Islam isn't a threat....

Haters gotta hate. The fear-driven reactionaries used to channel their innate hatred toward Communism. Today's target is no longer a political ideology but a faith. And that's more dire for our society. The haters want to paint one of this world's great faiths as inherently evil, just like the counterparts of the haters did inGermany circa 1939.
It is a political ideology.
It (Islam) is a religion. Some criminals use a veneer of Islam to perpetuate crimes against humanity. Some woefully ignorant, isolated and generally incurious people cannot make that clear distinction.
No, it's an entire system where politics, law and religion are entwined. It's a whole ideological system, where religion is one aspect.
If that conclusion was true, it would apply equally to all Muslims around the entire world. But it doesn't.

Another inept stab at understanding Islam. Or is it a clumsy attempt to rationalize Islam without enough information?

You aren't going to understand Islam and its effects living here in the West 10,000 miles away from it. Nor are Muslims living as minorities a good representative of what they're like when they are the majority.

Why don't you ask a non Muslim who has lived among them, what the religion is all about, and whether it's tolerant and peaceful like they claim. Ask yourself, which Muslim nations are more tolerant towards minorities, those that are religious, or those that are ruled by secular rulers, even if they are brutal dictators.
Might not the same criticisms, the same judgments and the same characteristics be said of any faith? Ask a homosexual about the tolerance of some American 'Chrisyians'. Ask a minority about the tolerance of the Orthodox Jews.

The mirror of society held up before any religious group would bear the same reflection.

It is a political ideology.
It (Islam) is a religion. Some criminals use a veneer of Islam to perpetuate crimes against humanity. Some woefully ignorant, isolated and generally incurious people cannot make that clear distinction.
No, it's an entire system where politics, law and religion are entwined. It's a whole ideological system, where religion is one aspect.
If that conclusion was true, it would apply equally to all Muslims around the entire world. But it doesn't.

Another inept stab at understanding Islam. Or is it a clumsy attempt to rationalize Islam without enough information?

You aren't going to understand Islam and its effects living here in the West 10,000 miles away from it. Nor are Muslims living as minorities a good representative of what they're like when they are the majority.

Why don't you ask a non Muslim who has lived among them, what the religion is all about, and whether it's tolerant and peaceful like they claim. Ask yourself, which Muslim nations are more tolerant towards minorities, those that are religious, or those that are ruled by secular rulers, even if they are brutal dictators.
Might not the same criticisms, the same judgments and the same characteristics be said of any faith? Ask a homosexual about the tolerance of some American 'Chrisyians'. Ask a minority about the tolerance of the Orthodox Jews.

The mirror of society held up before any religious group would bear the same reflection.

You actually are making zero sense now. Western societies are tolerant of minorities, and as far as gays, well they aren't hanging them, and neither is there a state sanctioned policy of persecution as there are with Muslim countries.

Epic fail.

Can someone please tell us why leftists aren't eating their soiled underwear over this govt. sanctioned apartheid and intolerance by Muslims on non Muslims?

Non%2BMuslims.jpg

waytomecca2.jpg

non-muslim-road-junction-to-the-holy-sites-mecca-and-medina-in-saudi-AEK2C6.jpg

moslemsonly.jpg

140121_nazareth.jpg

One lefty whose seeing sense:
After a day in which the news was mostly dominated by the terrorist attack in France that claimed 12 lives, I felt numb much of the day. Not just because of the shooting, but because it’s becoming increasingly difficult for me to do something that I’ve done steadfastly for many years. That is, defend Muslims from those who ignorantly attack and bash them. I’ll be honest, as badly as I want to stand in the face of some right-wing radical who’s proclaiming that Islam is a violent, hateful religion and tell them that they’re an idiot and nothing but an ignorant jackass – I don’t know if I can say that and still honestly mean it.

Read more at: I'm Running Out of Ways to Defend Islam

Can someone please tell us why leftists aren't eating their soiled underwear over this govt. sanctioned apartheid and intolerance by Muslims on non Muslims?

Non%2BMuslims.jpg

waytomecca2.jpg

moslemsonly.jpg

140121_nazareth.jpg

Yeah that is horrible. Thank God you spent time finding those.

Tell me- are those signs why people like you are so terrified of all Muslims?

What I love about the RWNJ predictable anti-Muslim rants is that they are just as typical as Kosher- for creating a story about a Muslim threat- because a Jewish man was attacked in New York City by an African American.

Blame it on the Muslims.

That is all of your mottoes.

Non%2BMuslims.jpg

waytomecca2.jpg

moslemsonly.jpg

140121_nazareth.jpg

I'll tell you that you're ignorant, clueless, terrorist worshipping Islam apologist.

What I love about the RWNJ predictable anti-Muslim rants is that they are just as typical as Kosher- for creating a story about a Muslim threat- because a Jewish man was attacked in New York City by an African American.

Blame it on the Muslims.

Oh wait, you're sure that he wasn't a Moooslem just like you were sure that San Bernardino wasn't an Islamic terrorist attack, right?

You actually are making zero sense now. Western societies are tolerant of minorities, and as far as gays, well they aren't hanging them, and neither is there a state sanctioned policy of persecution as there are with Muslim countries.

Epic fail.

mmmmm yes...there is - Uganda and several other African non-Muslim countries. In general - gays don't fare well in Africa.

Non%2BMuslims.jpg

waytomecca2.jpg

moslemsonly.jpg

140121_nazareth.jpg

I'll tell you that you're ignorant, clueless, terrorist worshipping Islam apologist.

Well you are used to telling lies.

Blame it on the Muslims.

Oh wait, you're sure that he wasn't a Moooslem just like you were sure that San Bernardino wasn't an Islamic terrorist attack, right?

Oh you confuse me with a RWNJ like yourself.

See- when I hear that a black man assaulted a Jewish man in the street in NYC- I don't automatically assume that the attacker was a Muslim terrorist.

Like in San Bernadino- I wait to find out what the facts are before coming to my conclusions.

Something foreign to a RWNJ like yourself.

Blame it on the Muslims.

Oh you confuse me with a RWNJ like yourself.

See- when I hear that a black man assaulted a Jewish man in the street in NYC- I don't automatically assume that the attacker was a Muslim terrorist.

Like in San Bernadino- I wait to find out what the facts are before coming to my conclusions.

Something foreign to a RWNJ like yourself.

That's because you are an ignorant nutjob. San Bernardino had the signatures of an Islamist terrorist attack from the very beginning.

Forum List

Back