it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

Is there a difference between Magic underpants and wearing a means of execution around your neck?

My own opinion. Not much.

Except that we can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus wasn't real. I find the story improbable, and I don't personally believe the mysticism of it. I even speculate that the Jesus story was an amaglamation of other mythical characters that might have gotten tacked onto a real person.

(Philosophically, have no problem with Christianity. Lots of good advice there on how to live your life.)

There's really so such wiggle room with Joseph Smith and Mormonism.

It's a fraud. And worse, it's badly done fraud.

We know that there were no Hebrews in pre-Columbian America.
We know that the Book of Abraham was a 1st century funerary scroll.
We know that their are no Quakers-dressed giants living on the moon like Joseph Smith said.
We know that the Kinderhook tablets were fakes made by Smith's neighbors to punk him.
We know there were no elephants, camels, horses, coins, chariots, towered cities, various grains described or other things that Smith claimed there were in the Nephite nation.
We know why some people have darker skin than others. It's Melatin, not a curse from God.

In short, we know that Mormonism is bullshit, and that anyone who believes in it is either deluded or self-deluded.

So maybe Mitt thinks his underpants are magic, but I'm not going to let him near the nukes.

But this Baptist guy who's knocking Mormonism is a fundamentalist Christian who thinks, correct me if I'm wrong, that everything in the Bible is divinely inspired and therefore the absolute truth.

It's like when I was a little kid and I thought I was really smart because I'd figured out that Santa Claus didn't really come down the chimney like your parents said,

he went in and out the front door like everyone else did.

Do we really want to hold the bible to these same standards of logic?

Only Anthony Weiner had magic underpants

Not a fan of the Bible, but the Bible would hold up much better.

We know that many of the people mentioned in the bible were real people, in that they've been mentioned in other historical sources.

The existence of Israel/Judea can be confirmed archeologically, as can the neighboring nations such as Egypt or Aram.

We know that many of the stories do document historical events.

Are they embellished and filled with a lot of interpretation by people who were superstitious? Absolutely. But they were written millenium ago, and the their authorship as genuine historical records is not in doubt.

On the other hand, the Book of Mormon was entirely fabricated by Joseph Smith.

But this Baptist guy who's knocking Mormonism is a fundamentalist Christian who thinks, correct me if I'm wrong, that everything in the Bible is divinely inspired and therefore the absolute truth.

It's like when I was a little kid and I thought I was really smart because I'd figured out that Santa Claus didn't really come down the chimney like your parents said,

1) that guy isn't going to be anywhere near the nukes, either.

2) Like it or not, a vast majority in this country believe that there is some literal truth to the bible.

1) that guy isn't going to be anywhere near the nukes, either.

2) Like it or not, a vast majority in this country believe that there is some literal truth to the bible.

Yes, Virginia.

Actually, you can distance yourself from you minister. Just ask Reverand Wright.

I think that as this heats up, people are going to learn more about Mormonism, and it isn't going to go well for Romney.

Personally I think that unless you are injecting your religion into politics, it's a cheap shot to go after it.

Romney has never been a fire and brimstone Mormon. I didn't even know he was a Mormon until Huckabee.

The Best Of God Warrior - YouTube

^^^^^^^^^Perry follower ya think?^^^^^^^^

I couldnt determine who they followed.

But lets label them religious right. Because even when the religious left acts like this, we must label them right.

All kidding aside, this appears desperate.

Which this, the "God Warrior" woman or the Perry supporter pastor? ;)

Yes, it is desperation. Perry is plummeting in the polls and his supporters are pulling out all the stops.

:lol: Good comeback.

Cain's response when asked.

"I am not running for theologian in chief," GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain said Sunday on CNN's State of the Union. "I am not going to get into an analysis of Mormonism vs. Christianity."

Only if they come from Victoria's Secret.

Then they would not be magic, they would just be expensive.

Ohhhh, they've worked some magic on me...

victoria-secret-models-5.jpg

You won me over...... Where do I sign up!!

"I am not running for theologian in chief," GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain said Sunday on CNN's State of the Union. "I am not going to get into an analysis of Mormonism vs. Christianity."

:lol:

He's blown it already with his Muslim stance.

Do we really want to hold the bible to these same standards of logic?

Only Anthony Weiner had magic underpants

Not a fan of the Bible, but the Bible would hold up much better.

We know that many of the people mentioned in the bible were real people, in that they've been mentioned in other historical sources.

The existence of Israel/Judea can be confirmed archeologically, as can the neighboring nations such as Egypt or Aram.

We know that many of the stories do document historical events.

Are they embellished and filled with a lot of interpretation by people who were superstitious? Absolutely. But they were written millenium ago, and the their authorship as genuine historical records is not in doubt.

On the other hand, the Book of Mormon was entirely fabricated by Joseph Smith.

The Bible doesn't hold up well at all.

You have winged humans, humans with cloven hooves and horns, people coming back from the dead, walking on water, burning bushes and a plethora of other hocus pocus that is extremely questionable.

:lol:

He's blown it already with his Muslim stance.

"Mormonism vs Christianity"?

Are they different?

Muslim religion is not all that different either. They all read from the same fairy tales.

No mainline Christian denomination considers Mormons to be Christians.

Mormons are considered a cult and have nothing to do with Christianity.
That's what you think. Mormons believe in Jesus Christ, it's part of their name. And no, they're not a cult, they're diversified Christians who make a joyful noise with their Tabernacle Choir, of which I have several different works. They're believers in Christ, of that there can be no doubt, imho.

That's what you think. Mormons believe in Jesus Christ, it's part of their name. And no, they're not a cult, they're diversified Christians who make a joyful noise with their Tabernacle Choir, of which I have several different works. They're believers in Christ, of that there can be no doubt, imho.

you need to look into their beliefs......they believe after death they are given a planet with their sealed wives and become gods....

woman only go to the heaven or afterlife when sealed to a man

i am not sure what becomes of unmarried women.....

But he has no qualms about getting into an analysis of Islam vs Christianity

you need to look into their beliefs......they believe after death they are given a planet with their sealed wives and become gods....

woman only go to the heaven or afterlife when sealed to a man

i am not sure what becomes of unmarried women.....
Christianity asks only one question: Do you believe in Jesus Christ?

If the answer is "yes," the respondent is a Christian. If the answer is "no" the respondent is not a Christian. If the answer is "I don't know," then God hasn't finished with them yet. :)

Hmmm . . . Perry and I each believe that a dead man sat up in a tomb about 2000 years ago.

Come on, Rick, let us explain this to others in terms of critical thinking skills.

Hmmm . . . you can't, Rick? Neither can I?

Mitt, the great majority of Americans are not going to wonder much about your religion at all, just the small minority nut cases on the Far Christian Right. Who cares?

The question is a little more complicated with Mormons because they do have a Jesus in the religious teachings, the only problem is that it's not the same 'Holy Trinity' Son of the Christian faith.

It would be like asking a boxer if he believes in Mohammad and then calling them a follower of Islam ... It's a different Mohammad, the boxer is thinking about Ali

The Bible doesn't hold up well at all.

You have winged humans, humans with cloven hooves and horns, people coming back from the dead, walking on water, burning bushes and a plethora of other hocus pocus that is extremely questionable.

You're pretty profoundly ignorant of the bible, aren't you.

Winged angels that looked like people and cloven hooved demons are largely the invention of medieval artists, NOT the verses of the bible itself.

Didn't say that the stories of miracles are true. I pointed out that the places and events are based on some history. The same can be said of Greek History. Everyone believed that Troy was a myth, until they dug it up. Didn't make the Iliad true, but it was a lot less mythical than it was before.

There is, however, no evidence of the Nephite civilization. None.

Religion or the lack of it, like it or not, is a factor in politics. It is a factor to a large part of the country when the curtain gets closed and it's time to vote. If a person were to run for an office and had a religion of segragation, violence, opression and out and out dishonesty ... You would probably concider that when casting your ballot. It's no different when a candidate spouts opinions that are in line with your personal moral compass.

It is a factor, it cannot help but be a factor.

Islam, dispite what the left like to tell people, is a religion of violence. They are told to do as Mohammad did as he was the 'perfict' example. Mahammad killed his parents. It is a religion of pedafiles, he married his youngest wife at the age of 6 and concumated the marrage when she was 9. A religion of lies. Lying if the lie forwards the cause of Islam, is permitted. It is a religion of oppression to woman. Amount other things, they are property and are not allow to worship with men or even read the holy book

If a presedent stood up on stage and said "I am a muslam" ... Would you vote for him knowing that these things are what was taught to him from a young age?

Forum List

Back