Israel, The 11th Happiest Country in the World

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The State of Israel ranked 11th out of 156 countries in the second annual World Happiness Report by the Earth Institute of Columbia University in New York.

Although, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Holland and Sweden made the top five; Israel ranked higher than the United States and blew away the competition for the happiest nation in the Middle East region.

399135.jpg

According to the report, "Six key variables explain three-quarters of the variation in annual national average scores over time and among countries. These six factors include: real GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy, having someone to count on, perceived freedom to make life choices, freedom from corruption, and generosity."

The Report also shows the major beneficial side-effects of happiness: happy people live longer, are more productive, earn more, and are also better citizens.

Israel, The 11th Happiest Country in the World - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

------------

:D

Amazing, considering the neighbors she has and the constant conflict.
I've been to Israel over ten times, and every time, the people are very welcoming. That includes the Arab people.

Shocking, and from a poll conducted by Israel.

I wonder if they included any palis or arab citizens in that survey?

It wasn't conducted by Israel:doubt:

Don't you read? it said the CU in New York

And that survey is not separated to different communities.

Are polls in America parted between Blacks and Caucasians?

That question is silly:cool:

True, I misread it. But I would still like to know if it included all people in Israel with occupied, annexed and territories under israeli control including non-israeli palistinians.

I checked out the report and found out it wasn't a poll or survey but a research paper where the authors assigned there own criteria for what constitutes "happiness", plugged in their own numbers and came up with their own results.

It was a self fulfilling prophecy. Garbage in garbage out.

I checked out the report and found out it wasn't a poll or survey but a research paper where the authors assigned there own criteria for what constitutes "happiness", plugged in their own numbers and came up with their own results.

It was a self fulfilling prophecy. Garbage in garbage out.
Please provide a link or specific reference to that report.

ISSUU - World Happiness Report by Earth Institute, Columbia University

It should be renamed "Who WE think SHOULD happy".

In a world of constant strife, war and threat of being killed, maimed or bombed, Israel jumped from 14 to 11.

What does that tell you? The authors had a specific outcome in mind and they achieved it.

Having been there, I know that Israelis don't think of their country as being in "constant strife and war, and under threat of being killed, maimed or bombed". They are very ambitious and energetic people, and they live life to the fullest.

My friend that used to live in England moved to Israel and likes it since he is a Jewish fellow. He tells me that everyone seems to speak Hebrew or Russian, it was hard to get television service and his window air conditioner kept burning out cause he had never used one in England so he left his windows open while it was running.

My friend that used to live in England moved to Israel and likes it since he is a Jewish fellow. He tells me that everyone seems to speak Hebrew or Russian, it was hard to get television service and his window air conditioner kept burning out cause he had never used one in England so he left his windows open while it was running.

m0127.gif

True, I misread it. But I would still like to know if it included all people in Israel with occupied, annexed and territories under israeli control including non-israeli palistinians.

The poll asked about Israel.

So, if the poll discussed Israelis, and the Palestinians are NOT Israelis...

Then the answer is "NO".

Duh.

I didn't check where 'Palestine' is on the list, but you can if that interests you

In a world of constant strife, war and threat of being killed, maimed or bombed, Israel jumped from 14 to 11.

Speaking about DRAMA QUEEN.

Israel is not about WAR more than any other western country, in everyday life.

We are not Nigeria or Iraq.

Problem with you people, is that you are so rooted in your stereotype thinking you don't even realize its is one.

The poll asked about Israel.

So, if the poll discussed Israelis, and the Palestinians are NOT Israelis...

Then the answer is "NO".

Duh.

I didn't check where 'Palestine' is on the list, but you can if that interests you

Yes, the poll said "Israel", not "Israelis". Therefore one would expect it to be a fair representation of ALL the people living in Israel. It didn't. I wonder what the result would have been if it included people living in the occupied, annexed and "military operations" areas of, you know, Israel.

Or are you admitting the West Bank and Jerusalem is not really part of "Greater Israel" and if so when will you give it back?

Speaking about DRAMA QUEEN.

Israel is not about WAR more than any other western country, in everyday life.

We are not Nigeria or Iraq.

Problem with you people, is that you are so rooted in your stereotype thinking you don't even realize its is one.

Uhhh, who is "you people"?

Forum List

Back