Israel to bar UN HUMAN RIGHTS official

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Shogun, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Israel to bar UN rights official

Israel has said it will not allow a UN official appointed to investigate Israeli human rights abuses to enter the country or Palestinian territories.

It said it made the decision after Richard Falk told the BBC he stood by comments he made comparing Israel's actions in Gaza to those of the Nazis.

He said he drew the comparison between the treatment of Palestinians with the Nazi record of collective atrocity because of what he described as the massive Israeli punishment directed at the entire population of Gaza.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7339152.stm

just so you know.. when a muslim nation kicks out THE UN because of the label of TERRORIST it's because obviously the muslims are evil and need to be attacked....

....but when a jewish state does the same thing because the UN made a comparison to NAZIS, well, THATS just fighting the antisemitism...

:cuckoo:

2. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13

Hmmmm imagine that........................anti humanists crying anti everything :rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

3. The_Hammer

The_Hammer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well to some extent their point is valid. It's doubtful that someone who already has a bias against them is going to provide and unbiased report based on fact.

Now if they rejected several other people who were simply fact finders, then they'd actually start having problems.

4. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Bad mistake. They should have let him in and if they have a problem with his findings then they can go after him. This simply looks like a blocking effort. Not a good look.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Israel should allow someone in who would do a hatchet job.... because that's what all sovereign nations do. (Take special note that they didn't say there wasn't anyone they would let in, so it's just another hysterical rant)

As for Falk, darn right he shouldn't be let in:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/40258.htm

6. The_Hammer

The_Hammer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I find it oddly eerie, and if I were a NWO nut I'd use this as proof of jewish control of the state, that our state department has a seperate office for combating Anti-Semitism, yet racial discrimination is under general Human Rights.

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Has nothing to do with being an NWO nut...anti-semites have always used that same absurd "jews run the world" BS to try to get jews mistrusted/hated/killed. Nothing changes but the degree.

Which might explain why it's a separate office.

But I'm sure the Israel haters on the board like shogie, who does think jews run everything, and nuts who see noahide conspiracies everywhere like nibor will be happy to discuss it with you.

8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Sorry, D... must have been writing when your post went up. I wasn't referring to you, obviously.

And I'll respectfully disagree because even if they "went after him" later on, the damage is already done.

I don't think anyone is obligated to participate in their own demise. Comparing Israel to Nazis qualifies as something that would exclude him.

I'm sure there are more rational people they can send in.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,009
    The man clearly announced his bias. Before even doing an " investigation" he was telling the press they were all guilty as sin and calling them "just like Nazis".

Letting him in would be the biggest mistake one could make. That the UN did not remove him and replace him is to me proof that the organization has no intention of doing an unbiased review of the situation.

10. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    So, AGAIN, let me just get this strait..

IRAN is supposed to allow ANY inspector in despite the sabre rattling from the west even if doing so, as Jillian put it, "Constributes to their own demise".....

but ISRAEL gets to filter out those who dont spitshine the halo?

:rofl:

I didn't post this to say ANYTHING about who controls the world, Jill. I posted it to highlight your profound double standard.

Israel, Right or wrong...

right?