It's a FELONY and They WILL Prosecute

Feel better now that you got this silly rant off your chest?
What is silly about it?

I find it silly when grown and otherwise intelligent adults think that someone should go to hell for forgetting to get their outdoors dog when a hurricane arrived.

I find it silly to say that people who neglect their pets should be shot, or that it is the most disgusting thing humans do. I promise you it isnt.

But there is nothing silly about my observation that people have a need to feel morally superior, especially when they know in their heart of hearts that they are in fact moral degenerates themselves.

It is a simple Truth, if you deal in such things.
I can't figure out the reasoning of having an "outside dog". With the exception of farm dogs, which aren't tied to a tree, or some such... What's the point in getting a dog, only to chain it to a tree in your yard? Fuck man... Buy a garden gnome or something...

I grew up with dogs in the yard and on chains. Had one later in life on a chain too. It wasn't because I wanted to. But even with a good fence, it was near impossible to keep that sucker in the yard.

Our dogs were not just stuck on a chain and forgotten about, though. We interacted with them quite a bit. Even brought them into the house when the weather was severe.

What is silly about it?

I find it silly when grown and otherwise intelligent adults think that someone should go to hell for forgetting to get their outdoors dog when a hurricane arrived.

I find it silly to say that people who neglect their pets should be shot, or that it is the most disgusting thing humans do. I promise you it isnt.

But there is nothing silly about my observation that people have a need to feel morally superior, especially when they know in their heart of hearts that they are in fact moral degenerates themselves.

I can't figure out the reasoning of having an "outside dog". With the exception of farm dogs, which aren't tied to a tree, or some such... What's the point in getting a dog, only to chain it to a tree in your yard? Fuck man... Buy a garden gnome or something...

I grew up with dogs in the yard and on chains. Had one later in life on a chain too. It wasn't because I wanted to. But even with a good fence, it was near impossible to keep that sucker in the yard.

Our dogs were not just stuck on a chain and forgotten about, though. We interacted with them quite a bit. Even brought them into the house when the weather was severe.
I don't get it... My dog has a rope that I put him on to let him out to go to the bathroom, or lay in the sun; but when he's ready to come back in, he comes right back to the door. So aside from sunbathing and doing his business... My dog is never more than 5 feet from me when I'm home. Including when I sleep. When I'm gone to work, or shopping; hesguarding the house. From inside. I've never had a fear that someone would be so bent on stealing my tree, that I tied a dog to it...

Well I plan to have a well trained Pit Bull watching my yard when I retire. My wife and I will live in the country, waaaaay out in the rural areas where black bear and deer roam, and the dogs job is to keep the damned things out.

The dog will have a shelter rivaling a shed and plenty of health care, love and attention.

But the bear are not welcome and someone has to be able to make that point while I am asleep or away on vacation.

I don't get it... My dog has a rope that I put him on to let him out to go to the bathroom, or lay in the sun; but when he's ready to come back in, he comes right back to the door. So aside from sunbathing and doing his business... My dog is never more than 5 feet from me when I'm home. Including when I sleep. When I'm gone to work, or shopping; hesguarding the house. From inside. I've never had a fear that someone would be so bent on stealing my tree, that I tied a dog to it...
Dogs are the best alarm system that we have.

But you have to recognize that some people have different needs and uses for dogs than you have, right?

Just ask Mike Vick.

What is silly about it?

There are probably as many reasons as there are people and pets. We started out by just trying to keep the dogs in the yard with a fence. But, when they get out and the neighbors complain or worse yet, if they bite someone.. .You do what you gotta do. In all of our cases, they were stray dogs to begin with.

Last edited:
Well I plan to have a well trained Pit Bull watching my yard when I retire. My wife and I will live in the country, waaaaay out in the rural areas where black bear and deer roam, and the dogs job is to keep the damned things out.

The dog will have a shelter rivaling a shed and plenty of health care, love and attention.

But the bear are not welcome and someone has to be able to make that point while I am asleep or away on vacation.

Same reason to have em in the inner city. Only, it's to keep thugs and druggies out more than bears. Our garage was broken into more times than I can remember. Until we finally made the garage part of the dog's reach, that is. :)

Florida: Anyone who abandoned their pets when fleeing Hurricane Irma May Face Felony Charges

44311EE300000578-0-image-a-6_1505221165340.jpg

The greatest news item I’ve read in days. People take animals into their homes and make them dependent upon them for survival. Those people have the same responsibility to those pets as their own children. To leave them behind to face the ravages of nature is cruel and should be met with severe penalties.

Authorities say that most of the animals they’ve rescued from the flood waters have been caged in pens and tied to poles, likely so their owners would be able to find them when they got back. In the days before the storm hit, Palm Beach Animal Care and Control was forced to rescue 49 dogs that were left outside to fend for themselves.

This is a prime example of animal cruelty.” said Palm Beach County state prosecutor Dave Aronberg said, before adding “We will find you, and we will prosecute you.”

How disgusting.

Full story @ Florida: Anyone who abandoned their pets when fleeing Hurricane Irma May Face Felony Charges | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Florida: Anyone who abandoned their pets when fleeing Hurricane Irma May Face Felony Charges

44311EE300000578-0-image-a-6_1505221165340.jpg

The greatest news item I’ve read in days. People take animals into their homes and make them dependent upon them for survival. Those people have the same responsibility to those pets as their own children. To leave them behind to face the ravages of nature is cruel and should be met with severe penalties.

Authorities say that most of the animals they’ve rescued from the flood waters have been caged in pens and tied to poles, likely so their owners would be able to find them when they got back. In the days before the storm hit, Palm Beach Animal Care and Control was forced to rescue 49 dogs that were left outside to fend for themselves.

This is a prime example of animal cruelty.” said Palm Beach County state prosecutor Dave Aronberg said, before adding “We will find you, and we will prosecute you.”

How disgusting.

Full story @ Florida: Anyone who abandoned their pets when fleeing Hurricane Irma May Face Felony Charges | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

At least pets are valued and protected. Who knows maybe children in the womb and their rights might not be that far behind.

"Forgetting" to get their "outdoor dog"...I guess that shows how much they think of the poor animal who depends on them? Can't agree....

and yet if given the choice to either save your own children and spouse and abandoning your dog because the shelter wont take the pet or the rescuers wont, vrs staying and your family dying;......hmmmm, let me think about that.

Lol, no, Fido drowns.

Sounds harsh but Reality is harsh.

I understand tough choices and for those I don't condemn.

Tying or leaving a dog in a cage outside, with no shelter, in a cat 4 hurricane is not a valid choice.

I'd say I can't believe it....but sadly, I can.

Maybe the owners believed Rush Limpballs.
I refuse to push politics into this.
This is about owners that deep down don't give a damn about their pets.
My pets are like my kids and wherever I go they go.
If the cops say that my pets can't come to a shelter then I'll take my chances hunkering down with them in place.

The south has a strange relationship with pets. They are more of a tool than a pet, They just don't seem to embrace pets like others do
-Geaux
Most Southerners I have known have cats and dogs for functional purposes then perhaps get some affinity to them.

That is totally different than what happens with northern urbanites who have pets as a proxy for real children.

If the cops say that my pets can't come to a shelter then I'll take my chances hunkering down with them in place.
What about your spouse and kids, if any?

The south has a strange relationship with pets. They are more of a tool than a pet, They just don't seem to embrace pets like others do
-Geaux
Most Southerners I have known have cats and dogs for functional purposes then perhaps get some affinity to them.

That is totally different than what happens with northern urbanites who have pets as a proxy for real children.
Some truth to that, and it's sad, but it has nothing to do eith the CRIME. Tying a dog to a tree so it can't escape rising water or find shelter on it's own is what I'm talking about. It's basic human compassion that too many seem to have been born without. They need to be punished -- severely.

What about your spouse and kids, if any?
My wife is the same way.

Fuckin A

I don't consider pets to be expendable.
Number one is that I would do whatever I have to to keep everyone in my family safe, starting with not putting them in danger in the first place.
I've thought about this with every hurricane. I woild simply get in my car and drive OUT OF THE PATH OF THE HURRICANE. Seems pretty simple to me. If I have to camp out, I would. There would be places to take pets once you're out of the zone. Seems simple to me. There are always options that don't include letting them die.

This is why I've become "mostly" vegetarian (I try to eat low on the foodchain).

Almost everything we do today is out of sync with the world God intended for Man.

I'm always the one wanting to kill people over the treatment of their animals but we don't know what ALL of those people were in the middle of when they

Never mind. There's always a way.

Its like people who say they couldn't take the animal with they moved. Well then, don't move to that place. Find a place where you can have the animal.

Sometimes, it simply isn't an option, especially with a dog.

Forum List

Back