It is Well with My Soul

No need to apologize once, much less twice, for your interpretation of the stylized photo I'm currently using as an avatar. I wasn't offended in the least.

As usual, you've completely misinterpreted my motive, in this case for suggesting that you change your avatar from an eagle to a cukoo bird. It had nothing to with any anger on my part, as any objective reader can affirm for himself or herself by simply reading some of your crazy-ass posts in this thread.

Regarding your request that I read the passage from Matthew, and you really need to let this sink in, Jeri: you're not going to point me to a scriptural passage I haven't seen before, especially not one in favor of Christianity's self-refuting rationale for rejecting rationality.

Again, we've already had this discussion. Belief is not a matter of choice for me. If it were, do you imagine for a second that I'd choose to believe some of the horrifying things you know I do about the secular 'powers that be'?! My beliefs correspond to reality as I perceive it, in spite of my personal preferences. Period. There's nothing I can do to change that; it's just the way God made me, so to speak.

In line with the foregoing, belief requires conviction and sincerity, neither of which is available to me without the vehicle of reason. The antithesis of one of St. Anselm's more memorable quotes holds true for me - I don't seek to believe in order to understand; I seek to understand in order to believe, because this much I know: that unless I understand, I cannot believe! And before you even bother, this is not an "excuse"; it's a rock-solid reason.

Undo these chains, my friend
I'll show you the rage I've hidden
Perish the Sacrament
Swallow, but nothing's forgiven
You and I can't decide which of us was taken for granted
Make amends, some of us are destined to be outlived

Step inside, see the Devil in I
Too many times, we've let it come to this
You'll realize I'm not your Devil anymore

Under the words of men
Something is tempting the father
Where is your will, my friend?
Insatiates never even bother
You and I, wrong or right
Traded a lie for the leverage
In between the lens in light
You're not what you seem

You'll realize I'm not your Devil
I'm not your Devil anymore

Your station is abandoned
Fooled you 'cause I know what you've done
Sensation - Depravation
You should've burned when you turned on everyone

So, Step inside, see the Devil in I
I know you'll find your answers in the end
You'll realize I'm not your Devil, anymore

So step inside, step inside
See the Devil in I
See the Devil in I

If you say you cannot believe unless you understand then how can you step onto an airplane unless you believe (have "faith") it will lift off the runway before it reaches its end and crosses over the open waters? Are you suggesting to me that you must understand all things before believing them and it can only be on that premise alone? I do not believe you.

Good bye.

No need to apologize once, much less twice, for your interpretation of the stylized photo I'm currently using as an avatar. I wasn't offended in the least.

As usual, you've completely misinterpreted my motive, in this case for suggesting that you change your avatar from an eagle to a cukoo bird. It had nothing to with any anger on my part, as any objective reader can affirm for himself or herself by simply reading some of your crazy-ass posts in this thread.

Regarding your request that I read the passage from Matthew, and you really need to let this sink in, Jeri: you're not going to point me to a scriptural passage I haven't seen before, especially not one in favor of Christianity's self-refuting rationale for rejecting rationality.

Again, we've already had this discussion. Belief is not a matter of choice for me. If it were, do you imagine for a second that I'd choose to believe some of the horrifying things you know I do about the secular 'powers that be'?! My beliefs correspond to reality as I perceive it, in spite of my personal preferences. Period. There's nothing I can do to change that; it's just the way God made me, so to speak.

In line with the foregoing, belief requires conviction and sincerity, neither of which is available to me without the vehicle of reason. The antithesis of one of St. Anselm's more memorable quotes holds true for me - I don't seek to believe in order to understand; I seek to understand in order to believe, because this much I know: that unless I understand, I cannot believe! And before you even bother, this is not an "excuse"; it's a rock-solid reason.

Watch this video at your leisure - it is lengthy but will help you understand what it is that you are "missing". As for the personal attack against me in your last post (another false accusation mind you).... I'll overlook it because you obviously have an agenda you have yet to realize won't work. You cannot defeat the written word of God nor prove those who defend it of being crazy - no matter how intelligent, subtle or crafty you may believe yourself to be.

Note - the title of this video does not do it justice because the truth is she exposes exactly what is behind the assault on Christianity, The KJV Bible and Christians such as myself that cannot be persuaded to take the Bible any other way but "literally" (as it was intended to be taken). It also spells out the agenda of why it is being done which you may or may not be familiar with. This is right up your alley. Watch it.

Let's make a deal. I'll watch your lengthy video and even discuss it with you afterwards, if you'll watch the six-minute Slipknot video (in its entirety) and discuss it with me first.

Watch this video at your leisure - it is lengthy but will help you understand what it is that you are "missing". As for the personal attack against me in your last post (another false accusation mind you).... I'll overlook it because you obviously have an agenda you have yet to realize won't work. You cannot defeat the written word of God nor prove those who defend it of being crazy - no matter how intelligent, subtle or crafty you may believe yourself to be.

Note - the title of this video does not do it justice because the truth is she exposes exactly what is behind the assault on Christianity, The KJV Bible and Christians such as myself that cannot be persuaded to take the Bible any other way but "literally" (as it was intended to be taken). It also spells out the agenda of why it is being done which you may or may not be familiar with. This is right up your alley. Watch it.

Let's make a deal. I'll watch your lengthy video and even discuss it with you afterwards, if you'll watch the six-minute Slipknot video in its entirety and discuss it with me first.

I do not make deals with the devil.
Goodnight!

Let's make a deal. I'll watch your lengthy video and even discuss it with you afterwards, if you'll watch the six-minute Slipknot video in its entirety and discuss it with me first.

I do not make deals with the devil.
Goodnight!

Good one. :laugh:

See ya' in your dreams. ;)

...Are you suggesting to me that you must understand all things before believing them and it can only be on that premise alone? ...

Believe it or not, faith has its place in my belief system. For instance, I believe the Sun will most likely rise tomorrow; but my faith in that regard is based on good reason - namely a respectable understanding of the planetary motions in our little solar system.

jeremiah said:
...I do not believe you.

On the list of things I couldn't care less about, that might just be the single entry.

Here's a little behind-the-scenes commentary on The Devil in I video, Jeri. I thought you might find it interesting.

Forum List

Back