Israeli army used flechettes against Gaza civilians

dj defkawn

Elab Vokab
Mar 20, 2009
Bellingham,Washington
gaza-flechette-bedouin-560x400.jpg

Apart from white phosphorus, the Israeli army used a variety of other weapons in densely populated civilian areas of Gaza in the three-week conflict that began on 27 December.

Flechettes are 4cm long metal darts that are sharply pointed at the front, with four fins at the rear. Between 5,000 and 8,000 are packed into 120mm shells which are generally fired from tanks. The shells explode in the air and scatter the flechettes in a conical pattern over an area about 300m wide and 100m long.

An anti-personnel weapon designed to penetrate dense vegetation, flechettes should never be used in built-up civilian areas. The Israeli army has used them in Gaza periodically for several years. In most cases their use has resulted in civilians being killed or injured.

Amnesty International's fact-finding team in Gaza first heard about the use of flechettes in the most recent conflict some ten days ago. The father of one of the victims showed the team a flechette which had been taken out of his son's body.

Israeli army used flechettes against Gaza civilians | Amnesty International

Last edited:
dude.. don't you know that garage sale rockets are a million times WORSE than suing a napalm-like phosphorus weapon on human beings?

duh.

what.. you wanna see dead jews in the sea or something?

ah the price one pays for blowing up a cafe with tnt starpped to ones chest.....

...kinda like the price one pays for carving out a nation in a location that has already been populated by arabs for at least a century, eh?

oh, duh... only dirty ass goyim get that kind of apathy, right buddy?

They aern't used in tanks, they are used in arrty rounds and in things like Claymore mines.

you mean his article is a lie?

I'm so shocked.

I thought the whole phospherous thing was shown to be untrue anyway. you know, given that the article is from january.

and someone should tell the anti-semitic trash that dying in a terrorist attack or when a missile hits you is pretty terrible too.

ah the price one pays for blowing up a cafe with tnt starpped to ones chest.....

...kinda like the price one pays for carving out a nation in a location that has already been populated by arabs for at least a century, eh?

hey the un created a nation for both of them.....out of thin air in a place that had been populated by both groups....

maybe the arabs should find a better backer and train their troops better.....

i think the world should step back and let them go at it....

hey the un created a nation for both of them.....out of thin air in a place that had been populated by both groups....

... as if the UN were working by itself and just thought one day, "hey, let's carve out a nation for jews!"

:lol:

Ahh.. so justice is just a matter of whose army is better then, eh? so, I guess those jews and poles should have just accepted their confiscated nation and oven deaths, right?

oh wiat.. only GOYIM are supposed to "just deal with it".. gotcha.

and of COURSE you think they should just go at it (as long as jews continue to suckle at the tit of America). Hell, as long as America is busy pumping weapons to israel those rock throwers don't stand a chance! Just look at the 6 day war!

:cuckoo:

They aern't used in tanks, they are used in arrty rounds and in things like Claymore mines.

you mean his article is a lie?

I'm so shocked.

I thought the whole phospherous thing was shown to be untrue anyway. you know, given that the article is from january.

and someone should tell the anti-semitic trash that dying in a terrorist attack or when a missile hits you is pretty terrible too.

Mar 25, 2009

The army noted that such ammunition "disperses in the atmosphere and creates an effective smoke screen," and that "it is used by many western armies"

IDF probing phosphorus use in Gaza | Israel | Jerusalem Post

come on, princess... LOUDER! ANNNNTIIIISEEEMIIITEEEEE

of COURSE you make an extra effort to ignore what gets swept under your zionist rug, jill. That team jersey you wear pretty much demands such of you. Now get back in the ring as see if you can pulp up some more fucking toddlers!

... as if the UN were working by itself and just thought one day, "hey, let's carve out a nation for jews!"
Ahh.. so justice is just a matter of whose army is better then, eh? so, I guess those jews and poles should have just accepted their confiscated nation and oven deaths, right?
and of COURSE you think they should just go at it (as long as jews continue to suckle at the tit of America). Hell, as long as America is busy pumping weapons to israel those rock throwers don't stand a chance! Just look at the 6 day war!

nope....i have long said we should close all our foreign military bases and cut off all foreign aid.....if the jews and arabs want to obliterate each other go for it....i could really care less.....the arab world is lucky the us keeps israel in check..... i say fuck it....give it a third go and see if all yall can take em out....

nope....i have long said we should close all our foreign military bases and cut off all foreign aid.....if the jews and arabs want to obliterate each other go for it....i could really care less.....the arab world is lucky the us keeps israel in check..... i say fuck it....give it a third go and see if all yall can take em out....

and yet I'm willing to bet money, marbles and chalk that you don't mind israel being the crazy rogue state with nukes, eh? Pretty big of you to make statements like that knowing full on that zionism holds the nuke button. Say, did you want to make any more brave statements about quadriplegics fighting it out with navy seals too? Hey, maybe we can let MORE rock throwers enjoy the hiroshima treatment while it's SAFE to look the other way..

Hey Jillian, here's a little news flash bright one, every thing I have ever posted on here is based on facts. Like how your quick to jump and label me an anti-semite, when Arabic is the most widely spoken language in the world belonging to the semetic language family? So now your accusing me of not only being anti-jew but anti-arab as well lol, i'm confused lol.

NEVER HAVE I SAID DYING OF A TERRORIST ATTACK ISN'T A HORRIBLE THING!!!! But all i'm saying is that being a man, woman, or child caught in the crossfire when you aren't a militant or a soldier in battle is just as horrible be you Jew or an Arab.

So you thought the usage of white phosphorus during Operation Cast Lead was proven not to be true? On what basis, who has proven that?

_45397735_006735954.jpg

http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/iopt0309web.pdf

Jillian perhaps you should get some factual information about a topic before you result to petty name calling. Because the only thing here that is "trash" is your statements and opinions of me lol.

Do yourself a big favor Jillian, perhaps you should back up what you say with some actual factual information before you result to name calling

Get used to it, dude. You are now wearing a Scarlet A weather you know it or not.

perhaps the us should arm them as well as we have armed israel?

nevermind didnt read all the posts...before posting that....but y ou know its true

Last edited:

manu the issue here isn't with the fundamentalist whack jobs, who anyone who is cowardly enough to kill innocent men, women, and children deserves whatever retribution comes to them whatever their religion or ethnic background. It's the blaitant disregard for the lives of civilians by the IDF, and the suffering enacted upon so many people that accomplished little more then human rights violation inquaries, and didn't really accomplish much in the way of a military objective, Gilad Schalit is still in Hamas captivity, thousands of people have been injured and have lost their homes for not much of anything.

manu the issue here isn't with the fundamentalist whack jobs, who anyone who is cowardly enough to kill innocent men, women, and children deserves whatever retribution comes to them whatever their religion or ethnic background. It's the blaitant disregard for the lives of civilians by the IDF, and the suffering enacted upon so many people that accomplished little more then human rights violation inquaries, and didn't really accomplish much in the way of a military objective, Gilad Schalit is still in Hamas captivity, thousands of people have been injured and have lost their homes for not much of anything.

First off it took the Israelis over a YEAR of absorbing hundreds of daily missile and mortar attacks before they said enough is enough and ordered the invasion of Gaza! As a liberal hypocrite, let me ask you a question. Would you be OK is Israel allowed the residents of Sderot and Negev to start shooting hundreds of random and daily missiles into Gaza towns? I mean that would be proportionate force. Honestly I think that should be the next move for Israel. Start letting the residents of Sderot fire back! Every missile that hits Sderot 10 strike randomn targets in Gazzah, An-Nusayrat and/or Am Yunis! 10 hit Sderot then 100 fly into Gaza! This is the same type of force coming from Israel that the Gazans are infliciting on Israel. The Palestinians and world community can't complain or risk being hypocrite! Oh well that is nothing new!

Forum List

Back