Israel & iran

When will the USA quit telling Israel what it can & cannot do & just unleash Israel with our blessings to take good care of our radical Islamist enemies in the Middle East who are killing us Americans & all other infidels they can all over the world today.

Ok, give me a winning scenario for Israel if they attack Iran. I can't picture anything useful coming out of that.

The moment Nejad publically said Iran is going nuclear & Israel will be wiped off the face of the earth, Netanyahu should have called Nejad to thank him for giving Israel a reason & a place to send their nukes for a little visit. Let Iran worry about the USA & Israel instead of the other way around.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mScWWtRfGQ]Ahmadinejad DID NOT threaten to "wipe Israel off the map." - YouTube[/ame]

The moment Nejad publically said Iran is going nuclear & Israel will be wiped off the face of the earth, Netanyahu should have called Nejad to thank him for giving Israel a reason & a place to send their nukes for a little visit. Let Iran worry about the USA & Israel instead of the other way around.

Ahmadinejad DID NOT threaten to "wipe Israel off the map." - YouTube

You do know that anyone could make a you-tube video ...
It doesn't make it true.

Besides we all know that Ahmadinejad did not threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" he simply threatened to "Earase Israel from the pages of history".
Big difference there ...

It doesn't make it true.

Besides we all know that Ahmadinejad did not threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" he simply threatened to "Earase Israel from the pages of history".
Big difference there ...

If you visit the the link on the vid it will take you to a transcript the speech. Just because someone says he threatened to wipe Israel off the map doesn't make it so...

It doesn't make it true.

Big difference there ...

If you visit the the link on the vid it will take you to a transcript the speech. Just because someone says he threatened to wipe Israel off the map doesn't make it so...

I'm sorry i'd rather take Wikipidia's word for it and not your propoganda vidoe

The Iranian presidential website stated that "the Zionist Regime of Israel faces a deadend and will under God's grace be wiped off the map," and "the Zionist Regime that is a usurper and illegitimate regime and a cancerous tumor should be wiped off the map."[10]
Ahmadinejad's phrase was "بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود" according to the text published on the President's Office's website.[11]
Google translate :"Should be wiped off the screen"
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also kind of trust the official Iranian Presidential website:
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Monday that the Zionist Regime of Israel faces a deadend and will under God's grace be wiped off the map.
Presidency of The Islamic Republic of Iran News Service

Guess what? Turns out you are proven wrong.

It doesn't make it true.

Big difference there ...

Ahmadinejad's phrase was "بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود" according to the text published on the President's Office's website.[11]

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Monday that the Zionist Regime of Israel faces a deadend and will under God's grace be wiped off the map.

Wiki? Really? None of what you posted proves he said he wanted to wipe Isreal off the map, even if you take it out of context. You know New York Times later rertracted that article.

Last edited:

Wiki? Really? None of what you posted proves he said he wanted to wipe Isreal off the map, even if you take it out of context. You know New York Times later rertracted that article.

Go sit in the dunce's corner.

Truthseeker420

TEHRAN, Oct. 26 - Iran's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told a group of students at an anti-Israel event on Wednesday that Israel "must be wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA news agency reported.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/27/international/middleeast/27iran.html?_r=1

US: Iran Supporting al Qaeda Treasury Targets Key Al-Qa

Last edited:
Iranian leader did NOT call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map' or anything like it

The rumour that Iran's leader threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" originated directly from officials in the US and Israel.

The very first news articles in which the the "wiped off the map" claim ever appeared cite responses from western officials. This is because western officials were in fact the source of the mistranslation. The speech by Ahmadinejad was not heard of in the west, and was certainly not headline news, until after western officials presented it to the media with their own false, headline-making interpretation, and with their own spin.

The news first appeared in the New York Times, and subsequently by Fox News under the headline "Iranian leader: Israel will be destroyed". The interpretation took on a life of its own. As usual, the lie makes much more sensational headlines than the truth, and the corporate media and Zionist lobby quickly adopted the story. It has been variously re-interpreted with ever more terrifying meanings; for instance a "threat" to "exterminate millions of Jews in Israel" to quote a jewish columnist in Britain speaking on TV in 2007. The false quote has been repeated so often, it has become common knowledge; an established fact in the minds of the public.

To "wipe something off the map" is in fact an English idiom, an English saying. There is no Farsi equivalent, and the two languages are so different that there is no single correct translation, but there is no way that the words could be translated as "wipe Israel off the map". This is not a translation; it is an interpretation, and a wildly inaccurate one.

The map of Palestine was effectively redrawn on May 14, 1948, when the state of "Israel" was declared. The UN formally acknowledges that the occupation of parts of Palestine by Israel is "illegal".

The Insider - Iranian leader did NOT call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map' or anything like it

Iranian leader did NOT call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map' or anything like it

The rumour that Iran's leader threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" originated directly from officials in the US and Israel.

The very first news articles in which the the "wiped off the map" claim ever appeared cite responses from western officials. This is because western officials were in fact the source of the mistranslation. The speech by Ahmadinejad was not heard of in the west, and was certainly not headline news, until after western officials presented it to the media with their own false, headline-making interpretation, and with their own spin.

The news first appeared in the New York Times, and subsequently by Fox News under the headline "Iranian leader: Israel will be destroyed". The interpretation took on a life of its own. As usual, the lie makes much more sensational headlines than the truth, and the corporate media and Zionist lobby quickly adopted the story. It has been variously re-interpreted with ever more terrifying meanings; for instance a "threat" to "exterminate millions of Jews in Israel" to quote a jewish columnist in Britain speaking on TV in 2007. The false quote has been repeated so often, it has become common knowledge; an established fact in the minds of the public.

To "wipe something off the map" is in fact an English idiom, an English saying. There is no Farsi equivalent, and the two languages are so different that there is no single correct translation, but there is no way that the words could be translated as "wipe Israel off the map". This is not a translation; it is an interpretation, and a wildly inaccurate one.

The map of Palestine was effectively redrawn on May 14, 1948, when the state of "Israel" was declared. The UN formally acknowledges that the occupation of parts of Palestine by Israel is "illegal".

The Insider - Iranian leader did NOT call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map' or anything like it

The Insider, dunce? You're dismissed. Go sit in the dunce corner

Truthseeker420

Iranian Students News Agency/NY Times
TEHRAN, Oct. 26 - Iran's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told a group of students at an anti-Israel event on Wednesday that Israel "must be wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA news agency reported

Truthseeker420

TEHRAN, Oct. 26 - Iran's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told a group of students at an anti-Israel event on Wednesday that Israel "must be wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA news agency reported

The woman who wrote that story for NYT was part of the opposition movement against Ahmadinejad and later retracted the statement.

Truthseeker420

The woman who wrote that story for NYT was part of the opposition movement against Ahmadinejad and later retracted the statement.

You just made that up, dunce. Continue to sit in the dunce's corner.

Truthseeker420

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

When will the USA quit telling Israel what it can & cannot do & just unleash Israel with our blessings to take good care of our radical Islamist enemies in the Middle East who are killing us Americans & all other infidels they can all over the world today.

Ok, give me a winning scenario for Israel if they attack Iran. I can't picture anything useful coming out of that.

Easy. Israel does serious and expensive damage to Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs, the sanctions stay in place and Iran cannot afford to rebuild its nuclear weapons and long range missile programs.

No nukes for Iran.

No ME nuclear arms race.

No ME nuclear exchanges.

Easy. Israel does serious and expensive damage to Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs, the sanctions stay in place and Iran cannot afford to rebuild its nuclear weapons and long range missile programs.

No nukes for Iran.

No ME nuclear arms race.

No ME nuclear exchanges.

So they rebuild. Underground. If they're not underground already.

And gas goes to $10 a gallon.

And I'll tell you why that wouldn't work, because if anyone thought it would work, they would have done it already.

No nukes for Iran.

No ME nuclear arms race.

No ME nuclear exchanges.

And I'll tell you why that wouldn't work, because if anyone thought it would work, they would have done it already.

No worries. Moses kicks allah's ass every time.

The persian empire lasted only 200 years and was defeated by the Greeks 2300 years ago. Israel is 3000 years old and is one of the strongest militaries in the world.

Last edited:

No nukes for Iran.

No ME nuclear arms race.

No ME nuclear exchanges.

If the sanctions stay in place, Iran will not be able to afford to rebuild their programs.

There is no scenario in which gas costs $10 a gallon. If the Iranian regime is stupid enough to respond to an Israeli attack by trying to block the Strait of Hormuz, it will be at war with the US Navy, and the two carrier groups we have stationed there are more than sufficient to destroy Iran's navy and all of its offensive capabilities. Once that is done, oil prices should drop slightly because Iran will no longer have the capability to effect Gulf oil shipping. If Iran does not retaliate against Gulf oil shipping, then the anxieties about whether it will will diminish and oil prices should drop. So an Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs should produce a drop in oil prices after a short spike and in that way benefit the global economy.

Until US forces left Iraq, the US was committed to not attacking another country from Iraq and to preventing any other country from using Iraqi airspace to attack a third country, so the window for an attack only opened up in December, however, the US and Israel, both jointly and separately, have been preparing for this attack for years, and what we are seeing now in both countries is politicians preparing public opinion for the attack.

You are wrong on the dating of the Persian Empire. But right on the shithole it became after the Muslim conquest.

The Persian Empire lasted over 1200 years, not 200 years. And Israel was under rule of the Persian kings for all that period. After the Selucid period with the defeat of Darius lll by Alexander, the Persian empire re-emerged Under the Parthians & the Sassanids.

Dating of Persian Empire:

Achamenids 648 B.C.E. to 330 B.C.E. Parthian (Arascid) 247 B.C.E. to 229 C.E. Sassanian 229 B.C.E. to 600 C.E.

Selucid rule (Greek after Alexander conquest) was from only 331 B.C.E. to 247 B.C.E. And then came the Muslim invasion of Persia. Hard to believe Iran was once THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH.. The very heart of the Persian Empire. The land of Cyrus the Great.

From the grandeur & glory of Persepolis under Zoroastrian rule to the slums of Shiraz under Muslim rule.

No nukes for Iran.

No ME nuclear arms race.

No ME nuclear exchanges.

No worries. Moses kicks allah's ass every time.

The persian empire lasted only 200 years and was defeated by the Greeks 2300 years ago. Israel is 3000 years old and is one of the strongest militaries in the world.

You are wrong on the dating of the Persian Empire. But right on the shithole it became after the Muslim conquest.

I referred to the persian empire's occupation of Israel, from ca. 538 BCE-332 BCE. Cyrus and Darius, under the Persian empire, were kind to the Jews having ended the Babylonian exile and having permitted construction of the Second Temple. The ignorant iranians are unaware of Cyrus's respect for the Jews

Last edited:
Not only were Cyrus & Darius "kind to the Jews." All Persian Zoroastrian kings were kind to the Jews up until the reigns of Sassanid kings Adishir l & Shapur l. And even then it was not due to any dislike of the Jews. it was an effort to be less tolerant to all others when their own faith was in jeopardy because of their tolerance to others. In all of the 1200 years of the Persian empire the Jews were highly respected & treated most favorably with this noted exeption. In 651 AD, the last Sassanid king Yazdagrid lll, was assasinated, thus ending the Persian empire which fell to the Arab Muslims. The native Zoroastrians were then forced to convert, leave or be killed. And all 3 options took place under "peaceful Islam."

I referred to the persian empire's occupation of Israel, from ca. 538 BCE-332 BCE. Cyrus and Darius, under the Persian empire, were kind to the Jews having ended the Babylonian exile and having permitted construction of the Second Temple

Forum List

Back