Islam and WWII

Status
Not open for further replies.
i, of course, assumed that your "connection with the nazis" meant there was support from islam of the nazis, particularly since you have only provided examples of muslims cooperating and collaborating with the nazis.

You assumed incorrectly. I do not believe that Islam embraced Nazism. I have stated this repeatedly. My contention and my premise for this debate is to prove the historical connection between the Nazis and the use of Islam during WWII.

Now why on earth would I provide examples of "mohammed six pack" not collaborating with the Nazis?

:lol:

Instead I am proving and shall continue to prove how Islam was used in WWII as a tool for the Nazis; and how an extraordinarily powerful figure in Islam, the Grand Mufti joyfully collaborated with the Nazis in recruitment missions and in propagandizing.

AND it matters not what scale of success their plan had. Not at all.

The point was that this was part of the Nazi - Pan Arab idealogues' tactics in WWII.

well, you really leave me no choice but to concede this LECTURE. your "islam's historical connection with the NAZIs", which has morphed into a NAZI pan-arab ideologue, consists exactly of a relatively minor muslim figure's highly unsuccessful attempt to lend support to hitler, (a point i had conceded even before the "debate" began) against a country he had been fighting long berore hitler even showed on the scene?

what a waste of time.

Last edited:
Going to have brunch. And never fear; I shall address your questions.

the particular question i asked earlier today/this morning merely required a "yes" or "no" answer. that is all i waanted. what? are you waiting for some coach, getting more chairs, calling an EMT for me, reading a comic with a DVD of WWE in the background?. what?

simce then i have asked a few more, sure, but start with the one about papal infallibility and christian beliefs.

I can't speak for all Christians but I personally don't believe in Papal infallibility. And I will meet you back here at 7pm central.

i, of course, assumed that your "connection with the nazis" meant there was support from islam of the nazis, particularly since you have only provided examples of muslims cooperating and collaborating with the nazis.

You assumed incorrectly. I do not believe that Islam embraced Nazism. I have stated this repeatedly. My contention and my premise for this debate is to prove the historical connection between the Nazis and the use of Islam during WWII.

Now why on earth would I provide examples of "mohammed six pack" not collaborating with the Nazis?

Instead I am proving and shall continue to prove how Islam was used in WWII as a tool for the Nazis; and how an extraordinarily powerful figure in Islam, the Grand Mufti joyfully collaborated with the Nazis in recruitment missions and in propagandizing.

The point was that this was part of the Nazi - Pan Arab idealogues' tactics in WWII.

well, you really leave me no choice but to concede this LECTURE. your "islam's historical connection with the NAZIs", which has morphed into a NAZI pan-arab ideologue, consists exactly of a relatively minor muslim figure's highly unsuccessful attempt to lend support to hitler, (a point i had conceded even before the "debate" began) against a country he had been fighting long berore hitler even showed on the scene?

what a waste of time.

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist? We are engaged in formal debate.

You have your style I have mine. See you at 7pm. :)

Going to have brunch. And never fear; I shall address your questions.

the particular question i asked earlier today/this morning merely required a "yes" or "no" answer. that is all i waanted. what? are you waiting for some coach, getting more chairs, calling an EMT for me, reading a comic with a DVD of WWE in the background?. what?

simce then i have asked a few more, sure, but start with the one about papal infallibility and christian beliefs.

I can't speak for all Christians but I personally don't believe in Papal infallibility. And I will meet you back here at 7pm central.

so, you can speak for islam but you cannot speak for christianity.

i will ask again, and all it requires is a yes or no answer. do you think that CHRISTIANS believe in papal infallibility?

what a waste of time.

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist? We are engaged in formal debate.

You have your style I have mine. See you at 7pm. :)

my knickers are fine, thank you.

this is not a formaal debate of any sort. formal debates do not occur in bull rings.

you have failed miserably in answering one single question i have asked.

you have refused to answer any question i have asked.

this is a lecture you are delivering.

what is even beyond all credulity is you have actually managed to go backwards from the haj amin al-husseini concession i had made originally by saying it did not matter that his propaganda was unsuccessful amongst muslims.

7:00 PM...i will be here when i get here. i am not about to live my life on your schedule.

i have given you plenty to do. here is another. what percentage of the islamic world did this "extraordinarily powerful figure in the muslim world", al-husseini, represent?

i will ask again, and all it requires is a yes or no answer. do you think that CHRISTIANS believe in papal infallibility?

I never claimed to speak for Islam. Ever. You are the one claiming I am. That would be a lie.

I am debating using historical documentation.

I don't claim to speak for Christianity. I have no idea how this pertains to the debate.

But I'll indulge you. I don't think that the Christian world in general would believe in Papal infallibility because there are so many different sects that make up Christianity.

See you at 7pm.

I never claimed to speak for Islam. Ever. You are the one claiming I am. That would be a lie.

I am debating using historical documentation.

I don't claim to speak for Christianity. I have no idea how this pertains to the debate.

But I'll indulge you. I don't think that the Christian world in general would believe in Papal infallibility because there are so many different sects that make up Christianity.

See you at 7pm.

well, you seem to be speaking for mislam in your claim of some sort of historical connection.

the christianity question had a purpose. i can exploain later.

you are not debating. you are lecturing and you are being very vague about what you are debating about.

i will ask another very simple question. are you trying to prove the historical connection between islam and the nazis?

This is called a rebuttal:

You stated this:

you gave me a timeline of al-husseini's activities from about 1940 on
I gave you an earlier outline but I'll give it again in more detail.

Very quickly here let's address this fallacy of yours that the Grand Mufti was a relatively minor Muslim figure.

Husseini came from an old family of nobles. His father in fact was a Grand Mufti of Jerusalem in the days of the Ottoman Empire. Tahir al Husseini.

He went to University in Cairo. We're speaking of the early 1900's here. This shows he came from nobility to receive this level of education.

At Al Azhar University he studied Islamic Jurisprudence. At Dar al-Dawa wal-Ershad a school founded by a Syrian member of the Salafi sect. This is supposedly where he got his Practical Revolutionary 101 degree.

Then he goes onto the College of Literature of Cairo University and then he goes even further with his education in Istanbul where he attends the Ottoman School for Administrators. This level of education combined with his stature from a noble family already sets him apart in this part of the world.

After a brief stint in the Ottoman Army, he gets a pass from the British and they give him the position of Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

It's a big deal. He's not a nobody. He's not minor player. Husseini is basically becoming a ruler. Then on top of all of this he's elected the President of the Supreme Muslim Council and he's really made it to the top. He's in charge of financial disbursements, appointing judges and teachers.

On top of all that, Husseini's in charge of the Holy sites including the Al-Aqsa Mosque oh and just for extra good measure to up his stature even more, the Sunnis consider the Grand Mufti to be the chief religious authority in Jerusalem.

Not your average rinky dink player for crying out loud. It looks like there's no glass ceiling for him till he blows it during the Arab Revolt of 1936 to 1939.

Nonetheless, he's basically ruling the area from 1922 to 1937 till he had to bail.

But he doesn't fade into obscurity. Hell no. The Grand Mufti moves onto the Kingdom of Iraq, helps start a revolution, granted they end up losing and eventually then gets bailed out to Italy.

And the rest is history.

The key to all of this you see, is not what you think of him, or I think of him.

Historically he was a very high ranking individual within the Arab world and the Axis firmly believed he could assist in delivering the middle east to them in WWII.

It doesn't matter that all their plans failed. Mussolini and Hitler both believed in his power and they collaborated.

It's not the Grand Mufti's fault that the Axis lost.

maybe you should define what you mean by "islam", what you meaan by "historical connection."

also, maybe you could explain, if you are not trying to prove islam's support for the NAZIs, why you admit to trying to prove islam's support for the NAZIs?

You stated this:

Very quickly here let's address this fallacy of yours that the Grand Mufti was a relatively minor Muslim figure.

Husseini came from an old family of nobles. His father in fact was a Grand Mufti of Jerusalem in the days of the Ottoman Empire. Tahir al Husseini.

He went to University in Cairo. We're speaking of the early 1900's here. This shows he came from nobility to receive this level of education.

At Al Azhar University he studied Islamic Jurisprudence. At Dar al-Dawa wal-Ershad a school founded by a Syrian member of the Salafi sect. This is supposedly where he got his Practical Revolutionary 101 degree.

Then he goes onto the College of Literature of Cairo University and then he goes even further with his education in Istanbul where he attends the Ottoman School for Administrators. This level of education combined with his stature from a noble family already sets him apart in this part of the world.

After a brief stint in the Ottoman Army, he gets a pass from the British and they give him the position of Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

It's a big deal. He's not a nobody. He's not minor player. Husseini is basically becoming a ruler. Then on top of all of this he's elected the President of the Supreme Muslim Council and he's really made it to the top. He's in charge of financial disbursements, appointing judges and teachers.

On top of all that, Husseini's in charge of the Holy sites including the Al-Aqsa Mosque oh and just for extra good measure to up his stature even more, the Sunnis consider the Grand Mufti to be the chief religious authority in Jerusalem.

Not your average rinky dink player for crying out loud. It looks like there's no glass ceiling for him till he blows it during the Arab Revolt of 1936 to 1939.

Nonetheless, he's basically ruling the area from 1922 to 1937 till he had to bail.

But he doesn't fade into obscurity. Hell no. The Grand Mufti moves onto the Kingdom of Iraq, helps start a revolution, granted they end up losing and eventually then gets bailed out to Italy.

And the rest is history.

The key to all of this you see, is not what you think of him, or I think of him.

Historically he was a very high ranking individual within the Arab world and the Axis firmly believed he could assist in delivering the middle east to them in WWII.

It doesn't matter that all their plans failed. Mussolini and Hitler both believed in his power and they collaborated.

i asked for numbers.

how many muslims did he represent?

if he was so influential, why did he fail?

woulodn't his failure be more indicative of islam's historical connection with the nazis?

so where aare we...yes...islam's historical connection with the NAZIs consists of one relatively unimportant cleric's failed attempts to solicit muslim aid for the NAZIs.

look, why don't you just be honest with me. you have had no iintention to show islam's historic relation with the NAZIs. wht you are trying to prove is that islam supported the NAZIs. most of us see that, despite your claims to the contrary.

Last edited:
maybe you should define what you mean by "islam", what you meaan by "historical connection."

also, maybe you could explain, if you are not trying to prove islam's support for the NAZIs, why you admit to trying to prove islam's support for the NAZIs?

Islam as faith and traditions based on the Koran and hadiths of course. And of course Muslim society.

Historical connection would be the undeniable use of propaganda via radio and leaflets to influence the Arab world using a hybrid version of Nazi ideals and cherry picked Islamist visions basically zeroing in on anti Jewish sentiments and anti Allied sentiments.

And I've never said that Islam supported the Nazis. That's a fabrication.

My intent is very clear. See post #4.

It is my intention in this debate to prove Islam's direct historical ties to the Nazis and Hitler.

I will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Nazi propaganda machine collaborated with Arab exiles to pervert portions of the Koran and how traditions of Islam were used by both the Nazis and the exiles in their incessant broadcasts to the Arab world.

You stated this:

And the rest is history.

i asked for numbers.

how many muslims did he represent?

if he was so influential, why did he fail?

woulodn't his failure be more indicative of islam's historical connection with the nazis?

so where aare we...yes...islam's historical connection with the NAZIs consists of one relatively unimportant cleric's failed attempts to solicit muslim aid for the NAZIs.

look, why don't you just be honest with me. you have had no iintention to show islam's historic relation with the NAZIs. wht you are trying to prove is that islam supported the NAZIs. most of us see that, despite your claims to the contrary.

It appears you have no intent of truly debating.

Your argument is fool hardy.

For example Hitler had a massive army. An extremely awesome killer force. Fabulous strategists. And yet they lost. He was influential to the detriment of many. And yet Hitler failed.

And to call the Grand Mufti an unimportant cleric reveals your ignorance of this highly regarded man.

Now I may not be a fan of his fan club, but his admirers ranged from the al - Banna and the Muslim Brotherhood to Arafat and to leaders of this century.

He was lionized when he escaped French custody after the war and returned to the middle east.

Islam as faith and traditions based on the Koran and hadiths of course. And of course Muslim society.

Historical connection would be the undeniable use of propaganda via radio and leaflets to influence the Arab world using a hybrid version of Nazi ideals and cherry picked Islamist visions basically zeroing in on anti Jewish sentiments and anti Allied sentiments.

It is my intention in this debate to prove Islam's direct historical ties to the Nazis and Hitler.

I will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Nazi propaganda machine collaborated with Arab exiles to pervert portions of the Koran and how traditions of Islam were used by both the Nazis and the exiles in their incessant broadcasts to the Arab world.

no...you are not going to pull that switch on me.

you have equated "islam" (as in "islam's historic connection with the nazis") with arab exiles and you have further said that this minescule number of arab exiles have pervertedd islam (as in "islam's histoyic connection to the nazis") to their own ends.

furthermore, you have stated that this minescule amount of arab exciles were not successful in their attempts.

you have, rather successfully, proved exactly the opposite of what you set out to prove.

you have equated "islam" (as in "islam's historic connection with the nazis") with arab exiles and you have further said that this minescule number of arab exiles have pervertedd islam (as in "islam's histoyic connection to the nazis") to their own ends.

furthermore, you have stated that this minescule amount of arab exciles were not successful in their attempts.

you have, rather successfully, proved exactly the opposite of what you set out to prove.

You are insane.

Because to think that just because this collaboration between Nazis and these high ranking Arab exiles didn't bear fruit, does not mean that the collaboration and the effort didn't exist.

There is no logic whatsoever in that. The collaboration existed. Thousands of broadcasts and thousands and thousands of pamphlets and leaflets.

Radio broadcasts wiki source
From wiki:

Matthias Küntzel has suggested that the decisive transfer of Jewish conspiracy theory took place between 1937 and 1945 under the impact of Nazi propaganda targeted at the Arab world.

According to Kuntzel, the Nazi Arabic radio service had a staff of 80 and broadcast every day in Arabic, stressing the similarities between Islam and Nazism and supported by the activities of the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husayni (who broadcast pro-Nazi propaganda from Berlin).

The Nazi regime also provided funding to the Egyptian Moslem Brotherhood, which began calling for boycotts of Jewish businesses in 1936.

Bernard Lewis also describes Nazi influence in the Arab world, including its impact on Michel Aflaq (a Christian), the principal founder of ba'athist thought (which later dominated Syria and Iraq).

After the promulgation of the Nuremberg Laws, Hitler received telegrams of congratulation from all over the Arab and Muslim world, especially from Morocco and Palestine, where the Nazi propaganda had been most active... ...

Before long political parties of the Nazi and Fascist type began to appear, complete with paramilitary youth organizations, colored shirts, strict discipline and more or less charismatic leaders

Antisemitism in the Arab world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I may not like what the Grand Mufti stood for. But he was to his people a great and powerful man from Palestine who spent his whole life trying to win their statehood.

I can recognize this.

I find it appalling that you seek to demean the Grand Mufti.

I had to come back and add this.

The Grand Mufti was revered by his fellow Muslims. And he still is to this day. Husseini was admired by Mussolini, Hitler and Himmler.

He was so feared by the Allies that they set up their own propaganda campaigns to counter the Grand Mufti.

But some poster on the USMB Message board is trying to make the argument that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was just some two bit rinky dink loser cleric.

Wow. Just wow.

Last edited:
I would like to take a short break now Connery; when I return at 9pm I will begin to document the Nazi - Arab propaganda machinery.

I may not like what the Grand Mufti stood for. But he was to his people a great and powerful man from Palestine who spent his whole life trying to win their statehood.

I can recognize this.

I find it appalling that you seek to demean the Grand Mufti.

i am not dismissing him at all. i think he is a worthy andd great hero to his people who, because he is palestinian and because zionists/jews have a need to demonise him because of his ethnicity, they exaggerate his connection with hitler for that purpose, and ignore his long struggle against british (and subsequently jewish europeans) colonialism.

but, give me numbers. numbers are proof. what pecentage of muslims did al-husseini represent in his unsuccessful attempt to influence the islamic world to nazis. how many muslims were in the wehrmacht, whicvch had a peaak strength od 20,000,000, i believe.

I would like to take a short break now Connery; when I return at 9pm I will begin to document the Nazi - Arab propaganda machinery.

too funny, connery lingering around in the background feeding you, and volunteering to be a judge.

i don't have a problem. bring him in on your team.

You are insane.

Because to think that just because this collaboration between Nazis and these high ranking Arab exiles didn't bear fruit, does not mean that the collaboration and the effort didn't exist.

There is no logic whatsoever in that. The collaboration existed. Thousands of broadcasts and thousands and thousands of pamphlets and leaflets.

Radio broadcasts wiki source
From wiki:

Matthias Küntzel has suggested that the decisive transfer of Jewish conspiracy theory took place between 1937 and 1945 under the impact of Nazi propaganda targeted at the Arab world.

According to Kuntzel, the Nazi Arabic radio service had a staff of 80 and broadcast every day in Arabic, stressing the similarities between Islam and Nazism and supported by the activities of the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husayni (who broadcast pro-Nazi propaganda from Berlin).

The Nazi regime also provided funding to the Egyptian Moslem Brotherhood, which began calling for boycotts of Jewish businesses in 1936.

Bernard Lewis also describes Nazi influence in the Arab world, including its impact on Michel Aflaq (a Christian), the principal founder of ba'athist thought (which later dominated Syria and Iraq).

After the promulgation of the Nuremberg Laws, Hitler received telegrams of congratulation from all over the Arab and Muslim world, especially from Morocco and Palestine, where the Nazi propaganda had been most active... ...

Before long political parties of the Nazi and Fascist type began to appear, complete with paramilitary youth organizations, colored shirts, strict discipline and more or less charismatic leaders

Antisemitism in the Arab world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from the same source...

For most of the past fourteen hundred years, according to Bernard Lewis, Arabs have not been antisemitic as the word is used in the West. In his view this is because, for the most part, Arabs are not Christians brought up on stories of Jewish deicide. In Islam, such stories are rejected by the Qur'an as a blasphemous absurdity. Since Muslims do not consider themselves as the "true Israel", they do not feel threatened by the survival of Jews. Because Islam did not retain the Old Testament, no clash of interpretations between the two faiths can therefore arise. There is, says Lewis, no Muslim theological dispute between their religious institutions and the Jews.[3]

While there were antisemitic incidents in the early twentieth century, antisemitism has increased dramatically as a result of the Arab-Israeli conflict. After the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the Palestinian exodus, the creation of the state of Israel, and Israeli victories during the wars of 1956 and 1967 were a severe humiliation to the Arabs.[4] The situation of the Jews in the Middle East worsened and almost all fled or were expelled from most Arab and Muslim countries. By the 1980s, according to Bernard Lewis, the volume of antisemitic literature published in the Arab world, and the authority of its sponsors, seemed to suggest that classical antisemitism had become an essential part of Arab intellectual life, considerably more than in late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century France, and to a degree that has been compared to Nazi Germany.[5]

the sword also means clean-ness+death. (el aurens. beidh ar la linn.)

you seem to be encountering some difficulty differentiating between the islamic faith and the arab thbicity

you continue to cut the islamic world in half.

sixty seven percent, give or take, of christians believe in, or support, papal infallibility. the reason i asked that question is to get some sort of threshold as to what you consider support when the time comes, or has long past, for you to begin to quantify things.

Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

while we are here and as to your claim that you are only trying to show "islam's historical connection with hitler and the nazis" and your denials that you are not trying to show islam's support of the nazis...

"If I'm trying to prove a point why on earth should I go down paths to prove there were Muslim leaders that didn't support the Nazis.

That's stupid. So of course my presentation is going to be one sided. Good grief."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6919602-post54.html

we are in agreement at least with the "Good grief" portion of this discussion.

are you some sort of octopus? i mean, how many feet do you have left to shoot?

you are not proving a point. you are pursuing an agenda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back