It's a FELONY and They WILL Prosecute

Yeah for me my disappointment with folks who do this is not just my "family member bias", but also the reality that when you get a pet you're assuming a responsibility for their health.

The worst thing I remember seeing in some of the Katrina footage was people forced to leave pets behind because rescuers and shelters wouldn't take them. And many died because they wouldn't leave. No one should have to make those choices.

I'd sleep on the street before I abandoned my pets...

I had a chicken breast for dinner, so I really have no right to be upset about people leaving their pets tied up outside during hurricanes. :lol:

"I had a chicken breast for dinner,"

^^^^ This:

upload_2017-9-13_3-4-57.png

I don't defend abandoning an animal for any reason but it's probably better than shooting them if they can't be taken in at the shelter. I wonder if the shelters all took in animals....I believe during Katrina they didn't.

My animals would be so lost if they were abandoned. A fifteen year old aussie that was unadoptable...a 9 yr old 3 legged BC mix with cancer, a skittish, timid Akita mix...a normal terrier/bc mix...and two cats...wow I could never leave them. We are a team together.

"We are a team together."

Team-Coyote-Logo.jpg

^^^^ Aesthetically this should be airdopped into Gitmo, lime green with purple :Boom2:

I was reading recently that one of the reasons they had such a hard time getting people to evacuate during Katrina was they wouldn't leave their pets and shelters didn't allow pets! I had no idea. But there were heartrending stories of people forced to leave an animal behind especially those who are elderly or poor and have little else. NOW, apparently, they realize how much those companions mean - there are shelters designated for people with pets and they rescue pets along with people - people are no longer forced to make horrible choices.

Oh bah!

Off with their heads!

"Forgetting" to get their "outdoor dog"...I guess that shows how much they think of the poor animal who depends on them? Can't agree....

and yet if given the choice to either save your own children and spouse and abandoning your dog because the shelter wont take the pet or the rescuers wont, vrs staying and your family dying;......hmmmm, let me think about that.

Lol, no, Fido drowns.

Sounds harsh but Reality is harsh.

How does one simply "forget" their pets!? It's not like they are set of keys or an earring. I don't by that excuse for a hot minute.

Lol, no one expects you to 'by' anything, dude.

People get into a panic when rescuers arrive and tell them they have to do XYZ and stress and commotion can cause people to do stupid shit, even if the rescuers will take the pet or the shelter they are going to.

You pussy-lovers should do a few months on a real, working farm (not a holiday farmstop!), and learn a bit about the treatment given to the animals that end up on your plate.
Factory farming is a blight upon the land and a shame on our kind.

I read this article 12 years ago. It was one of the best articles I've ever read on any subject.

Fear Factories

So many great comments and so much compassion for dogs and other pets in this thread. . .

On a completely unrelated note. . .

I wonder how many abortion clinics there are in Florida.

So many great comments and so much compassion for dogs and other pets in this thread. . .

Again, why must you attempt to turn almost every thread into an abortion discussion? You're pretty much a one trick pony at this point.

Again, why must you attempt to turn almost every thread into an abortion discussion? You're pretty much a one trick pony at this point.

Because the amount of blatant hypocrisy in threads like this (even though completely unintended and I get that) is so stark and overwhelming to me. . . That I have to wonder if anyone else sees that hypocrisy / double standard too.

Would that everybody here had even half us much compassion and humanity for actual human children in the womb that they have for pets.

You may see that as me wanting to talk more and more about abortion. However, In reality, I am only pointing out the way that even the most well intended emotions can cause people to loose some perspective and loose track of the bigger picture.

That's all.

If you want to place more humanity and regard for the life on a dog in a hurricane than you do a child in the womb? Go right ahead. I'm only making an observation about it.

Last edited:
I don't defend abandoning an animal for any reason but it's probably better than shooting them if they can't be taken in at the shelter. I wonder if the shelters all took in animals....I believe during Katrina they didn't.
I a lot of shelters sent their animals to out of state rescues so they would have space.

Because the amount of blatant hypocrisy in threads like this (even though completely unintended and I get that) is so stark and overwhelming to me. . . That I have to wonder if anyone else sees that hypocrisy / double standard too.

Would that everybody here had even half us much compassion and humanity for actual human children in the womb than they have for pets.

You see that as me wanting to talk even more about abortion. In reality, I am only pointing out the way that even the most well intended emotions can cause people to loose some perspective and loose track of the bigger picture.

That's all.

If you want to place more humanity and regard for the life on a dog in a hurricane than you do a child in the womb? Go right ahead. I'm only making an observation about it.
If the people who have so much compassion for children before birth had the same compassion for children after birth then I might take your statement seriously. But since there is little evidence of that in activism and legislation from your side I'll just chalk it up as yet more hypocrisy.

Hard to believe anyone with an animal would do this. But nothing humans do surprises me anymore

Dozens of dogs abandoned, left unable to escape as Irma bears down
Look at the GOP healthcare plan. A plan to abandon 32 million Americans and grossly affect millions more. So if they do that to humans, of course they would do it to pets.

And.... the left justifies the slaughter of countless millions of aborted children year by year. . . . so how much regard do THEY have for pets?

Some did, some didn't. I heard it on the news last night. In Houston, the SPCA was able to work with some shelters to arrange a space for pets and their owners. I'm guessing they put the animals in kennels or carriers, but I'm not positive. Just imagine..the fun it sometimes is in the waiting room at the Vet. Multiply that by 500. They did it, though.

Hard to believe anyone with an animal would do this. But nothing humans do surprises me anymore

It's like the guy in Colorado out hiking with his dog and the dog got stuck on a ledge. The guy couldn't manage to get the dog off the ledge, so he just went home and left it there. By sheer luck, days later, other hikers discovered the dog near death still on the ledge. They managed to get it off the ledge. When the story made the local news, the original owner heard about it and contacted the rescuers and wanting his dog back. People who are cruel to animals are generally low IQ.
Link for both? Thanks.

Would that everybody here had even half us much compassion and humanity for actual human children in the womb than they have for pets.

You see that as me wanting to talk even more about abortion. In reality, I am only pointing out the way that even the most well intended emotions can cause people to loose some perspective and loose track of the bigger picture.

That's all.

If the people who have so much compassion for children before birth had the same compassion for children after birth then I might take your statement seriously. But since there is little evidence of that in activism and legislation from your side I'll just chalk it up as yet more hypocrisy.

You see only what you want to see. We already have laws against the abuse, neglect, molesting and all other human rights abuses of children after they are born. So, of course you don't see anyone out in protest for those things. We already have those protections and laws.

What you are doing is looking for anything and everything that you can use to justify keeping abortions legal... by pointing out where those who are against abortion on a legal and Constitutional basis aren't doing enough to impress YOU on a personal level for children who are already "born."

As an academic exercise, take away all the laws we have against abuse, neglect and molesting of children after they are born. . . and you will see all the compassion, protests etc. for those rights to be restored by the very same people fighting abortion today.

So your false comparison / dichotomy / red herring is just that.

False.

Last edited:

Look at the GOP healthcare plan. A plan to abandon 32 million Americans and grossly affect millions more. So if they do that to humans, of course they would do it to pets.

Where does it say dean that all those who abandoned their pets are Republicans? That's right it doesn't.

You are a very sad person that you must bring fucking politics into EVERYTHING you post.

Feel better now that you got this silly rant off your chest?
What is silly about it?

I find it silly when grown and otherwise intelligent adults think that someone should go to hell for forgetting to get their outdoors dog when a hurricane arrived.

I find it silly to say that people who neglect their pets should be shot, or that it is the most disgusting thing humans do. I promise you it isnt.

But there is nothing silly about my observation that people have a need to feel morally superior, especially when they know in their heart of hearts that they are in fact moral degenerates themselves.

It is a simple Truth, if you deal in such things.
I can't figure out the reasoning of having an "outside dog". With the exception of farm dogs, which aren't tied to a tree, or some such... What's the point in getting a dog, only to chain it to a tree in your yard? Fuck man... Buy a garden gnome or something...

Forum List

Back