It simply doesn't hold water.

Guess what?

No one needs your fucking permission. It's not "your" government.

That's the entire problem. You think the government operates independently of the people's will.

It does. That's the entire point of a Republic, rather than a Direct Democracy.

You forget that we the people pay for this government each and every day. So in retrospect, it is MY GOVERNMENT.

By your logic, it's just as much MY GOVERNMENT as it is yours. And since you believe that gives you the power to not "allow" the government to do something, it must also give me the power to "allow" it So my "allowing" it overrides your "not allowing" it.

I will not give a bureaucratic entity free reign over my life choices. It can't even do what's best for it's own well-being, much less mine.

By all means, make your stand. Refuse to drink any water.

That'll show her.

Holy crap!! He really believes this..............:eek:ummm Does of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE ring a bell??

o'rly...whose government is it?

Everyone's.

At least every citizen's.

Templar "owns" approximately 1/300,000,000th of "the government", with that has exactly ZERO power over whether or not the First Lady pushes her pet causes.

Uh sure. That's what you'd rather delude yourself into thinking. That we have no say so over our own governance. You're sorely mistaken, Doc. No power? Right, that's what Liberals want people to think. They don't have any power over themselves, whereas the government has all the power.

Sigh, your comments here this afternoon are the epitome of the flawed liberal pro-government mindset.

Apparently, you've been "deluding" yourself into believing that your self-righteousness gives you the ability to read my mind and tell me what I "really" think.

Wait, what?? Is Michelle Obama a nutritionist?? Is there data saying we're not drinking enough water?? Is there data saying if we drink more government water we'll be healthier?

Yea, last I checked she really doesn't have any expertise in this field unless being an attorney makes you an expert at everything.

As I said before, let's take another look at fluoride and those plastic bottles.

Fluoride Action Network | 50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation

Plastic Water Bottles Can Release Cancer-Causing Toxins | Ban the Bottle

Only people with degrees in water knows that water is good for you. Then they bestow that information onto us. Michelle doesn't have that degree so that means she is wrong and large amounts of Moonshine is what is best.

Are you seriously trying to make an argument as to why water is bad now? :lol::lol:

Everyone's.

Templar "owns" approximately 1/300,000,000th of "the government", with that has exactly ZERO power over whether or not the First Lady pushes her pet causes.

Uh sure. That's what you'd rather delude yourself into thinking. That we have no say so over our own governance. You're sorely mistaken, Doc. No power? Right, that's what Liberals want people to think. They don't have any power over themselves, whereas the government has all the power.

Sigh, your comments here this afternoon are the epitome of the flawed liberal pro-government mindset.

Apparently, you've been "deluding" yourself into believing that your self-righteousness gives you the ability to read my mind and tell me what I "really" think.

That's TampaxKotex M.O.

Guess what?

No one needs your fucking permission. It's not "your" government.

That's the entire problem. You think the government operates independently of the people's will.

You forget that we the people pay for this government each and every day. So in retrospect, it is MY GOVERNMENT.

By your logic, it's just as much MY GOVERNMENT as it is yours. And since you believe that gives you the power to not "allow" the government to do something, it must also give me the power to "allow" it So my "allowing" it overrides your "not allowing" it.

I will not give a bureaucratic entity free reign over my life choices. It can't even do what's best for it's own well-being, much less mine.

That'll show her.

Oh brother. With each and every word you expose the liberal mindset on government. Such as flawed logic of your allowance overriding my disallowance.. wow, you're reaching now. If anything, they cancel each other out, in that case the pendulum swings towards my disallowance, since such a stalemate resorts in nothing being done at all.

No vote overrides another. Dispense with such irreverence. And obviously you didn't understand the phrase "A government OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people." So by as you say by "all intents and purposes", this government belongs to the people. You really need to understand that. Badly.

Michelle is correct that people should drink water. Jeebus, why is this even in dispute.

Try living without it.

Everyone's.

I don't need to know what you "really" think. You're revealing it here for all to see! Such self-righteousness as yours comes from thinking the government is the supreme authority over a person's life, what they do, say, think, eat, wear, and go.

Last edited:
Michelle is correct that people should drink water. Jeebus, why is this even in dispute.

Try living without it.

Because that was never the point. Yes, it is well-intentioned, but it is not wanted advice. Our government is incapable of following it's own advice, much less doling it out to the citizenry. I can keep up with my own nutritional needs without having to be reminded via a government sponsored initiative, which in it's own right serves as a waste of taxpayers money.

Last edited:
Water is bad now? If Michelle came out and said protect your children Repubs would be tossing them off the nearest overpass.

Drink water: Cons say BOOO
Exercise: Cons say Fuck you
Pirates: Cons say kill 'em
Obama kills Pirates: Cons say "He shouldn't have killed them"
Libya: Cons say "Do it...wait, no don't....wait..."

You're an asshole.

Has anyone said it's better to drink anything other than water? No

Moochelle has bloviated all sorts of shit about eating moonbat vegan oriented diets while scarfing down every delicacy known to man. Now she's talking about people drinking water instead of shit produced by "evil" corporations?

Fuck that useless cow, and fuck you too.

That'll show her.

Oh brother. With each and every word you expose the liberal mindset on government. Such as flawed logic of your allowance overriding my disallowance.. wow, you're reaching now. If anything, they cancel each other out, in that case the pendulum swings towards my disallowance, since such a stalemate resorts in nothing being done at all.

No vote overrides another. Dispense with such irreverence. And obviously you didn't understand the phrase "A government OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people." So by as you say by "all intents and purposes", this government belongs to the people. You really need to understand that. Badly.

I think YOU need to understand that the government belongs to ALL of "the people" - not just you.

You don't get the final say, and arrogantly pretending you do and stamping your feet on a message board is really just pathetic.

If you don't like the First Lady's pet causes, feel free to vote for representatives that will make it illegal. That's the ONLY power you've got on this matter.

I don't need to know what you "really" think. You're revealing it here for all to see! Such self-righteousness as yours comes from thinking the government is the supreme authority over a person's life, what they do, say, think, eat, wear, and go.

:lol:

Just for the sake of curiosity, what have I said that implies I think the government should be the "supreme authority" on anything?

Try living without it.

Because that was never the point. Yes, it is well-intentioned, but it is not wanted advice. Our government is incapable of following it's own advice, much less doling it out to the citizenry. I can keep up with my own nutritional needs without having to be reminded via a government sponsored initiative, which in it's own right serves as a waste of taxpayers money.

As you can see Tampax entered a thread about drinking water and says drinking water is not the point.

He's crying because some advice has entered his ears without permission in the form of a news story that apparently Michelle made him enter.

Why Did Michelle Make Tampax come into this thread and hear information he didn't want? That's so mean!

Water is bad now? If Michelle came out and said protect your children Repubs would be tossing them off the nearest overpass.

Drink water: Cons say BOOO
Exercise: Cons say Fuck you
Pirates: Cons say kill 'em
Obama kills Pirates: Cons say "He shouldn't have killed them"
Libya: Cons say "Do it...wait, no don't....wait..."

You're an asshole.

Has anyone said it's better to drink anything other than water? No

Moochelle has bloviated all sorts of shit about eating moonbat vegan oriented diets while scarfing down every delicacy known to man. Now she's talking about people drinking water instead of shit produced by "evil" corporations?

Fuck that useless cow, and fuck you too.

You're a butt nugget

Have you agreed with her point? No

And that last paragraph sounds like some sissy shit. Go fix your eye makeup sweetie and wipe your face

Sorry, but I don't take nutritional advice from somebody with a big, fat, blubbery ass who stuffs her face with french fries every chance she gets. The bitch has no credibility.

If she stuffed her face with french fries every chance she got she wouldn't fit into a chair. She isn't fat, she is in pretty good shape actually. Better than a few years ago. It's obvious she works out and eats a healthy diet (oh, and a healthy diet includes treats now and again -- moderation is key). She does carry her weight in her butt and thighs. And? She's pear shaped, nothing she can do about that. Ragging over her butt is like ragging over her height. Cris Christie is fat; Michelle Obama? Not so much.

Not intending to offend but I wish those of you who post like this would tone it down cause it makes the right look loony. Just sayin'.

Amen. And amen. I EXPECT the leftwing loonies to say hateful, cruel, insensitive, and stupid things. So it doesn't bother me when they do except the board would be so much more pleasant without it. But when the rightwingers/conservatives/libertarians say hateful, cruel, insensitive, and stupid things, I cringe. I really want us to be better than that and don't easily accept that we sometimes just aren't. :)

I have no problem with the First Lady taking up a small, innocuous, and perhaps helpful cause. Almost all of us would benefit from drinking fewer flavored liquids and drinking more pure water. It is no different than Laura Bush and Barbara Bush's literacy projects or Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" (to drugs) campaign. I don't recall Hillary having a cause--I think she was too busy being co-president. I simply can't fault Michelle's focus on eating healthier or understanding the importance that sufficient water is to our health.

And I also think she tries to look as good as nature will let her which is better than most of us probably look. So I'm not going to fault her appearance, even in some of her fashion choices that I wish she had rethought. :)

Now if she starts pushing for legislation and tax payer money to be devoted to her dictates and pet projects, that is a different matter. And there I could be pretty resistant.

Last edited:

Try living without it.

I am going to save my ire for bigger Big Government Issues. Suggesting that people drink more water is incredibly benign compared to the utter horrors of the IRS election manipulation, NSA surveillance, ObamaCare, Dodd Frank, EPA law writing, etc.

That'll show her.

I think YOU need to understand that the government belongs to ALL of "the people" - not just you.

You don't get the final say, and arrogantly pretending you do and stamping your feet on a message board is really just pathetic.

If you don't like the First Lady's pet causes, feel free to vote for representatives that will make it illegal. That's the ONLY power you've got on this matter.

Wow. You just aren't getting it are you? Where did I say it was solely 'my' government? Did I not acknowledge that this government is under the will of the people? There is no possible way that it will bend to my will alone, such is foolish thinking. Oddly enough you told me not to assume what you were thinking, yet here you are trying to read my mind.

You do not have the right to tell me what I can or cannot say against my government. As long as my comments fall within the site's Terms of Service and other guidelines set forth here, you don't get to dictate my speech. If I wish to opine about what this government does to me as an individual, then it is my prerogative. It is pathetic really, to see people discourage open protest of the government on a message board.

One other thing, you are not a purveyor of power. My power comes directly from the Constitution itself. I have power to vote either way I please, without so much as a nod from you.

Just a question though: If the government did indeed belong to 'all' of the people, why are you the one saying it doesn't belong to me? Interesting.

Last edited:

Just for the sake of curiosity, what have I said that implies I think the government should be the "supreme authority" on anything?

You dare to feign ignorance?

Does the phrase "nobody needs your fucking permission" ring a bell?

Yeah, that was me denying your delusional "authority" on the matter, not giving the government any "supreme authority".

Yeah, that was me denying your delusional "authority" on the matter, not giving the government any "supreme authority".

So are you saying that this government can override the will of the people? Each and every one? Without so much as batting an eye? Yep, so now you change the meaning of your own words. The meaning was already implied. I have repeatedly made it clear that I am not the only one with authority, that we the people have it. You are implying that the government has ALL the authority and can summarily override the will of the people whenever it pleases. The meaning of your words were as clear as day. Don't obfuscate. Don't move the goalposts. Don't insult my intelligence, and most of all, don't call me delusional.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back