It Was A Dark And Stormy Night...

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Just watched the 48 Hours show about the death of Natalie Wood. I can see how Wagner was crazy jealous but neither Wood or Walken seemed to care enough to stop flirting with each other. Why was Walken with them over Thanksgiving instead of his own wife? I've always thought Walken was loose in the loafers but Natalie would have been kinky enough to interest him. Wagner's behavior stinks of guilt from beginning to end but the original detective appears to have been star-struck enough to close the case before investigating the stories. Walken refuses to be drawn into it, to a point of demanding to change the subject. Nobody believes he was involved in her going off the back of that boat. What makes me wonder if she was beaten unconscious and thrown in the water, why was she found wearing a jacket over her pajamas? Why would she have a jacket on if she wasn't going outside in the rain for some reason.
thinking.gif

splendor%20water.jpg

The boat captain had taken her ashore in the dingy the night before to escape Wagner's anger. He says she didn't know how to start the outboard motor. Her sister said she would never have headed into Avalon wearing only her pajamas. So why isn't anybody asking about the jacket? Natalie Wood had a terrible temper from all accounts and maybe the dingy banging against the side of the boat drove her to go out and cast it off. Nobody heard anything. Somebody on a nearby boat at anchor claimed they heard cries for help but the cops didn't buy it. Then again, Wagner forbid the captain from shining the searchlight or calling the Coast Guard. And it was Wagner who drove the boat to the leeward and largely uninhabited side of Catalina earlier in the day. The lead detective says her autopsy photo showed fresh bruises.

NATALIE-WOOD-frontal.jpg

I've been in those waters and they are infested with sharks. The stormy seas probably prevented them from finding her body or she would never have been discovered in a kelp bed. All in all, if her wearing the jacket could be explained, I'd join in the chorus to drag Wagner in for more questioning. But since he's almost 88, there isn't a jury that would convict him....not in Hollywood, California.

Last edited:
Just watched the 48 Hours show about the death of Natalie Wood. I can see how Wagner was crazy jealous but neither Wood or Walken seemed to care enough to stop flirting with each other. Why was Walken with them over Thanksgiving instead of his own wife? I've always thought Walken was loose in the loafers but Natalie would have been kinky enough to interest him. Wagner's behavior stinks of guilt from beginning to end but the original detective appears to have been star-struck enough to close the case before investigating the stories. Walken refuses to be drawn into it, to a point of demanding to change the subject. Nobody believes he was involved in her going off the back of that boat. What makes me wonder if she was beaten unconscious and thrown in the water, why was she found wearing a jacket over her pajamas? Why would she have a jacket on if she wasn't going outside in the rain for some reason.
thinking.gif

splendor%20water.jpg

The boat captain had taken her ashore in the dingy the night before to escape Wagner's anger. He says she didn't know how to start the outboard motor. Her sister said she would never have headed into Avalon wearing only her pajamas. So why isn't anybody asking about the jacket? Natalie Wood had a terrible temper from all accounts and maybe the dingy banging against the side of the boat drove her to go out and cast it off. Nobody heard anything. Somebody on a nearby boat at anchor claimed they heard cries for help but the cops didn't buy it. Then again, Wagner forbid the captain from shining the searchlight or calling the Coast Guard. And it was Wagner who drove the boat to the leeward and largely uninhabited side of Catalina earlier in the day. The lead detective says her autopsy photo showed fresh bruises.

NATALIE-WOOD-frontal.jpg

I've been in those waters and they are infested with sharks. The stormy seas probably prevented them from finding her body or she would never have been discovered in a kelp bed. All in all, if her wearing the jacket could be explained, I'd join in the chorus to drag Wagner in for more questioning. But since he's almost 88, there isn't a jury that would convict him....not in Hollywood, California.

The captain came out with a book a few years back, claiming Wagner did not do it

All three ...Wagner, Wood, and Walken were very very drunk at the bar...wasted

Natalie went to bed drunk like they all did...but the dingy boat was pounding into the yacht, so she went out to push it away. and fell in..

People could hear a woman calling for help, but it seems weird to me that Wagner, nor Walken or even the captain didn't hear he calls..
No one went to investigate.

• Banned
The captain came out with a book a few years back, claiming Wagner did not do it

All three ...Wagner, Wood, and Walken were very very drunk at the bar...wasted

Natalie went to bed drunk like they all did...but the dingy boat was pounding into the yacht, so she went out to push it away. and fell in..

People could hear a woman calling for help, but it seems weird to me that Wagner, nor Walken or even the captain didn't hear he calls..
No one went to investigate.

Wrong...only Walken went to bed. Other boats within earshot heard Wood and Wagner in a loud argument on the back of the boat. One said Wood was the aggressor and Wagner walked away from her and she went down on one knee. There's no doubt they were both drunk on their asses. The boat captain went to their cabin during the first part of the fight when he heard things being broken and yelling. Wagner answered the door looking crazy and told him to get lost. So the three of them were all awake when she went off the end of the boat.

Forum List

Back