates the day you were expelled from your mother's uterus. Cause for celebration as she was sick of you being in there.

Missouri says so.

Wow, so hostile.

Gee, murdering helpless babies in the womb. Can't imagine what would make ANYONE passionate about THAT. :rolleyes:

Um, it's the day of your birth, which is why it's called a "BIRTHday". How much point did you actually NEED?

We don't have a celebration for the day of conception, Brain Trust, because it's not always easy to know which day that was. Sure, for a baby who's carried full-term, you could count back, but what about preemies? The day you're BORN, however, is easily noticeable.

And not everyone celebrates birthdays, nor is it necessarily "celebrating the first day of life". Personally, I view it as simply a celebration of one's life in general.

As for why your suggestion annoys me, it's because I'm moderately allergic to stupidity, and you're giving me hives.

A miscarriage is a person?

No, a miscarriage is an event. The embryo/fetus to whom the event happens is a person.

You are free to believe what you will, but at the moment of conception that product is a unique separate individual that never existed before and never will again (unless of course you believe in reincarnation). Call it what you will abortion is the killing of innocents. If life is not sacred, what is? Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave

Who then bears the responsibility for the times that the fetus is still born or miscarried? God?

I'm sure those who oppose Sharia Law in the Mosque threads will be by soon enough to tell us how a state making laws based on Christian religious beliefs is wrong.

Who says it is a Christian belief only? I am betting that Muslims oppose abortion also and that they believe life begins at conception. Probably religious Jews as well.

Only the non religious can claim taking a human life via abortion is anything but what it is. State sanctioned murder.

You are free to believe what you will, but at the moment of conception that product is a unique separate individual that never existed before and never will again (unless of course you believe in reincarnation). Call it what you will abortion is the killing of innocents. If life is not sacred, what is? Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave

Who then bears the responsibility for the times that the fetus is still born or miscarried? God?

No one. If Nature kills it through no direct effort by the mother or anyone else to kill it, it is simply the way things are. Attribute it to what ever God you believe in.

Apparently the pro-abortion crowd can't win the argument about when life begins, now they want to make the issue about a when does a life get a soul.

The question isn't when does a body get a soul, but when does the soul get a body?

When your body dies, does your soul die also?

I'm looking for really hot gals..say mid 20's..to test out this theory with me.
It will be a sacrifice...but someone has to do it.

That's a huge ask, the kind of sacrifice those gals would be making.

Gals shouldn't get pregnant if they don't want to get pregnant. You do understand how that shit works right? Or shall I explain the birds and the bees to your dumbass?

Forum List

Back