It simply doesn't hold water.

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Washington (CNN) – The truth about water, first lady Michelle Obama says, is that drinking more can make you healthier. Except some health experts are critical of the advice, arguing that it simply doesn't hold water.

Obama this week was joined by the Partnership for a Healthier America in encouraging Americans to "drink up."

According to a release, the campaign is meant to "remind people that drinking more water helps you have more energy to do more, longer and with better focus."

Not so fast, experts told CNN's "New Day."

"There's no good evidence that drinking extra water is going to lead to a healthier existence," said Dr. Stanley Goldfarb of the University of Pennsylvania.

The White House "decided to sort of support some of these urban myths that have been really debunked over the years," Goldfarb said.

A few drops of criticism for Michelle Obama?s new initiative ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

who is right?

This is an example of why nutters have credibility issues. This little switch to the word "extra" in place of the word "more" just slips in there. The qualifier "more" referred to more than people consume now....which is not enough. It does not refer to "more than necessary".

Try harder.

Water is bad now? If Michelle came out and said protect your children Repubs would be tossing them off the nearest overpass.

Drink water: Cons say BOOO
Exercise: Cons say Fuck you
Pirates: Cons say kill 'em
Obama kills Pirates: Cons say "He shouldn't have killed them"
Libya: Cons say "Do it...wait, no don't....wait..."

Kids don't drink water. They drink soda and so-called fruit juice which, in FACT, is just sugar water.

WTF is wrong with rw's that they are so dead set against healthy food AND water for their kids?

Actually, I think I've figured it out - they're all diabetic and they want their kids to get an early start on their own diseases.

Hmmm I remember a time long, long ago when my mom told me what to eat and drink........then I grew up. It's a shame liberals don't know what to do if someone doesn't tell them.

BTW, we have our own well, as a matter of fact.

None of that government mandated fluoride or that other poison you get from plastic bottles.

It's not about drinking extra water, it's about drinking water instead of garbage.

There's no question that it's healthier to drink water instead of Diet Coke.

Since when did I allow my government to become my nutritionist?

Of course you feel like someone is making you do it, that's what victims do

You're the one who likes to be led by the hand. By your government. That's what dependents do.

If she's suggesting/encouraging people to drink water in place of crap, there's nothing wrong with that.

If she is forcing/mandating people to drink water in place of crap, she can bugger off.

Kids don't drink water. They drink soda and so-called fruit juice which, in FACT, is just sugar water.

WTF is wrong with rw's that they are so dead set against healthy food AND water for their kids?

Actually, I think I've figured it out - they're all diabetic and they want their kids to get an early start on their own diseases.

All we have to do is let nutters think that these positive things are their idea. As long as they think we are in favor of something, they will instinctively oppose it.

Our problem is that we are always thinking about how to make the lives of our fellow Americans better. We should stop doing that. It infuriates nutters.

Sorry, but I don't take nutritional advice from somebody with a big, fat, blubbery ass who stuffs her face with french fries every chance she gets. The bitch has no credibility.

i don't recall republicans or cons complaining when arnold promoted health under the first bush....

imo, the first lady is doing nothing wrong. just because i prefer drinking my water in the form of alcohol doesn't mean she is wrong...:D

now if she were to legislate the amount of water, that would be a different story

It's not about drinking extra water, it's about drinking water instead of garbage.

There's no question that it's healthier to drink water instead of Diet Coke.

Since when did I allow my government to become my nutritionist?

Guess what?

No one needs your fucking permission. It's not "your" government.

Sorry, but I don't take nutritional advice from somebody with a big, fat, blubbery ass who stuffs her face with french fries every chance she gets. The bitch has no credibility.

michelle obama is fat? you must like twigs or zeroes...she is far from fat

Forum List

Back