Ohio lawmakers urge Trump to change Denali's name back to Mt. McKinley

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Why did we ever change it to denali in the first place.? Why is the injun name better than the white man name for a mountain? Injuns are just boozers on welfare.

Ohio lawmakers urge Trump to change Denali's name back to Mt. McKinley

feb 1 2018 GOP lawmakers from Ohio are pressing President Trump to uphold a promise to reverse former President Obama's decision and rename the Alaskan mountain Denali to its old name, Mt. McKinley.

In a letter to Trump, the 11 lawmakers say it was "disrespectful" for Obama to change the name of the mountain, which had been named after William McKinley, a former president from Ohio. The mountain was named after the 25th president in 1896.

"President William McKinley's legacy should not be compromised by a political stunt," the letter signed by Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio) and other lawmakers stated.

"Mr. President, we appreciate your comments opposing the Obama administration's actions and stand ready to work with you to preserve William McKinley's legacy by restoring President William McKinley's name to the Alaska mountain."

In 2015 Trump tweeted in response to Obama's decision to change the mountain's name, "President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!"

• Banned
I hope trump also gets rid of MLK day. Why honor a white-hating racist?

• Banned
And what was it called when the indigenous who preceded and were wiped out by the Denali-namers without any opportunity to live on a reservation inhabited the place?

Hell - who's to even say what the injuns called it. They didn't have a written language. 200 years some drunk injun said "me call big white mountain denali" and liberals say that makes if the official name!!!

Why do a bunch of legislators in Ohio care about a mountain in Alaska?

...Because President McKinley was from Ohio.
Are there mountains in Ohio? They should name one after him.
I didn't find any mountains but we could name these peaks after McKinley...

49d6d56030ffb5c9e52e8616b9738f36.jpg

Sure but Trump probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near here when he decided to change the names

Sure but Trump probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near here when he decided to change the names
Not without his checkbook...

And what was it called when the indigenous who preceded and were wiped out by the Denali-namers without any opportunity to live on a reservation inhabited the place?
it is a fact that NAs warred on/decimated/TORTURED/displaced/etc other tribes long before whites came --''pre-contact''

Alaskan NAs:
Relations between neighboring bands were not always friendly, however. Wars among people of different bands and between the Indians and neighboring cultures (particularly Eskimo and Tlingit) were quite frequent in pre-contact times
Athabascans of Interior Alaska

this era was the era of Exploration
the NAs did not own the land...there was no concept of it

Forum List

Back