Israel to bar UN HUMAN RIGHTS official

And once again.... the issue is not what is an appropriate resolution (which is something I'm pleased to discuss with people who don't want Israel destroyed). Rather, the issue is, should the person writing the report for the U.N. be a fair broker... or be predisposed one way or the other.

But keep evading the question.

S'matter? You afraid a real report is going to be fair?
Actually, I would prefer that the person in question be accompanied by a panel of experst from all camps...pro-Israeli, anti-Israeli, and neutral minded people.

That is a report I would be interested in Jillian. That's okay, I forgive you for misrepresenting what I have been saying.

There may not be an impartial person alive to represent the neutral party. Perhaps after investigation some members of that committee would have changed their minds and hearts.

Jillian, I've been letting you get hit with the 'calling others anti-semitic if they don't agree with you. ;) However I wonder when was the last time a UN representative was sent to the territories who had a stated preference for the Israeli perspective? Oh wait, they couldn't find a UN representative that would agree with Israel, never mind.
One of the reasons is Israel's acts of aggression are so grevious that it is hard to find people inside or outside the US who can be neutral or objective.

One of the reasons is Israel's acts of aggression are so grevious that it is hard to find people inside or outside the US who can be neutral or objective.

Not the US, the UN. As for the 6 Day War, who launched that again?

And once again.... the issue is not what is an appropriate resolution (which is something I'm pleased to discuss with people who don't want Israel destroyed). Rather, the issue is, should the person writing the report for the U.N. be a fair broker... or be predisposed one way or the other.

But keep evading the question.

S'matter? You afraid a real report is going to be fair?

Hey jill.. you can keep making as many walt disney excuses as you want to. the double standard that you allow israel is ringing loud and clear.

now, go ahead and call me a jew hating antisemite if it makes you feel validated.

Again, why should Israel let in someone who's already predisposed to issue a certain opinion without having observed a single thing?

You can answer that, or you can continue to be a disingenuous little creep.

Again, why should Israel let in someone who's already predisposed to issue a certain opinion without having observed a single thing?

You can answer that, or you can continue to be a disingenuous little creep.

Hey, don't bother giving IRAN the same consideration about UN inspectors sent on behalf of a western cultures, like israel via the US, just LOOKING for a reason to invade.

I know I konw.. they are more evil than any given jew so they don't count the same. I mean, why would THEY want to let in an inspector who knows what he wants to find... you know, bias and all.

I mean, if you INSIST that IRAN is guilty when they reject inspectors then what does that mean when israel does the same damn thing?

duh.. silly me.. there goes my antisemitism acting all fair like all jew hating nazis usually act!

Again, why should Israel let in someone who's only there to do a hatchet job. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can be fair brokers. Does that trouble you?

Keep on ranting, baby...or you can answer the question anytime you'd like.

Again, why should Israel let in someone who's only there to do a hatchet job. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can be fair brokers. Does that trouble you?

Keep on ranting, baby...or you can answer the question anytime you'd like.

WHY should IRAN let in inspectors when we all know of the documented efforts of ISRAEL in making shit up just to get the US to invade? Do you need to see links again? Hatchet job, inded. Why is it that muslims don't get the same consideration from you, Jill? It has nothing to do with a team jersey now, does it?

Indeed, Im sure there ARE plenty of people to say what israel wants them to say.. If a german were to work so hard to mold perceptions of his nation you'd call him a propagandist.

but, thank G-D jews are above and beyond all that noise, right?

WHY should IRAN let in inspectors when we all know of the documented efforts of ISRAEL in making shit up just to get the US to invade? Do you need to see links again? Hatchet job, inded. Why is it that muslims don't get the same consideration from you, Jill? It has nothing to do with a team jersey now, does it?

Indeed, Im sure there ARE plenty of people to say what israel wants them to say.. If a german were to work so hard to mold perceptions of his nation you'd call him a propagandist.

but, thank G-D jews are above and beyond all that noise, right?

Funny, the Iaea has bent over backwards trying to get Iran to explain the peaceful purposes of such.

In reality, it's a joke. GW wasted the opportunity long ago, Iran is going nuclear, we all know it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Israel should allow someone in who would do a hatchet job.... because that's what all sovereign nations do. (Take special note that they didn't say there wasn't anyone they would let in, so it's just another hysterical rant)

As for Falk, darn right he shouldn't be let in:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/40258.htm

Is Israel a closed society? I don't think it is. If it's a hatchet job then Israel would be well placed to show the axe cuts wouldn't it?

Sorry, D... must have been writing when your post went up. I wasn't referring to you, obviously.

And I'll respectfully disagree because even if they "went after him" later on, the damage is already done.

I don't think anyone is obligated to participate in their own demise. Comparing Israel to Nazis qualifies as something that would exclude him.

I'm sure there are more rational people they can send in.

That's alright jillian I thought it was a spirited response but not pointed, even if it wasn't aimed at me :D

I was thinking that someone with pre-determined views are going to do one of two things:

a. Act in accordance with those pre-determined views, necessitating the receivers of any report to use those views as a fact filter.

or

b. Bend over backwards to be objective and impartial and to demonstrate that the necessary gymnastics were done.

That's alright jillian I thought it was a spirited response but not pointed, even if it wasn't aimed at me :D

I was thinking that someone with pre-determined views are going to do one of two things:

a. Act in accordance with those pre-determined views, necessitating the receivers of any report to use those views as a fact filter.

or

b. Bend over backwards to be objective and impartial and to demonstrate that the necessary gymnastics were done.

Don't you think it would be better to just have an honest broker go in and do an honest assessment that would probably find some things wrong and some things right ... but not something that comes close to "nazis".

Israel to bar UN rights official

Israel has said it will not allow a UN official appointed to investigate Israeli human rights abuses to enter the country or Palestinian territories.

It said it made the decision after Richard Falk told the BBC he stood by comments he made comparing Israel's actions in Gaza to those of the Nazis.

He said he drew the comparison between the treatment of Palestinians with the Nazi record of collective atrocity because of what he described as the massive Israeli punishment directed at the entire population of Gaza.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7339152.stm

just so you know.. when a muslim nation kicks out THE UN because of the label of TERRORIST it's because obviously the muslims are evil and need to be attacked....

....but when a jewish state does the same thing because the UN made a comparison to NAZIS, well, THATS just fighting the antisemitism...

:cuckoo:

I have no problem with what Israel is doing....The UN are a bunch of hypocrites and HAVE NO RIGHTS when it comes to telling others about human rights abuses...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Commission_on_Human_Rights

The Commission was repeatedly criticized for the composition of its membership. In particular, several of its member countries themselves had dubious human rights records, including states whose representatives have been elected to chair the commission.[1]

Another criticism was that the Commission did not engage in constructive discussion of human rights issues, but was a forum for politically selective finger-pointing and criticism. The desire of states with problematic human rights records to be elected to the Commission was viewed largely as a way to defend themselves from such attacks.

They were infamous for critizing Israel on its treatment of the Palestinians while turning a blind eye to many places such as Rwanda, Burundi and other countries that were famous for human rights violations, along with ignoring the use of terrorist tactics on the part of the Palestinians.

Activist groups had long expressed concern over the memberships of the People's Republic of China, Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, and the past memberships of Algeria, Syria, Libya, and Vietnam on the Commission. These countries had extensive records of human rights violations, and one concern was that by working against resolutions on the commission condemning human rights violations, they indirectly promoted despotism and domestic repression.[1]

On May 4, 2004, United States ambassador Sichan Siv walked out of the Commission following the uncontested election of Sudan to the commission, calling it an “absurdity” in light of Sudan’s ethnic cleansing in the Darfur region.[4] One major consequence of the election of Sudan to the Commission was the lack of willingness for some countries to work through the commission. Indeed, on July 30, 2004, it was the United Nations Security Council, not the Commission, that passed a resolution – by 13–0, with China and Pakistan abstaining – threatening Sudan with unspecified sanctions if the situation in the Darfur region did not improve within the following 30 days. The reasons given for the action were the attacks by the Janjaweed Arab militias of Sudan on the non-Arab African Muslim population of Darfur, a region in western Sudan.

Don't you think it would be better to just have an honest broker go in and do an honest assessment that would probably find some things wrong and some things right ... but not something that comes close to "nazis".

How to find an honest broker?

Frankly I would suspect there are faults and exaggerations on both sides - okay statement of the bleedin' obvious I know. And perhaps this bloke is too close-minded to go the job, I'll obviously have to admit ignorance on that.

I'm trying to think of anyone neutral in my own country in politics who could do the job but frankly I can't think of anyone.

The conservatives here are pro-Israel but have no Jews in their ranks.

The governing party (the ALP) has been pro-Israel for years (one of its legendary figures, Dr H.V. Evatt pushed for the creation of Israel in the UN) but has only one Jewish MP. But on the left of the governing party there are those who are pro-Palestinian, not necessrily anti-Israel (assuming being "anti-Israel" means dedicated to its destruction) but are not neutral.

So, I don't know. How is someone completely without bias to be found?

How to find an honest broker?

Frankly I would suspect there are faults and exaggerations on both sides - okay statement of the bleedin' obvious I know. And perhaps this bloke is too close-minded to go the job, I'll obviously have to admit ignorance on that.

I'm trying to think of anyone neutral in my own country in politics who could do the job but frankly I can't think of anyone.

The conservatives here are pro-Israel but have no Jews in their ranks.

The governing party (the ALP) has been pro-Israel for years (one of its legendary figures, Dr H.V. Evatt pushed for the creation of Israel in the UN) but has only one Jewish MP. But on the left of the governing party there are those who are pro-Palestinian, not necessrily anti-Israel (assuming being "anti-Israel" means dedicated to its destruction) but are not neutral.

So, I don't know. How is someone completely without bias to be found?

On every issue, there are people who are willing to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. I thikn they can manage on this one, too. What I find interesting is that the usual suspects (not you, but they know who they are) are objecting to fairness because they're terrified that their little fantasy of Israel as "nazis" will be blown out of the water.

I figure let each side do its thing and see where it ends up... but not with someone who is likely to do a hatchet job.

On every issue, there are people who are willing to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. I thikn they can manage on this one, too. What I find interesting is that the usual suspects (not you, but they know who they are) are objecting to fairness because they're terrified that their little fantasy of Israel as "nazis" will be blown out of the water.

I figure let each side do its thing and see where it ends up... but not with someone who is likely to do a hatchet job.

Shoguns claim that Iran is being railroaded is funny as hell. The inspectors there are bending over backwards to claim there is no evidence despite obvious signs to external sources.

The argument that an obviously biased person should be allowed to conduct an "investigation" is ludicrous. That refuting it afterwards would be easy to do is crazy when no one will even admit beforehand the man is biased.

I have no problem with what Israel is doing....The UN are a bunch of hypocrites and HAVE NO RIGHTS when it comes to telling others about human rights abuses...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Commission_on_Human_Rights

The Commission was repeatedly criticized for the composition of its membership. In particular, several of its member countries themselves had dubious human rights records, including states whose representatives have been elected to chair the commission.[1]

Another criticism was that the Commission did not engage in constructive discussion of human rights issues, but was a forum for politically selective finger-pointing and criticism. The desire of states with problematic human rights records to be elected to the Commission was viewed largely as a way to defend themselves from such attacks.

They were infamous for critizing Israel on its treatment of the Palestinians while turning a blind eye to many places such as Rwanda, Burundi and other countries that were famous for human rights violations, along with ignoring the use of terrorist tactics on the part of the Palestinians.

Activist groups had long expressed concern over the memberships of the People's Republic of China, Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, and the past memberships of Algeria, Syria, Libya, and Vietnam on the Commission. These countries had extensive records of human rights violations, and one concern was that by working against resolutions on the commission condemning human rights violations, they indirectly promoted despotism and domestic repression.[1]

On May 4, 2004, United States ambassador Sichan Siv walked out of the Commission following the uncontested election of Sudan to the commission, calling it an “absurdity” in light of Sudan’s ethnic cleansing in the Darfur region.[4] One major consequence of the election of Sudan to the Commission was the lack of willingness for some countries to work through the commission. Indeed, on July 30, 2004, it was the United Nations Security Council, not the Commission, that passed a resolution – by 13–0, with China and Pakistan abstaining – threatening Sudan with unspecified sanctions if the situation in the Darfur region did not improve within the following 30 days. The reasons given for the action were the attacks by the Janjaweed Arab militias of Sudan on the non-Arab African Muslim population of Darfur, a region in western Sudan.

I wouldnt imagine that your kind would.

Indeed, LYNCH the fucking UN, HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH AND AMNESTY INT when they don't tow the line on the propaganda front. Geobbles would have been proud of the likes of you, dread. It's probably pretty easy to convince you of what you already want to believe. I won't bother pointing out the stark irony between your opinoin and that of a nazi sympathizer.. I honestly don't think you are smart enough to comprehend beyond the next shortsighted HOOooRahh.

Shoguns claim that Iran is being railroaded is funny as hell. The inspectors there are bending over backwards to claim there is no evidence despite obvious signs to external sources.

The argument that an obviously biased person should be allowed to conduct an "investigation" is ludicrous. That refuting it afterwards would be easy to do is crazy when no one will even admit beforehand the man is biased.

Oh I KNOW.. Amnesty Int and HRW probably haven't bent over backwards to walk on eggshells around zion-lovers in THEIR criticism either. I mean, again, we know what kind of jew hating bastions of antisemitism THEY are..

Hell, RGS, of all people, it's a fucking joke that you even try to pretend that you are anywhere near unbiased when it comes to anything israel and all things muslim. Shit, wasn't you one that was calling for fucking war when Iran refused an obviously biased investigator?

Funny how that changes according to weather the rejecting authority is muslim or jewish. It's probably not at all obvious where your motivation comes from, thumper.

Oh I KNOW.. Amnesty Int and HRW probably haven't bent over backwards to walk on eggshells around zion-lovers in THEIR criticism either. I mean, again, we know what kind of jew hating bastions of antisemitism THEY are..

Hell, RGS, of all people, it's a fucking joke that you even try to pretend that you are anywhere near unbiased when it comes to anything israel and all things muslim. Shit, wasn't you one that was calling for fucking war when Iran refused an obviously biased investigator?

Funny how that changes according to weather the rejecting authority is muslim or jewish. It's probably not at all obvious where your motivation comes from, thumper.

I'll be honest, it's because I like Israel better then I like the muslim countries whose religion has avowed to destroy my way of life. Fuck Iran, I hope they do get blasted back into the Stone Age.

It doesn't amount to much of anything.

Super patriotic american clowns would fall in love with nazi Germany itself if it were a US ally.

Forum List

Back