Israeli Settlers: Are They ‘Civilians’ or Legitimate Military Targets?

So, you think those who are calling for murder are expressing their humanity?

Not especially.

Yet you indulge in the same sorts of false moral equivalencies in which the terrorist supporters here engage.

You place the reaction to their lack of humanity on par with that very lack. You do not seem to have even the remotest understanding of the difference between their dehumanizing Jews in order to kill them and my calling them for what they are.

They have made themselves subhuman through their hatred, not their ethnicity.

The Palestinians only respond to Israel's daily violence against them. What is there to challenge?

You support Israel's daily violence.

There is nothing equal here.

There are legal rules and moral obligations which govern acceptable behaviour. Even in during conflict. They apply to both sides. The deliberate targeting and killing of civilians is not in any way legally or morally permissible -- no matter what side of the conflict you are on.

I support self-defense. (As I should, since I am a self-defense instructor). My philosophy is that if an attack is immanent or has occurred, one is permitted to defend oneself using the minimum force necessary to end the attack. (By this measure, Israel has not used enough force in Gaza, since the attacks continue.) Innocent bystanders are NEVER targets for defense.

The problem with the Palestinians who believe the mere presence of Jews is "violence". Hence, this thread -- which calls for the legitimization of murdering civilians simply because they are present.
Like children playing football on a beach?
Harrowing images capture Palestinian boys fleeing beach moments before they were killed by Israeli shell

What do you DO with people who think it is morally and legally permissible to kill babies? How do you confront that sort of evil?

Yes, what do you DO with people who routinely kill babies? How do you confront that sort of evil?

http://israelpalestinetimeline.org/babies/

Every one of these deaths is a crime against humanity. In the 20th century, it was Nazism and Communism, in the 21st it's Zionism and Zionist Isreal that is the evil the civilised world has to confront and eradicate. Once that's done, there will be a chance for Jewish people, Muslims and peoples of all other religions and none, to live in peace together, in Palestine or anywhere else in this world they chose to live.

Really? Looking at the first two babies on that list... You claim there is a moral equivalency between "I have a right to kill you because you are Jewish and live here" and having checkpoints because the other keeps trying to kill you? Actually you aren't even claiming equivalency. You are claiming that the Jewish people are evil.

And yet it is only the pro-Palestinians who are arguing in favour of killing innocents.

It's a reversal of the reality.

So now you attempt to "reverse the reality" of what I actually said, how typical of a Hasbara troll attampting to conflate Zionism with Judaism. You can just as easily say, like a lot of Zionists, "I have a right to kill you because you are Muslim/Arab/Palestinian and live here" If you want to play at "moral equivalency", I'll see your Chaya Braun and raise you Ali Dawabsha http://israelpalestinetimeline.org/ali-saad-dawabsha/

What is far more telling about the list I linked to is that a Palestinian whack-job killed an Israeli baby, yet the Zionist military, with the worlds most advanced precision killing technology, managed to kill 36 Palestinian babies, never mind innocent women and children. If they are capable of this

There's no excuse for those 36 dead babies, none.

"There's no excuse for those 36 dead babies, none."

Of course there is. It's called "martyrdom". Arabs-Moslems have no issue with putting children in the line of fire.

Neither do Zionist settlers it seems.

... a Palestinian whack-job killed an Israeli baby...

But this thread argues he is not a "whack-job" but that it is morally and legally correct to kill Israeli (read: Jewish) babies. We've spent 25 pages arguing the legitimacy of killing Chaya Braun.

The Israel supporters on this board have condemned the killing of civilians, in clear, direct language. No Israel supporter has suggested that it was legitimate and legally and morally correct to kill Ali Dawabsha.

NONE of the Palestine supporters have done so. And in fact, all of the Palestinian supporters on this thread have either justified it or openly supported it on this thread, or on other in the past.

Are you going to be the first on Team P to step up and directly condemn the killing of civilians?

This thread argues no such thing and I won't "read:Jewish" as presumably rockets and other indiscriminate attacks can injure all Israelis, regardless of their religions. I've gone back over these 25 pages and cannot find anyone on either side stating it is legitimate to kill a baby, and I think you'll find that everyone on both sides, has condemned in clear, direct language, the killing of civillians; Zionists have slaughtered far more Palestinian civilians, than Palestinians have killed Israeli civillians, that fact is incontrovertable.

The problem with "settlers" is into which category do they fall into, "combatants" or "non-combatants"; "Protected persons" or "legitimate targets". The same applies to members of the Palestinian resistance.

Are the settlers who did this combatants or protected persons? Israeli settler rams 8-year-old Palestinian boy with car in Hebron area
Teenage Palestinian girl injured after being hit by Israeli settler car

If Zionist Israeli settlers carry guns or actively co-operate with the IDF, for whatever reason, they cannot claim protected person status, neither can Palestinian resistance fighters engaged in military action against the occupying power.

It is a complex question, which cannot be answered by a simple "condemnation". But you know that very well, this is just another strawman thread.

Last edited:
It is Israel's policy to target women and children. On the Remember These Children website there is a whole page of children killed by Israel in their family homes. Who is normally in a family home? Mom and the kids. This is not the occasional oops. This is time after time after time again. This is policy.

Link?

So much bluster, so much nonsense from the angry Achmed.
Remember These Children 2014 Memorial

I presumed you would retreat from your nonsensical claim that it is Israeli policy to target civilians.

So much islamo-bluster, no facts to support your pompous whining.
There is a whole list of children killed when Israel bombed their family home.

Retreat?

Not!

When your islamic terrorist heroes wage war from civilian areas, civilians will suffer.

Why should they? You-Tube is full of IDF videos trumpeting the fact they can take out individual cars, rocket launch sites, etc. If the IDF can routinely do that but instead choose to use indiscriminate weaponry to flatten an area, that is a war crime, period.

I have to disagree with you, there, Hollie.

These hateful things don't deserve to be called people.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you, here, Dogma.

It not acceptable to dehumanize the Palestinians, even when they are doing abhorrent things.

I'm not dehumanizing Palestinians.

I am referring to the antisemites who infest this sub forum.

Yeah, Zionists, the very worst anti-Semites on the planet.

What do you DO with people who think it is morally and legally permissible to kill babies? How do you confront that sort of evil?

Yes, what do you DO with people who routinely kill babies? How do you confront that sort of evil?

http://israelpalestinetimeline.org/babies/

Every one of these deaths is a crime against humanity. In the 20th century, it was Nazism and Communism, in the 21st it's Zionism and Zionist Isreal that is the evil the civilised world has to confront and eradicate. Once that's done, there will be a chance for Jewish people, Muslims and peoples of all other religions and none, to live in peace together, in Palestine or anywhere else in this world they chose to live.

Really? Looking at the first two babies on that list... You claim there is a moral equivalency between "I have a right to kill you because you are Jewish and live here" and having checkpoints because the other keeps trying to kill you? Actually you aren't even claiming equivalency. You are claiming that the Jewish people are evil.

And yet it is only the pro-Palestinians who are arguing in favour of killing innocents.

It's a reversal of the reality.

So now you attempt to "reverse the reality" of what I actually said, how typical of a Hasbara troll attampting to conflate Zionism with Judaism. You can just as easily say, like a lot of Zionists, "I have a right to kill you because you are Muslim/Arab/Palestinian and live here" If you want to play at "moral equivalency", I'll see your Chaya Braun and raise you Ali Dawabsha http://israelpalestinetimeline.org/ali-saad-dawabsha/

What is far more telling about the list I linked to is that a Palestinian whack-job killed an Israeli baby, yet the Zionist military, with the worlds most advanced precision killing technology, managed to kill 36 Palestinian babies, never mind innocent women and children. If they are capable of this

There's no excuse for those 36 dead babies, none.

"There's no excuse for those 36 dead babies, none."

Of course there is. It's called "martyrdom". Arabs-Moslems have no issue with putting children in the line of fire.

Neither do Zionist settlers it seems.

You really should avoid posting such nonsense as you clearly don't know what you're writing. It's not the The Zionists™ who are intentionally putting their children in the line of fire, it's your Islamist terrorist heroes who are doing that. While it is not islamics who invented murder / suicide bombing as a tactic, it is your Islamic terrorist heroes who are the ones practicing these crimes. It is your islamic terrorist heroes who teach their children that murder / suicide in the name of religion is legitimate, even honorable and praiseworthy, simply because they have changed the definition of suicide to "martyrdom".

Most of us look on at the Islamic Death Cult and are astounded that such a Cult would willingly breed litters of islamo-bots for the purpose of using them for murder / suicide. It's remarkable that such a Cult would hold a grudge over the course of 1,400 years and use verses from a 1,400 year old text as a way to rationalize the wanton mass murder of men, women and children. Most if the relevant first world understands that breeding children for the purpose of mass murderer / suicide is an inherently irrational act. Reason has no authority in irrationality as derived from fascist and retrograde Islamic ideology.

Link?

So much bluster, so much nonsense from the angry Achmed.
Remember These Children 2014 Memorial

I presumed you would retreat from your nonsensical claim that it is Israeli policy to target civilians.

Retreat?

Not!

When your islamic terrorist heroes wage war from civilian areas, civilians will suffer.

Why should they? You-Tube is full of IDF videos trumpeting the fact they can take out individual cars, rocket launch sites, etc. If the IDF can routinely do that but instead choose to use indiscriminate weaponry to flatten an area, that is a war crime, period.
There is an obvious reason why people point and laugh at your pompous proclamations.

You really should avoid posting such nonsense as you clearly don't know what you're writing.

You really should take your own advice. You seem determined to conflate radical Islamism with Islam and Muslims in general, you are blind to the fact that the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the world are exactly the same as people in the Western world, they all have dreams, hopes and ambitions and want to provide for their families and give their children the best start in life. Your post clearly demonstrates you have no idea about the Muslim world other than the Islamophobic drivel that's put out by the right wing Christian fundamentalist and Zionist media, like Daniel Pipes and his ilk who seek to demonise Muslims, rather like the political right wing of old demonised the "Jews™".

Yes, there are repressive and regressive governments in the Middle East, like Saudi Arabia, most of whom are supported by the USA, but that doesn't necessarily apply to the Palestinian conflict with Zionist Israel. Palestinians, both Christian and Muslim, resist the brutal and oppressive Zionist occupation of their country by whatever means they have at their disposal, as is their right. To try to conflate that legitimate resistance with radical Islamism is disingenuous at best.

It's not the The Zionists™ who are intentionally putting their children in the line of fire, it's your Islamist terrorist heroes who are doing that.

Settlers who bring their families into occupied Palestine, are doing exactly that, deliberately putting their children into the line of fire.

Retreat?

Not!

There is an obvious reason why people point and laugh at your pompous proclamations.

They're as stupid as you? ;)

You really should avoid posting such nonsense as you clearly don't know what you're writing.

You really should take your own advice. You seem determined to conflate radical Islamism with Islam and Muslims in general, you are blind to the fact that the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the world are exactly the same as people in the Western world, they all have dreams, hopes and ambitions and want to provide for their families and give their children the best start in life. Your post clearly demonstrates you have no idea about the Muslim world other than the Islamophobic drivel that's put out by the right wing Christian fundamentalist and Zionist media, like Daniel Pipes and his ilk who seek to demonise Muslims, rather like the political right wing of old demonised the "Jews™".

Yes, there are repressive and regressive governments in the Middle East, like Saudi Arabia, most of whom are supported by the USA, but that doesn't necessarily apply to the Palestinian conflict with Zionist Israel. Palestinians, both Christian and Muslim, resist the brutal and oppressive Zionist occupation of their country by whatever means they have at their disposal, as is their right. To try to conflate that legitimate resistance with radical Islamism is disingenuous at best.

It's not the The Zionists™ who are intentionally putting their children in the line of fire, it's your Islamist terrorist heroes who are doing that.

Settlers who bring their families into occupied Palestine, are doing exactly that, deliberately putting their children into the line of fire.

Ahh. I see you have employed "the tiny minority of violent extremists who don't represent the real islam because Islam is, as we know, The Religion of Peace™.

Until now, I wasn't aware that you were the designated islamic politburo mouthpiece who spoke on behalf of islamism. Such a weighty burden you bear.

Have those of “immoderate Islam” cowed the “moderates” into silence? Or have the “moderates” realized that, since they’ve decided to “edit” the koran and the other dictates of Muhammud (swish) to remove the nasty parts—quite an excision, that—in outright contradiction of the koran’s doctrinal status as the literal, unmodifiable word of Mo' (swish), therefore they’re not really Moslems at all?

One of the strangest dynamics we encounter when dealing with apologists for islamic fascism is the refusal of apologists to acknowledge that the politico-religious invention of islamism can be a wellspring of hate and derision. While you converts may prefer to offer excuses for Islamic terrorism and the refusal of "moderate islamists who are just like us" to take steps to throttle it, It’s important to understand that these mass murders are committed by deeply religious people who have very narrow and specific motivations which define their worldviews. Making excuses for this behavior only increases the damage.

Retreat?

Not!

They're as stupid as you? ;)

You poor dear. You're left stuttering and mumbling.

"Settlers who bring their families into occupied Palestine, are doing exactly that, deliberately putting their children into the line of fire."

"Settlers who bring their families into occupied Palestine, are doing exactly that, deliberately putting their children into the line of fire."

Pretty typical allowance for Islamic terrorism offered by converts and Islamic terrorist Pom Pom flailers.

For a your Pom Pom flailing, you're among those who encourage acts of Islamic terrorism and the inevitable response by Israeli military.

How nice that islamics will die to placate your Jew hatreds.

Pretty typical allowance for Islamic terrorism offered by converts and Islamic terrorist Pom Pom flailers.

For a your Pom Pom flailing, you're among those who encourage acts of Islamic terrorism and the inevitable response by Israeli military.

That is true. The Zionists attacked the Palestinians with their settler colonial project over a hundred years ago and that aggression continues to today. The settlers are necessary, integral, and active members of that settler colonial project. There can be no settler colonial project without them.

The Palestinians have the legal right to defend themselves from this aggression. To say that the Palestinians attack "innocent civilians" is ludicrous.

And, BTW, it is the settlers who are responsible for the safety of their families.

Ahh. I see you have employed "the tiny minority of violent extremists who don't represent the real islam because Islam is, as we know, The Religion of Peace™.

Until now, I wasn't aware that you were the designated islamic politburo mouthpiece who spoke on behalf of islamism. Such a weighty burden you bear.

Have those of “immoderate Islam” cowed the “moderates” into silence? Or have the “moderates” realized that, since they’ve decided to “edit” the koran and the other dictates of Muhammud (swish) to remove the nasty parts—quite an excision, that—in outright contradiction of the koran’s doctrinal status as the literal, unmodifiable word of Mo' (swish), therefore they’re not really Moslems at all?

One of the strangest dynamics we encounter when dealing with apologists for islamic fascism is the refusal of apologists to acknowledge that the politico-religious invention of islamism can be a wellspring of hate and derision. While you converts may prefer to offer excuses for Islamic terrorism and the refusal of "moderate islamists who are just like us" to take steps to throttle it, It’s important to understand that these mass murders are committed by deeply religious people who have very narrow and specific motivations which define their worldviews. Making excuses for this behavior only increases the damage.
Ahh. I see you have employed "the tiny minority of violent extremists who don't represent the real Jews because Judaism is, as we know, The Religion of Peace™.

Until now, I wasn't aware that you were the designated Jew politburo mouthpiece who spoke on behalf of Judaism. Such a weighty burden you bear.

Have those of “immoderate Jews” cowed the “moderates” into silence? Or have the “moderates” realized that, since they’ve decided to “edit” the talmud and the other dictates of the pharisees to remove the nasty parts—quite an excision, that—in outright contradiction of the Torah's doctrinal status as the literal, unmodifiable word of G-d, therefore they’re not really Jews at all?

One of the strangest dynamics we encounter when dealing with apologists for israeli fascism is the refusal of apologists to acknowledge that the politico-religious invention of Judaism can be a wellspring of hate and derision. While you converts may prefer to offer excuses for Jewish terrorism and the refusal of "moderate Jews who are just like us" to take steps to throttle it, It’s important to understand that these mass murders are committed by deeply religious people who have very narrow and specific motivations which define their worldviews. Making excuses for this behavior only increases the damage.

That is true. The Zionists attacked the Palestinians with their settler colonial project over a hundred years ago and that aggression continues to today. The settlers are necessary, integral, and active members of that settler colonial project. There can be no settler colonial project without them.

The Palestinians have the legal right to defend themselves from this aggression. To say that the Palestinians attack "innocent civilians" is ludicrous.

And, BTW, it is the settlers who are responsible for the safety of their families.

That's all just a reiteration of your typical bluster.

For all your thinly veiled (Burqa'ed) allowances for Islamic terrorism, just be reminded that islamic terrorism carries consequences.

Oh, BTW, the Israelis have a right and responsibility to protect themselves from the Islamic Death Cultists who groom their children for acts of mass murderer / suicide. How pathetic that islamists like you flail your Pompous Poms urging others to die to placate your pathology of self-hate and retrogression.

Ahh. I see you have employed "the tiny minority of violent extremists who don't represent the real Jews because Judaism is, as we know, The Religion of Peace™.

Until now, I wasn't aware that you were the designated Jew politburo mouthpiece who spoke on behalf of Judaism. Such a weighty burden you bear.

Have those of “immoderate Jews” cowed the “moderates” into silence? Or have the “moderates” realized that, since they’ve decided to “edit” the talmud and the other dictates of the pharisees to remove the nasty parts—quite an excision, that—in outright contradiction of the Torah's doctrinal status as the literal, unmodifiable word of G-d, therefore they’re not really Jews at all?

One of the strangest dynamics we encounter when dealing with apologists for israeli fascism is the refusal of apologists to acknowledge that the politico-religious invention of Judaism can be a wellspring of hate and derision. While you converts may prefer to offer excuses for Jewish terrorism and the refusal of "moderate Jews who are just like us" to take steps to throttle it, It’s important to understand that these mass murders are committed by deeply religious people who have very narrow and specific motivations which define their worldviews. Making excuses for this behavior only increases the damage.

And as usual, you stalk me from thread to thread, plagiarizing my posts in a desperate bid for attention.

For all your thinly veiled (Burqa'ed) allowances for Islamic terrorism, just be reminded that islamic terrorism carries consequences.

Oh, BTW, the Israelis have a right and responsibility to protect themselves from the Islamic Death Cultists who groom their children for acts of mass murderer / suicide. How pathetic that islamists like you flail your Pompous Poms urging others to die to placate your pathology of self-hate and retrogression.

For all your thinly veiled (Burqa'ed) allowances for Jewish terrorism, just be reminded that Jewish terrorism carries consequences.

Oh, BTW, the Palestinians have a right and responsibility to protect themselves from the Jewish Death Cultists who groom their children for acts of mass murderer / suicide. How pathetic that Jews like you flail your Pompous Poms urging others to die to placate your pathology of self-hate and retrogression.

Forum List

Back