Islam forbids

Try to keep up and pay attention Mr. Fitnah.

I was responding to this statement:

"Islam forbids just about everything that is American".

What is your opinion on the new fashion [in the Arab world] of people wearing caps with a visor in front [i.e., baseball caps]?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim to imitate the kuffaar in his dress. If wearing these caps or anything else is one of their distinguishing features and something for which they are well are known and by which they are distinguished from others, then it is not permissible for the Muslim to wear those things. But if it serves some purpose and it is not something that belongs exclusively to the kuffaar, such as hats worn for work on building sites or in other workplaces, which are worn to protect the head and shade the eyes from the sun, there is nothing wrong with doing that. But if the hat is worn with the visor to the side or the back, this is not appropriate for the Muslim youth.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Just because one Imam says that he doesn't think the youth should wear ball caps sideways on their heads.

Doesn't make it a hard core ruling that all muslims must obey.

Heck, I were a ball cap my self. But the bill is facing forward.

I have heard famous christian preachers rail against sideways hats and drooping pants.

But that doesn't make it a ruling that all christians must obey.

Personally, I think it looks retarded, and would never hire a kid for my business that wore his hat sideways.

Mr. Fitnah, your veiled questions and accusations against Islam and Muslims is getting very tedious and basically boring.

So unless you have something of substance or interest to address.

I am going to bow out of this useless dialogue.

Sunni Man, as politely as I can ask, aren't Muslims supposed to obey their Imams?

Aren't they the ones that can call jihad?

Andrew McCarthy, the lead prosecutor of the Blind Sheik said he used to believe all the talk about how Islam was peaceful until he interviewed a lot of moderate Muslims regarding his case against the blind sheik. He asked them when warlike jihad would be justified.

They answered when the Imam's (like the terrorist blind sheik) said so.

These were the peaceful moderate Muslims.

gomer pyle: surprise surprise surprise

What is your opinion on the new fashion [in the Arab world] of people wearing caps with a visor in front [i.e., baseball caps]?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim to imitate the kuffaar in his dress. If wearing these caps or anything else is one of their distinguishing features and something for which they are well are known and by which they are distinguished from others, then it is not permissible for the Muslim to wear those things. But if it serves some purpose and it is not something that belongs exclusively to the kuffaar, such as hats worn for work on building sites or in other workplaces, which are worn to protect the head and shade the eyes from the sun, there is nothing wrong with doing that. But if the hat is worn with the visor to the side or the back, this is not appropriate for the Muslim youth.

Just because one Imam says that he doesn't think the youth should wear ball caps sideways on their heads.

I have heard famous christian preachers rail against sideways hats and drooping pants.

Personally, I think it looks retarded, and would never hire a kid for my business that wore his hat sideways.

Mr. Fitnah, your veiled questions and accusations against Islam and Muslims is getting very tedious and basically boring.

Sunni Man, as politely as I can ask, aren't Muslims supposed to obey their Imams?

Andrew McCarthy, the lead prosecutor of the Blind Sheik said he used to believe all the talk about how Islam was peaceful until he interviewed a lot of moderate Muslims regarding his case against the blind sheik. He asked them when warlike jihad would be justified.

Isn't it ironic that you take issue with above...yet you believe, based on your religion, that everyone who does not believe in Jesus, will burn in hell for all of eternity?

Praise be to Allaah.

JenT when I first read your post.

I was inclined to answer because said that you want to politely ask a question.

Then you went into a rant, that ended with a mocking quote from Gomer Pyle.

So which is it?

Serious question or more of your railing against Islam?

Isn't it ironic that you take issue with above...yet you believe, based on your religion, that everyone who does not believe in Jesus, will burn in hell for all of eternity?

Just discussing the facts, Xotoxi, I believe imams are supposed to be obeyed, and in a little more compelling terms than say a Christian to a priest. What I wrote prior to this post had nothing to do wtih my opinion, did it?

JenT when I first read your post.

I was inclined to answer because said that you want to politely ask a question.

Then you went into a rant, that ended with a mocking quote from Gomer Pyle.

So which is it?

Serious question or more of your railing against Islam?

Rant? really? I thought that was just personality :eusa_drool: and Gomer Pyle was just for voice effect.

I started my post with a question and added the facts as I knew them. Don't tell me that isn't done elsewhere, is it?

Asking and sharing what I know, that's a "discussion".

Lets get this back on track.
Muslims like to say Islam forbids the killing on innocent people,
Please prove non muslims ( disbelievers) are innocent according to scripture.
This should be easy enough, since so many muslims say it.

(...and Al-Fitnah AKA "Spreading Mischief" is worse than killing.)

I; as an infidel to Islam, am not innocent

Let me get this straight....Believeing that AFTER someone dies they may suffer for bad choices made in life is the same as murdering people to punish them for bad choices in life? Is that REALLY what you are arguing?

What do you base that belief on?

Ohh I don't know, car bombings, suicide attacks, riots over cartoons, stoning women, etc etc etc....
You mean like bombing of abortion clinics and the systematic rape of underage girls in rural Utah ?

want to show me where it says to do that in the Bible?

then do you really want the verses in the Koran to be scrutinized?

If you want to blame a religion, then LOOK at what the holy books say, not what's done in the name of that religion, or what our government wants us to believe about that religion, but how the religion defines itself.

Let me get this straight....Believeing that AFTER someone dies they may suffer for bad choices made in life is the same as murdering people to punish them for bad choices in life? Is that REALLY what you are arguing?
In the minds of those who believe in life after death it's just about the same thing.

Lets get this back on track.
Muslims like to say Islam forbids the killing on innocent people,
Please prove non muslims ( disbelievers) are innocent according to scripture.
This should be easy enough, since so many muslims say it.

Just discussing the facts, Xotoxi, I believe imams are supposed to be obeyed, and in a little more compelling terms than say a Christian to a priest. What I wrote prior to this post had nothing to do wtih my opinion, did it?

Okay...

Then let's just strip it down to the bare bones so I can make my point.

I find it ironic that you comment on the supposed violent tendencies of Islam and how Islam encourages violence, death, destruction, and murder of "infidels".....

Yet you also believe, based on your religion, that everyone who does not believe in Jesus, will burn in hell for all of eternity...a fate worse than death.

So, which fate would you find more horrific: being murdered as an infidel, or spending eternity at the right hand of Satan?

If you choose the latter, then that is the fate to which your religion, to which your holy book, is condemning the majority of humans on this Earth.

Ohh I don't know, car bombings, suicide attacks, riots over cartoons, stoning women, etc etc etc....
You mean like bombing of abortion clinics and the systematic rape of underage girls in rural Utah ?

want to show me where it says to do that in the Bible?

then do you really want the verses in the Koran to be scrutinized?

If you want to blame a religion, then LOOK at what the holy books say, not what's done in the name of that religion, or what our government wants us to believe about that religion, but how the religion defines itself.

Truth.

Compare the tenents of the faiths: Islam vs. Christianity.

If one turns the other cheek and returns love for hate, one is adhering to the tenents of Christ's teachings.

If one insists that others must submit to his religion, and does so by deciet, force, violence, jizyah, etc., one is adhering to the tenents of Islam.

Everyone please keep in mind that the Islamic definition of the word "persecution" does NOT hold the same meaning as it does in our dictionary

Just an FYI

What do you base that belief on?

Theo Van Gogh murdered, for his "Submission" Movie
By a man diagnosed with severe depression and psychosis. Funny how when Muslims do crazy things it's because of their religion but if a Christian or a Jew does something similar it's because they are crazy. A double standard, don't you think?

Forum List

Back