Israel has NEVER been defeated, on the battlefield anyway....

For years to come military tacticians will be debating whether Israel or Hezbollah won the recent border war. Although I am former US Marine, I am no military expert, so I will leave that debate to those more qualified. But it doesn't take an expert to see that Hezbollah won the PR war, hands down. The problem is that Israel has finally learned to fight wars like the United States. And that was her downfall in this conflict.

How can Israel redeem itself and protect its people when Hezbollah starts firing the rockets again (as it will do as soon as Iran and Syria rearm it)? Israel must keep her eye on the target - Hezbollah. She should stop looking at polls and the media, and it should stop listening to "international opinion" (whatever that is). The leaders of Israel and the military are responsible for the very lives of its six million citizens. If Israel is to survive, she must clean out the snake pit Lebanon has been allowed to become. She must not stop killing snakes until every Hezbollah terrorist is dead or captured.

WEBCommentary(tm) - Israel Loses its First War

A good commentary but one can truly say that Hezbollah won the PR war IF all one does is look at the Hezbollah side. If one looks at both cases, then clearly the only PR war that Hezbollah won was preaching to the converted.

Anyone who sees the resultant devastation of Lebanon as a PR win is in error.

I agree that a new Hezbollah initiated attack comes. This time I also agree that the gloves need to be fully off for the upcoming war.

For years to come military tacticians will be debating whether Israel or Hezbollah won the recent border war. Although I am former US Marine, I am no military expert, so I will leave that debate to those more qualified. But it doesn't take an expert to see that Hezbollah won the PR war, hands down. The problem is that Israel has finally learned to fight wars like the United States. And that was her downfall in this conflict.

How can Israel redeem itself and protect its people when Hezbollah starts firing the rockets again (as it will do as soon as Iran and Syria rearm it)? Israel must keep her eye on the target - Hezbollah. She should stop looking at polls and the media, and it should stop listening to "international opinion" (whatever that is). The leaders of Israel and the military are responsible for the very lives of its six million citizens. If Israel is to survive, she must clean out the snake pit Lebanon has been allowed to become. She must not stop killing snakes until every Hezbollah terrorist is dead or captured.

WEBCommentary(tm) - Israel Loses its First War

A good commentary but one can truly say that Hezbollah won the PR war IF all one does is look at the Hezbollah side. If one looks at both cases, then clearly the only PR war that Hezbollah won was preaching to the converted.

Anyone who sees the resultant devastation of Lebanon as a PR win is in error.

I agree that a new Hezbollah initiated attack comes. This time I also agree that the gloves need to be fully off for the upcoming war.

Agreed.

Israel was defeated many times.

Not since 1947, champ.

Yeah but they have been at war with the Palestinians since then and have not won yet.

Jews are the only Palestinians. Romans renamed Judea, land of the Jews, "Palaestina" 500years before Muzzie intruders invaded.

No wonder you have 0 reputational points, clueless one. :lol:

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arab American Journalist Joe Farah...
There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of 1 percent of the landmass.

Palestine has never existed -- before or since -- as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.
Myths of the Middle East

Arab Commentator Azmi Bishara...
Well, I dont think there is a Palestinian nation at all. I think there is an Arab nation. I always thought so and I did not change my mind. I do not think there is a Palestinian nation, I think its a colonialist invention - Palestinian nation. When were there any Palestinians? Where did it come from? I think there is an Arab nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Greater Syria.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n5-yG-6dU[/ame]

Ohh, you mean since they blew up the King David Hotel?

The King David Hotel that was the military base for the British army, which, consequently lost its protected status?

Learn before you post, champ. You look like a fool.

I know my history, they founded the first terrorist bombings in the ME.

without getting into the fact that guerilla warfare is what this country was started on, the king david hotel was the center for british military operations. it was not a civilian target. terrorists target civilians, not military targets.

not to mention the fact that they called and told them to get out of the building because there was going to be an attack.

cause that's so something terrorists do, right?

The King David Hotel that was the military base for the British army, which, consequently lost its protected status?

Learn before you post, champ. You look like a fool.

without getting into the fact that guerilla warfare is what this country was started on, the king david hotel was the center for british military operations. it was not a civilian target. terrorists target civilians, not military targets.

not to mention the fact that they called and told them to get out of the building because there was going to be an attack.

Valid points, however they were at best "enemy combatants" since no recognized govt backed them nor was there a state of war.

Valid points, however they were at best "enemy combatants" since no recognized govt backed them nor was there a state of war.

thank you.

i could be wrong, but i suspect the term 'enemy combatants' came later. every nation starts the same way. israelis did it as humanely as possible. they were made certain promises and they expected britain to live up to those promises.

Balfour Declaration of 1917 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The British govt backed the British army and the British army was, in effect, at war with the Jews, having installed the terrorist Mufti and having worked to derail the Palestine Mandate to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine and in having trained the Arab armies in preparation for the '48 War.

Open a history book, squirt.

The British govt backed the British army and the British army was, in effect, at war with the Jews, having installed the terrorist Mufti and having worked to derail the Palestine Mandate to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine and in having trained the Arab armies in preparation for the '48 War.

I did and the Jews had not declared war on England. Nor did they even have a nation to be able to declare war. However I may agree with their intents or goals.
Wars are between nations. Or has AQ declared a valid war against the USA?

different backgrounds and intents but the same legal status.

I did and the Jews had not declared war on England. Nor did they even have a nation to be able to declare war. However I may agree with their intents or goals.
Wars are between nations. Or has AQ declared a valid war against the USA?

different backgrounds and intents but the same legal status.

No, you didn't open a history book. The British army, in effect, was at war with the Jews for the reasons I just outlined.

Now, run along, kid.

thank you.

i could be wrong, but i suspect the term 'enemy combatants' came later. every nation starts the same way. israelis did it as humanely as possible. they were made certain promises and they expected britain to live up to those promises.

Balfour Declaration of 1917 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Britain promise independent states to the Arabs then it turned around and promised a homeland for the Jews to the Zionists. Both sides believed that Britain reneged on it promise. Britain left without turning sovereignty over to anyone.

Forum List

Back