Israel kills one, wounds nine in Gaza after ceasfire

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian man and wounded nine along Gaza's border fence with Israel on Friday, a Gaza health official said, reporting the first violence since a truce between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold a day before.

The shooting appeared to be an isolated incident and was unlikely to jeopardize the Egyptian-brokered cease-fire, which called for an end to Gaza rocket fire on Israel and Israeli airstrikes on Gaza. The truce came after eight days of cross-border fighting, the bloodiest battle between Israel and Hamas in four years.

The Gaza prime minister, Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas, has urged militant factions to respect the cease-fire.

The man killed Friday was part of a group of people who approached Israel's border fence with Gaza to pick up parts of an Israeli army jeep damaged in the fighting, said Gaza health official Adnan Abu Salmia. He said soldiers opened fire, killing one man and wounding nine.

1 killed, 9 wounded in Israeli gunfire near Gaza - Yahoo! News

Israel's military, citing a preliminary investigation, said there have been isolated attempts to infiltrate Israel from Gaza, and that warning shots were fired in the air when the group approached Friday. The military said there was unrest along the border but did not elaborate.
In the past, Israeli troops enforced a no-go zone on the Gaza side of the frontier, firing on anyone approaching in an attempt to prevent infiltration attempts. Since the cease-fire, growing numbers of Gazans have entered the zone.

No go means NO go.

Israel's military, citing a preliminary investigation, said there have been isolated attempts to infiltrate Israel from Gaza, and that warning shots were fired in the air when the group approached Friday. The military said there was unrest along the border but did not elaborate.
In the past, Israeli troops enforced a no-go zone on the Gaza side of the frontier, firing on anyone approaching in an attempt to prevent infiltration attempts. Since the cease-fire, growing numbers of Gazans have entered the zone.

No go means NO go.

Typical stupid excuse from Israel.

Nobody was jumping the fence. Israel had no right to shoot at anyone.

There is a no go zone for a reason. Don't violate and they won't get shot. That way gazans won't have to worry about getting killed and Israel won't have to worry about someone blowing up the fence.

There is a no go zone for a reason. Don't violate and they won't get shot. That way gazans won't have to worry about getting killed and Israel won't have to worry about someone blowing up the fence.

If Israel wants a no go zone, those freeloaders need to put it on their own side of the fence. They can't shoot Palestinians in Gaza after the cease fire.

After watching the video, about 300 palestinians approached the fence, after warning them the Isralie soldiers opened fire. I am sorry. Israel will no doubt pay for its generosity in letting so many palestininans live. They should have all been shot, on the spot.

After watching the video, about 300 palestinians approached the fence, after warning them the Isralie soldiers opened fire. I am sorry. Israel will no doubt pay for its generosity in letting so many palestininans live. They should have all been shot, on the spot.

Israel will no doubt pay for its generosity in letting so many palestininans live.

Israel's generosity is well noted.

Israel still cannot shoot Palestinians in Gaza.

P F is another anti-Israel poster and it's clear that nothing one can say will change his mind.

We all know the IDF did not fire without provocation!

P F is another anti-Israel poster and it's clear that nothing one can say will change his mind.

We all know that. The palestinians are murderous animals who suckle hate right along with their mother's milk.

We all know that. The palestinians are murderous animals who suckle hate right along with their mother's milk.

What does Israel's shooting at civilians have to do with Palestinian "hate?"

palestinine has no army, their fighters are all civilians.

Why any of them are still alive is a tribute to Israel's patience.

The best thing to happen is for the cease fire to fall apart and Israel take care of business like it should have in the very beginning.

The best thing to happen is for the cease fire to fall apart and Israel take care of business like it should have in the very beginning.

Is that why Israel is still shooting Palestinians?

It should be. I don't care that Israel is still shooting palestinians because they should never have stopped. If you are looking to get some sort of sympathy for muslim savages, you are obviously not going to get it from me.

It should be. I don't care that Israel is still shooting palestinians because they should never have stopped. If you are looking to get some sort of sympathy for muslim savages, you are obviously not going to get it from me.

Why do you side with the killers, thieves, and liars?

Why do you side with the killers, thieves, and liars?

Why do you ask if I support muslim murderers? I obviously don't, so I support Israel over killers, thieves and liars. We have a people who strap suicide vests onto their own children in order to kill Jews. They need to be put down, just like a rabid dog, without any thought of it either. Just a yawn "got another one". Perhaps Israel should give prizes.

Forum List

Back