it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

Hmmm . . . Perry and I each believe that a dead man sat up in a tomb about 2000 years ago.

Come on, Rick, let us explain this to others in terms of critical thinking skills.

Hmmm . . . you can't, Rick? Neither can I?

Mitt, the great majority of Americans are not going to wonder much about your religion at all, just the small minority nut cases on the Far Christian Right. Who cares?

Keep pretending the Gallup Poll that says 22% won't vote for a Mormon doesn't exist, guy.

Keep ignoring that includes 27% of Democrats and 19% of independents (not the far right) as well as 18% of Republicans.

Keep ignoring Romney hasn't won one straw poll this year, except for Michigan, and usually finishes distantly. He got 4% at the value voters poll.

Ignore the fact Romney has never polled above 25%, despite being at this for five years.

Ignore that he's lost 75% of the elections he's ever run in.

No mainline Christian denomination considers Mormons to be Christians.

Mormons are considered a cult and have nothing to do with Christianity.
That's what you think. Mormons believe in Jesus Christ, it's part of their name. And no, they're not a cult, they're diversified Christians who make a joyful noise with their Tabernacle Choir, of which I have several different works. They're believers in Christ, of that there can be no doubt, imho.

you need to look into their beliefs......they believe after death they are given a planet with their sealed wives and become gods....

woman only go to the heaven or afterlife when sealed to a man

i am not sure what becomes of unmarried women.....

That's going to go over well with the women's vote.

The Bible doesn't hold up well at all.

You have winged humans, humans with cloven hooves and horns, people coming back from the dead, walking on water, burning bushes and a plethora of other hocus pocus that is extremely questionable.

You're pretty profoundly ignorant of the bible, aren't you.

Winged angels that looked like people and cloven hooved demons are largely the invention of medieval artists, NOT the verses of the bible itself.

Didn't say that the stories of miracles are true. I pointed out that the places and events are based on some history. The same can be said of Greek History. Everyone believed that Troy was a myth, until they dug it up. Didn't make the Iliad true, but it was a lot less mythical than it was before.

There is, however, no evidence of the Nephite civilization. None.

Oh please.

There is a litany of all sorts of nutiness in all holy scriptures. The Devil could shapeshift, Jesus could cure the sick with a touch and walk on water as well as escaping death. Moses parted the sea and made it rain blood, frogs and locusts?

Sheesh.

The Texas pastor who introduced Gov. Rick Perry at Friday's Values Voters Summit in Washington told reporters that he does not believe that former Massachusetts Mitt Romney is a Christian, and called Romney's Mormon faith a "cult."

"Well, Rick Perry's a Christian. He's an evangelical Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ," Dr. Robert Jeffress told NBC News. "Mitt Romney's a good moral person but he's not a Christian. Mormonism is not Christianity. It has always been considered a cult by the mainstream of Christianity. So it's the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian."

Perry's campaign quickly distanced itself from the words of the pastor. The Texas governor, according to campaign spokesman Mark Miner, does not believe Mormonism is a cult.

First Read - Pastor backing Perry: Romney not a Christian

if we have learned anything ....its that one cannot distance themselves from their ministers

the religious destruction of romney has began....and will continue

according to their teaching yes Morons are chirstians, but how many people who claim to be Chrsiatinas are christlike?
Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God. His birth, life, death, and resurrection fulfilled the many prophecies contained in the scriptures concerning the coming of a Savior. He was the Creator, He is our Savior, and He will be our Judge (see Isaiah 9:6, 53:3-7; Psalms 22:16-18).

Under the direction of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ created the earth (John 1:10; Hebrews 1:2).

When Jesus lived on the earth (approximately 2,000 years ago), He led a perfect life. He taught by word and example how people should live in love of God and others.

Through His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane and by giving His life on the cross—that is, by performing the Atonement —Jesus Christ saves us from our sins (1 Peter 2:21) as we follow Him. Because of the Atonement, you can be forgiven of your sins when you sincerely repent (Book of Mormon, Mosiah 26:30).

Through His Resurrection, Jesus Christ saved us from death. Because He overcame death, we will all be given the gift of resurrection, that is to say our spirits will be eternally re-united with our bodies (Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:22). When life on this earth is over, Jesus Christ will be the final Judge (Acts 17:31; John 5:21-22; Acts 10:42).

What do Mormons believe about Jesus Christ? Do Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God? | Mormon.org

I have a girlfriend who is Mormon- she is hardly bat-shit crazy. She's an average hard working mother and wife. She is principled and generous. I admit that this is my only reference point.

Obama's Christian background is black liberation theology- That is an angry self entitled dogma...I will take a Mormon over that any day of the week- but I digress, I am not electing a pastor- but a president.

You don't think black people have reasons to be angry? Seriously?

My only reference point is a bunch of backstabbing LDS I met in the Army. Snakey bastards. Scumwads. Lowlifes.

That was before I actually started reading up on their batshit crazy beliefs like being Gods on their own worlds, Magic Underpants and all the other things that make me want to be sure we never have one near the nukes.

Lots of people have a right to be angry-but staying angry; feeling entitled to anger, does not help you get past your anger- it keeps you prisoner to it.

Romney VS Obama...Romney wins hands down!

I have a girlfriend who is Mormon- she is hardly bat-shit crazy. She's an average hard working mother and wife. She is principled and generous. I admit that this is my only reference point.

Obama's Christian background is black liberation theology- That is an angry self entitled dogma...I will take a Mormon over that any day of the week- but I digress, I am not electing a pastor- but a president.

My only reference point is a bunch of backstabbing LDS I met in the Army. Snakey bastards. Scumwads. Lowlifes.

That was before I actually started reading up on their batshit crazy beliefs like being Gods on their own worlds, Magic Underpants and all the other things that make me want to be sure we never have one near the nukes.

Lots of people have a right to be angry-but staying angry; feeling entitled to anger, does not help you get past your anger- it keeps you prisoner to it.

Obama will clean Romney's clock. Romney is such a skeezy character- weird religion, sleezy business practices, etc. Obama will run over him.

Oh please.

There is a litany of all sorts of nutiness in all holy scriptures. The Devil could shapeshift, Jesus could cure the sick with a touch and walk on water as well as escaping death. Moses parted the sea and made it rain blood, frogs and locusts?

Sheesh.

All of which could have been attempts to explain natural events people didn't understand.

Let's take locust. Locust were a big deal to ancient people who didn't have insecticides and didn't understand why there were sudden spikes in the insect population. And they were devastating.

Oh please.

Sheesh.

All of which could have been attempts to explain natural events people didn't understand.

Let's take locust. Locust were a big deal to ancient people who didn't have insecticides and didn't understand why there were sudden spikes in the insect population. And they were devastating.

But if the Bible was divinely inspired, and represents the word of God, are you saying God didn't know about insecticides either??

Oh please.

Sheesh.

But if the Bible was divinely inspired, and represents the word of God, are you saying God didn't know about insecticides either??

Nope, not saying anything of the kind.

I'm saying the Bible was good faith efforts by Bronze Age people to explain the events around them. Nothing more, nothing less. Things they didn't understand were God's will. Usually followed by finding someone to stone to appease him.

The Book of Mormon, on the other hand, was made up by Joseph Smith as a bunch of bad Bible Fan-Fic designed to charm men out of their money and women out of their bloomers.

And it should be obvious to everyone today that is EXACTLY what it was. And that anyone who holds it to be anything other than that, is not fit to be president or even be let out of the house without adult supervision.

Me, I would love to see Mankind evolve above religion. I would love us to be able deal with our fears of death and put all this nonsense behind us.

But really, the best we can do is at least point out the most blatant frauds and call them for what they are. Frauds.

Mormonism is a Fraud.

I'm saying the Bible was good faith efforts by Bronze Age people to explain the events around them. Nothing more, nothing less. Things they didn't understand were God's will. Usually followed by finding someone to stone to appease him.

The Book of Mormon, on the other hand, was made up by Joseph Smith as a bunch of bad Bible Fan-Fic designed to charm men out of their money and women out of their bloomers.

And it should be obvious to everyone today that is EXACTLY what it was. And that anyone who holds it to be anything other than that, is not fit to be president or even be let out of the house without adult supervision.

Me, I would love to see Mankind evolve above religion. I would love us to be able deal with our fears of death and put all this nonsense behind us.

But really, the best we can do is at least point out the most blatant frauds and call them for what they are. Frauds.

Mormonism is a Fraud.

No more so than any other religion

Mormonism is a Fraud.

So the Bible was made up by 'Bronze Age' people, and Mormonism was made up by 19th century people,

and you then conclude that it's Mormonism that must be the 'fraud'? lol

Based on what? His stellar performance as a businessman? Yeah, outsourcing jobs is really popular these days. His record of shipping jobs overseas should serve him well.

How about his term as governor of Massachusetts. Excellent record there right? Oh wait...MA was 47th in job creation when he was governor. How's that going to play in Peoria?

And how about the campaign commercials that will run if Romney is the GOP nominee? The work has already been done. It will just take some editing to have Romney debate Romney on just about every issue.

Oh, this is going to be fun. :D

Mormonism is a Fraud.

No more so than any other religion
^ That right there.

Mormonism is a Fraud.

So the Bible was made up by 'Bronze Age' people, and Mormonism was made up by 19th century people,

and you then conclude that it's Mormonism that must be the 'fraud'? lol

There is a bias that if a story was made up 2000 years ago it has more validity than a story made up 150 years ago

Hmmm . . . Perry and I each believe that a dead man sat up in a tomb about 2000 years ago.

Come on, Rick, let us explain this to others in terms of critical thinking skills.

Hmmm . . . you can't, Rick? Neither can I?

Mitt, the great majority of Americans are not going to wonder much about your religion at all, just the small minority nut cases on the Far Christian Right. Who cares?

Keep pretending the Gallup Poll that says 22% won't vote for a Mormon doesn't exist, guy.

Keep ignoring that includes 27% of Democrats and 19% of independents (not the far right) as well as 18% of Republicans.

Keep ignoring Romney hasn't won one straw poll this year, except for Michigan, and usually finishes distantly. He got 4% at the value voters poll.

Ignore the fact Romney has never polled above 25%, despite being at this for five years.

Ignore that he's lost 75% of the elections he's ever run in.

The pastor who started the latest firestorm said he would vote for Romny before Obama.

Your position crumbles even as we write.

Based on what? His stellar performance as a businessman? Yeah, outsourcing jobs is really popular these days. His record of shipping jobs overseas should serve him well.

How about his term as governor of Massachusetts. Excellent record there right? Oh wait...MA was 47th in job creation when he was governor. How's that going to play in Peoria?

And how about the campaign commercials that will run if Romney is the GOP nominee? The work has already been done. It will just take some editing to have Romney debate Romney on just about every issue.

Oh, this is going to be fun. :D

LOL... You libs just don't get it. You can try to to point fingers at GOP candidates 'til the cows come home. But here's the news flash- This isn't going to be an election about the challengers- no matter how much you want to make it so. This is going to be an election about Obama's abysmal record on the economy- HIS FAILURES!

Obama will clean Romney's clock. Romney is such a skeezy character- weird religion, sleezy business practices, etc. Obama will run over him.

If fishes were wishes dude...if fishes were wishes.

ANYONE BUT OBAMA 2012!

The stupid thing is that all the debate is on the religion, how weird it is, where they were during Vietnam, or what ever. None of that has any bearing in whats happening here now. Very little time is spent debating the candidates plans. We know what Obamas are. The candidates love debates like thees because it gives them a pass on the tough questions, like what they will do to fix the economy. All the republican candidates have only had to give the stock answer, cut regulation, cut tax on small business, blah, blah, blah. No one has had to answer any questions of any substance.

Forum List

Back