Israel to bar UN HUMAN RIGHTS official

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Israel to bar UN rights official

Israel has said it will not allow a UN official appointed to investigate Israeli human rights abuses to enter the country or Palestinian territories.

It said it made the decision after Richard Falk told the BBC he stood by comments he made comparing Israel's actions in Gaza to those of the Nazis.

He said he drew the comparison between the treatment of Palestinians with the Nazi record of collective atrocity because of what he described as the massive Israeli punishment directed at the entire population of Gaza.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7339152.stm

just so you know.. when a muslim nation kicks out THE UN because of the label of TERRORIST it's because obviously the muslims are evil and need to be attacked....

....but when a jewish state does the same thing because the UN made a comparison to NAZIS, well, THATS just fighting the antisemitism...

:cuckoo:

Israel has said it will not allow a UN official appointed to investigate Israeli human rights abuses to enter the country or Palestinian territories.

It said it made the decision after Richard Falk told the BBC he stood by comments he made comparing Israel's actions in Gaza to those of the Nazis.

He said he drew the comparison between the treatment of Palestinians with the Nazi record of collective atrocity because of what he described as the massive Israeli punishment directed at the entire population of Gaza.

just so you know.. when a muslim nation kicks out THE UN because of the label of TERRORIST it's because obviously the muslims are evil and need to be attacked....

....but when a jewish state does the same thing because the UN made a comparison to NAZIS, well, THATS just fighting the antisemitism...

Hmmmm imagine that........................anti humanists crying anti everything :rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

Well to some extent their point is valid. It's doubtful that someone who already has a bias against them is going to provide and unbiased report based on fact.

Now if they rejected several other people who were simply fact finders, then they'd actually start having problems.

Bad mistake. They should have let him in and if they have a problem with his findings then they can go after him. This simply looks like a blocking effort. Not a good look.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Israel should allow someone in who would do a hatchet job.... because that's what all sovereign nations do. (Take special note that they didn't say there wasn't anyone they would let in, so it's just another hysterical rant)

As for Falk, darn right he shouldn't be let in:

For the purposes of this report, anti-Semitism is considered to be hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—that can be attributed to the Jewish religion and/or ethnicity. An important issue is the distinction between legitimate criticism of policies and practices of the State of Israel, and commentary that assumes an anti-Semitic character. The demonization of Israel, or vilification of Israeli leaders, sometimes through comparisons with Nazi leaders, and through the use of Nazi symbols to caricature them, indicates an anti-Semitic bias rather than a valid criticism of policy concerning a controversial issue.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/40258.htm

I find it oddly eerie, and if I were a NWO nut I'd use this as proof of jewish control of the state, that our state department has a seperate office for combating Anti-Semitism, yet racial discrimination is under general Human Rights.

Has nothing to do with being an NWO nut...anti-semites have always used that same absurd "jews run the world" BS to try to get jews mistrusted/hated/killed. Nothing changes but the degree.

Which might explain why it's a separate office.

But I'm sure the Israel haters on the board like shogie, who does think jews run everything, and nuts who see noahide conspiracies everywhere like nibor will be happy to discuss it with you.

Bad mistake. They should have let him in and if they have a problem with his findings then they can go after him. This simply looks like a blocking effort. Not a good look.

Sorry, D... must have been writing when your post went up. I wasn't referring to you, obviously.

And I'll respectfully disagree because even if they "went after him" later on, the damage is already done.

I don't think anyone is obligated to participate in their own demise. Comparing Israel to Nazis qualifies as something that would exclude him.

I'm sure there are more rational people they can send in.

The man clearly announced his bias. Before even doing an " investigation" he was telling the press they were all guilty as sin and calling them "just like Nazis".

Letting him in would be the biggest mistake one could make. That the UN did not remove him and replace him is to me proof that the organization has no intention of doing an unbiased review of the situation.

So, AGAIN, let me just get this strait..

IRAN is supposed to allow ANY inspector in despite the sabre rattling from the west even if doing so, as Jillian put it, "Constributes to their own demise".....

but ISRAEL gets to filter out those who dont spitshine the halo?

:rofl:

I didn't post this to say ANYTHING about who controls the world, Jill. I posted it to highlight your profound double standard.

Israel, Right or wrong...

right?

How will Jillian defend Israel's stance?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Israel should allow someone in who would do a hatchet job.... because that's what all sovereign nations do. (Take special note that they didn't say there wasn't anyone they would let in, so it's just another hysterical rant)

As for Falk, darn right he shouldn't be let in:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/40258.htm

Oh, only allow yesmen who will be easily paid off monetarily or politically by Israel & the US? And you wonder why the Middle East is in such turmoil?

Sorry, D... must have been writing when your post went up. I wasn't referring to you, obviously.

And I'll respectfully disagree because even if they "went after him" later on, the damage is already done.

I don't think anyone is obligated to participate in their own demise. Comparing Israel to Nazis qualifies as something that would exclude him.

I'm sure there are more rational people they can send in.

Unless Israel is truly acting towards Palestinians as Nazis acted towards Jews, Poles, Russians, Communists, and Homosexuals.

Unless Israel is truly acting towards Palestinians as Nazis acted towards Jews, Poles, Russians, Communists, and Homosexuals.

Right...but they're not. But feel free to let me know when a crematorium is built on the west bank. (And before you comment, remember I was there about 2 weeks ago).

Doesn't really matter, though. You have major issues with anyone defending themselves and think anyone who disagrees with you deserves to die (a la what you said to RGS -- not one of my favorite people on the planet, but really ignorant to wish people dead because they're annoying... not to mention really bad karma).

Oh, only allow yesmen who will be easily paid off monetarily or politically by Israel & the US? And you wonder why the Middle East is in such turmoil?

Paid off? You presume that only someone paid off wouldn't agree with you? I look forward to hearing about your years spent in the middle east that would allow you to draw such a conclusion.....

Ignorance like yours really is scary.

Haven't seen any gas camps in Israel. Oh yeah, Mahmoud likes to hang homosexuals. Of course we'll get the obligatory pic of a palestinian throwing a rock at an Israelian tank while Hamas sets up their rocket launchers in school zones and fires away.....which happens on a daily basis now....but no reporting. As soon as Israel defends itself we'll get to see little Hamar and how innocent he was and how the evil Israel caused such death. But, Israel is not totally innocent either, I understand this.

Right...but they're not. But feel free to let me know when a crematorium is built on the west bank. (And before you comment, remember I was there about 2 weeks ago).

Doesn't really matter, though. You have major issues with anyone defending themselves and think anyone who disagrees with you deserves to die (a la what you said to RGS -- not one of my favorite people on the planet, but really ignorant to wish people dead because they're annoying... not to mention really bad karma).
No, I would prefer a peaceful solution. You were there, did you visit the West Bank? The question is not who fired the first shot in a civil war that has waged since 1945...the question is when will we stop pointing the finger one way or the other.

It is obvious that we are divided because of it. I know there has been Palestinian aggression. I also know there has been Israeli aggression. Neither side is innocent. But I also pointed out that Israel demanded to be recognized as a State and proceeeded to push Palestinians out after the 6 day war.

Palestinians were indigenous to that area, as were Jews. But many of the Jews were displaced during WWII and they returned to Israel. Rather than form a state that encompassed indigenous people, they subjugated them.

Perhaps that is why America likes Israel so much, as we did this ti the Native American Indians as well.

Once again, you have no knowledge of the history of the region, so I really can't be bothered once again explaining it to you. But why should they stand down before the loonies give up the idea of blowing them off the planet?

But I'm wondering, if you're so into being fair (and I'm sure Shogie... who posted this yet one more jew-bashing thread, is too), why aren't you posting articles about Israel being the only country to take in refugees from Darfur...given that they are such terrible people and all.

oh...and yes, i was in the west bank.... and in east jerusalem.

Once again, you have no knowledge of the history of the region, so I really can't be bothered once again explaining it to you. But why should they stand down before the loonies give up the idea of blowing them off the planet?

But I'm wondering, if you're so into being fair (and I'm sure Shogie... who posted this yet one more jew-bashing thread, is too), why aren't you posting articles about Israel being the only country to take in refugees from Darfur...given that they are such terrible people and all.

oh...and yes, i was in the west bank.... and in east jerusalem.

Because, this would be the first I have heard of that. Jillian, are you Jewish?

New Topics

Forum List

Back