it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

Being a Lefty & an atheist, Mitt's religion means very little to me but it means a heck of a lot to the Repub/t-party base if they practice what they preach ;) :lol:

Religion has no place in politics, pastors and religious organizations who engage in politics, or engage in any political activity should have their tax exempt status revoked, and back taxes demanded. this would also help our flailing economy. Just because a group holds political clout in our system, gives them no right to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of the country, or the world. This in part is a reason why other religious cultures and countries loath America. We try to impose our religious values and morals upon them. I am a Christian, but believe I have no right to impose my beliefs on others. That is between them and God, They must answer for their sins, as I must answer for mine.
Prohibition is the best example of how legislating morality does not work Only fuels the underworld to grow bigger and stronger. Wake up and smell the roses. Those who do not study and honor history are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again.

If I was going to discuss any shortcomings of Romney, I wouldn't choose his religion, but perhaps his Health Care Program. His religion means nothing to me and would mean nothing to the country if he was president.

Would you have the same opinion if Rick Perry suddenly proclaimed himself a satanist on fox news?

Even better

What if he declared himself a witch?

Got me. Would be concerned. LOL I wouldn't be concerned about the religion, I would be concerned about the sanity.

Last edited:
Those who do not study and honor history are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again.

And those who do study and honor history are doomed to watch those who do not study and honor history make the same mistakes over and over again.

As least that's been my experience.

The term 'Pastor' seems to be defined pretty loosely these days. If you're preaching hate,you're not a real Pastor serving God. I seem to recall this current President having a pretty deranged 'Pastor' too no? Some of these 'Pastors' are not credible servants of God. Maybe it's time to stop giving these people so much attention? My Pastor preaches love and faith in God. I'm proud to have him as my Pastor. This stuff is just all about media-hype and used to divide the people. This Pastor will not decide who our President will be. Did Obama's? Only God will decide. That's how i feel anyway.

It was kind of funny how the pastor stressed the importance of voting for a Christian over a non-Christian,

then turned around later and said he would vote for Romney over Obama.

The Texas pastor who introduced Gov. Rick Perry at Friday's Values Voters Summit in Washington told reporters that he does not believe that former Massachusetts Mitt Romney is a Christian, and called Romney's Mormon faith a "cult."

"Well, Rick Perry's a Christian. He's an evangelical Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ," Dr. Robert Jeffress told NBC News. "Mitt Romney's a good moral person but he's not a Christian. Mormonism is not Christianity. It has always been considered a cult by the mainstream of Christianity. So it's the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian."

Perry's campaign quickly distanced itself from the words of the pastor. The Texas governor, according to campaign spokesman Mark Miner, does not believe Mormonism is a cult.

First Read - Pastor backing Perry: Romney not a Christian

if we have learned anything ....its that one cannot distance themselves from their ministers

the religious destruction of romney has began....and will continue

Pastor needs to read his bible. He is not a judge, and has no business judging. needs to keep his cock sucker shut, or he will be judged the way he judges.

Deranged hateful "Pastors" didn't decide the last Election and it wont decide this coming Election either. Did Obama's weird "GOD DAMN AMERICA!!" Pastor keep him from being elected? There will be many more important issues that will decide who the next President will be. This Pastor hysteria is all just Media-driven nonsense. The Economy will decide the next President. The People are suffering. And that's all that will matter in 2012.

You mean the, “magic underwear”? :eusa_angel:

Only if they come from Victoria's Secret.

Then they would not be magic, they would just be expensive.

Ohhhh, they've worked some magic on me...

victoria-secret-models-5.jpg

Romney is a moral and ethical man. Mormonism is not considered to be "Christian" and has been thoroughly debated.

The most simple and direct route of answering the question of Mormons being Christian is to ask them if they believe the single most fundamental tenets of the Christian religion, by asking them if can agree with the Nicene Creed. They will have to answer no.

That said...Romney would make a fine president. He is a Mormon- the last time I looked Mormon's are good people with fine moral characters- I don't know about you, but I want my president to know how to lead a nation, not a church. His faith is personal. If that faith causes him to believe that he must impose his beliefs on our nation, then they become central to my concern- but if they merely provide him with a moral compass- then I applaud them.

Last edited:
Romney is a moral and ethical man. Mormonism is not considered to be "Christian" and has been thoroughly debated.

The most simple and direct route of answering the question of Mormons being Christian is to ask them if they believe the single most fundamental tenets of the Christian religion, by asking them if can agree with the Nicene Creed. They will have to answer no.

That said...Romney would make a fine president. He is a Mormon- the last time I looked Mormon's are good people with fine moral characters- I don't know about you, but I want my president to know how to lead a nation, not a church. His faith is personal. If that faith causes him to believe that he must impose his beliefs on our nation, then they become central to my concern- but if they merely provide him with a moral compass- then I applaud them.

Actually, my expereinces with Mormons has led me to NEVER want one in the white house or anywhere near the levers of power. I've never met phonier, sneakier people in my life.

Also, if the candidate believes batshit crazy nonsense made up by a con man who wanted to have sex with teenage girls, I really don't want him to have access to nukes, do you?

This is going to be an interesting primary season. The Teabaggers and other radicals now seem to dominate the GOP.

‘Seem’? No, that’s pretty much a done-deal.

I was watching CNN’s Reliable Sources this morning (or as I call it, ‘reliable commercials’) and the ‘Mormon thing’ was being discussed. Everyone agreed religion should play no role in deciding whether or not a candidate is qualified, and shouldn’t be an issue for the media.

Yes, religion shouldn’t be an issue with regard to one’s qualifications to be president but it is a legitimate issue for the press to cover.

However inappropriate, there are a significant number of conservatives and Christians in the GOP for whom it is an issue and criterion by which they’ll evaluate Romney.

.the special blessed garments that will stop bullets....

The correct technical term is ‘Rocky Mountain Jesus Jammies,’ proof that Mormons are indeed Christians.

It was kind of funny how the pastor stressed the importance of voting for a Christian over a non-Christian,

then turned around later and said he would vote for Romney over Obama.

His hate for Obama is stronger than his love for Jesus.

You people bickering about if a neocons religion has zero relevancy cause it doesnt matter if he is one thing or not, its all fake and a lie. Its there to please the fantasy white middle class has about America. It doesnt matter that Romney says he is a morman, what matters is his neocon flip flop professional record and his shady crooked personel life. Its not what he says, its what he has done.

Now Ron Paul on the other hand lives by his chosen religion, which gives him more validity then either Rick Perry or Mitt Romney.
images

Actually, my expereinces with Mormons has led me to NEVER want one in the white house or anywhere near the levers of power. I've never met phonier, sneakier people in my life.

Also, if the candidate believes batshit crazy nonsense made up by a con man who wanted to have sex with teenage girls, I really don't want him to have access to nukes, do you?

I have a girlfriend who is Mormon- she is hardly bat-shit crazy. She's an average hard working mother and wife. She is principled and generous. I admit that this is my only reference point.

Obama's Christian background is black liberation theology- That is an angry self entitled dogma...I will take a Mormon over that any day of the week- but I digress, I am not electing a pastor- but a president.

I have a girlfriend who is Mormon- she is hardly bat-shit crazy. She's an average hard working mother and wife. She is principled and generous. I admit that this is my only reference point.

Obama's Christian background is black liberation theology- That is an angry self entitled dogma...I will take a Mormon over that any day of the week- but I digress, I am not electing a pastor- but a president.

You don't think black people have reasons to be angry? Seriously?

My only reference point is a bunch of backstabbing LDS I met in the Army. Snakey bastards. Scumwads. Lowlifes.

That was before I actually started reading up on their batshit crazy beliefs like being Gods on their own worlds, Magic Underpants and all the other things that make me want to be sure we never have one near the nukes.

You don't think black people have reasons to be angry? Seriously?

My only reference point is a bunch of backstabbing LDS I met in the Army. Snakey bastards. Scumwads. Lowlifes.

That was before I actually started reading up on their batshit crazy beliefs like being Gods on their own worlds, Magic Underpants and all the other things that make me want to be sure we never have one near the nukes.

Is there a difference between Magic underpants and wearing a means of execution around your neck?

Is there a difference between Magic underpants and wearing a means of execution around your neck?

My own opinion. Not much.

Except that we can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus wasn't real. I find the story improbable, and I don't personally believe the mysticism of it. I even speculate that the Jesus story was an amaglamation of other mythical characters that might have gotten tacked onto a real person.

(Philosophically, have no problem with Christianity. Lots of good advice there on how to live your life.)

There's really so such wiggle room with Joseph Smith and Mormonism.

It's a fraud. And worse, it's badly done fraud.

We know that there were no Hebrews in pre-Columbian America.
We know that the Book of Abraham was a 1st century funerary scroll.
We know that their are no Quakers-dressed giants living on the moon like Joseph Smith said.
We know that the Kinderhook tablets were fakes made by Smith's neighbors to punk him.
We know there were no elephants, camels, horses, coins, chariots, towered cities, various grains described or other things that Smith claimed there were in the Nephite nation.
We know why some people have darker skin than others. It's Melatin, not a curse from God.

In short, we know that Mormonism is bullshit, and that anyone who believes in it is either deluded or self-deluded.

So maybe Mitt thinks his underpants are magic, but I'm not going to let him near the nukes.

My own opinion. Not much.

Except that we can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus wasn't real. I find the story improbable, and I don't personally believe the mysticism of it. I even speculate that the Jesus story was an amaglamation of other mythical characters that might have gotten tacked onto a real person.

(Philosophically, have no problem with Christianity. Lots of good advice there on how to live your life.)

There's really so such wiggle room with Joseph Smith and Mormonism.

It's a fraud. And worse, it's badly done fraud.

We know that there were no Hebrews in pre-Columbian America.
We know that the Book of Abraham was a 1st century funerary scroll.
We know that their are no Quakers-dressed giants living on the moon like Joseph Smith said.
We know that the Kinderhook tablets were fakes made by Smith's neighbors to punk him.
We know there were no elephants, camels, horses, coins, chariots, towered cities, various grains described or other things that Smith claimed there were in the Nephite nation.
We know why some people have darker skin than others. It's Melatin, not a curse from God.

In short, we know that Mormonism is bullshit, and that anyone who believes in it is either deluded or self-deluded.

So maybe Mitt thinks his underpants are magic, but I'm not going to let him near the nukes.

Do we really want to hold the bible to these same standards of logic?

Only Anthony Weiner had magic underpants

Last edited:

Forum List

Back