Israel has NEVER been defeated, on the battlefield anyway....

Valid points, however they were at best "enemy combatants" since no recognized govt backed them nor was there a state of war.

thank you.

i could be wrong, but i suspect the term 'enemy combatants' came later. every nation starts the same way. israelis did it as humanely as possible. they were made certain promises and they expected britain to live up to those promises.

Balfour Declaration of 1917 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Britain promise independent states to the Arabs then it turned around and promised a homeland for the Jews to the Zionists. Both sides believed that Britain reneged on it promise. Britain left without turning sovereignty over to anyone.

Last time I checked, Britain and France granted statehood to the Arabs in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and 99.9% of the old Ottoman Empire, about 8 million square miles, twice the size of the US.

Israel received a mere 8,000 square miles, just 0.1% of the land, the size of Vermont.

The Arabs don't have enough land?

The Jews have too much land?

Are you mentally ill? :cuckoo:

Israel was defeated many times.

Not since 1947, champ.

Uhhhh.............

Israel clearly got it's ass kicked by Hezbollah in 2006.

Is that why Hezballah refused to enter the Gaza War and, in fact, quickly denied sending rockets into Israel when accused of doing so?

You're a clueless twit.

Hezballah was shaking in their jihadi boots that Israel would kick them in their Arab asses, once, again. Allah saved them.

Now, you know.

Valid points, however they were at best "enemy combatants" since no recognized govt backed them nor was there a state of war.

thank you.

i could be wrong, but i suspect the term 'enemy combatants' came later. every nation starts the same way. israelis did it as humanely as possible. they were made certain promises and they expected britain to live up to those promises.

Britain promise independent states to the Arabs then it turned around and promised a homeland for the Jews to the Zionists. Both sides believed that Britain reneged on it promise. Britain left without turning sovereignty over to anyone.

Jews had sovereignty over "Palestine" 3000 years ago. Jerusalem is referenced 700 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Jerusalem is referenced zero times in the Quran.

Jews have sovereignty today.

Eugene Rostow, Legal Scholar, Former Dean of the Yale Law School, Under Secretary of State in the Johnson administration, US State Dept Legal Advisor, Drafter of UN Res. 242 pertaining to Israeli land in the West Bank...
The British Mandate recognized the right of the Jewish people to "close settlement" in the whole of the Mandated territory [Palestine]. The Jewish right of settlement in Palestine west of the Jordan river, that is, in Israel, the West Bank, Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, was made unassailable.

That right has never been terminated and cannot be terminated except by a recognized peace between Israel and its neighbors. And perhaps not even then, in view of Article 80 of the U.N. Charter, "the Palestine article," which provides that "nothing in the Charter shall be construed ... to alter in any manner the rights whatsoever of any states or any peoples or the terms of existing international instruments....
Resolved: are the settlements legal? Israeli West Bank policies

Last edited:
thank you.

Jews had sovereignty over "Palestine" 3000 years ago. Jerusalem is referenced 700 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Jerusalem is referenced zero times in the Quran.

Jews have sovereignty today.

Eugene Rostow, Legal Scholar, Former Dean of the Yale Law School, Under Secretary of State in the Johnson administration, US State Dept Legal Advisor, Drafter of UN Res. 242 pertaining to Israeli land in the West Bank...
The British Mandate recognized the right of the Jewish people to "close settlement" in the whole of the Mandated territory [Palestine]. The Jewish right of settlement in Palestine west of the Jordan river, that is, in Israel, the West Bank, Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, was made unassailable.

That right has never been terminated and cannot be terminated except by a recognized peace between Israel and its neighbors. And perhaps not even then, in view of Article 80 of the U.N. Charter, "the Palestine article," which provides that "nothing in the Charter shall be construed ... to alter in any manner the rights whatsoever of any states or any peoples or the terms of existing international instruments....
Resolved: are the settlements legal? Israeli West Bank policies

This post needs a quote of its own, and a possible thread of its own.

Forum List

Back