Israel Offers Aid To Turkey After Massive Earthquake

As grateful as I'm sure the Turks are for assistance and relief (regardless of its source), in this case we can call it money owed for the Mavi Marmara.

I can count them off using no hands

We shall see. I bet some do and some don't. It's very likely more don't than do, but usually Kuwait, Bahrain, the Emirates and a few others help.

Israel pretty much always offers. :)

I can count them off using no hands

They've accepted only the help from Azerbaijan so far, and planes from Azerbaijan have already landed. Death toll may rise, but it is not a "very big" catastrophe, you see that already on the number of collapsed buildings. Although several follow-on quakes in magnitude around 6 happened after the big quake.

State and civil institutions have deployed capabilities from other provinces to the area where was hit most by earthquake. Realistically, that'll be enough.
Azerbaijan and Iran are nearest (speedy help) to the place where was hit most and Iran offered also help, but they rejected Iran's help.
There are deaths, but it is not as devastating as the similar earthquake which happened in Pakistan and left around 30.000 dead in 2008.
Russia has also prepared planes with rescue-teams and emergency material, and they'll be available on demand
www.zaman.com.tr/

There are around 366 people still missing under the collapsed buildings.
Separately 143 people are dead so far and around 350 injured.
Hürriyet Gündem

Israel's forest fires and Turkish planes combating the fires.
Mount Carmel forest fire (2010) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73KCjXbwGYk]Turkish Fire Fighting Planes Land in Ramat David Air Force Base - YouTube[/ame]

The province where earthquake happened has about 970.000 inhabitants, and the capital Van (370.000) has 7 collapsed buildings and lies in center of earthquake.
A village in Ercis district North of earthquake and North of Lake Van was hit most, there +90 buildings collapsed.

366 kisi kurtarilmaya bekliyor - Hürriyet Gündem

The black dot directly in South of star is capital Van of Van province east of lake Van.
Van_EQ_intensity_USGS.jpg

vanleharitas.png

Last edited:
  • Banned
As grateful as I'm sure the Turks are for assistance and relief (regardless of its source), in this case we can call it money owed for the Mavi Marmara.

The Jihad Boat.

Has the Islamic Entity of Britain offered help, asshole?

Left is Pakistan earthquake in 2008 with around 30.000 deaths and 6.4 magnitude.
Right is the earthquake in Turkey with 7.2 magnitude and 370.000 citizen city near the center.

2008pakistanearthquake.jpg

Most damage is in the villages in black-marked area north of the lake, TV says that around 50 buildings have collapsed in those villages.

vaneqintensityusgs.jpg

Last edited:
Israel has the most advanced medical facilities in the region. Azerbajan and Turkey, not so much.

Why do you need Turkish planes to finish forest-fires in Israel?

Why not, dummy?

"No one, except the Israeli hospital, has taken any of our patients"

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel has the most advanced medical facilities in the region. Azerbajan and Turkey, not so much.

Why do you need Turkish planes to finish forest-fires in Israel?

Why not, dummy?

"No one, except the Israeli hospital, has taken any of our patients"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-UmrFAWNw]Haiti Day 6 - No one but the Israeli's have come to help any of our patients that are dying - YouTube[/ame]

I guess the Israelis are the only ones who aren't out of money! :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back