Islam and WWII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
what this is actually is pretty ridiculous, and i have no idea how it works, but if this is the approach, i don't like it already.

surely this will prove nothing except that a bright, knowledgeable jewish woman can wipe up the floor with a poor, ignorant, drunk, papist paddy.

here is what you will hit me with to your claim that islam supported hitler...amin al-husseini. perhaps you may be able to find a couple of more islamic leaders who formed minor liasons with the NAZIs.

what i will do is explain that al-husseini is a man who had fought for for arab/palestinian nationalism and against european colonialism since long before hitler rose to power and i will point out further that in al-husseini's "relationship" with hitler was based upon, as stated in his memoirs, the concept that "the enemy of your enemy is your friend" and that, as he conveyed to hitler when they met in 1941, that "'The Arabs were Germany's natural friends because they had the same enemies... namely the English, the Jews, and the Communists'.[ it should be noted that "the Jews" he to whom he was referring were the recent european immigrants who were migrating to the region since the balfour letter. i will then suggest you not confuse what you seem to think as some sort of enthsiastic support with a pragmatic indifference.

surely, surely, you don't expect al-husseini, to gasp in horror, say "hitler is killing the jews of europe. we must do everything we caan do to save these poor souls so they can come and steal our land, further displacing us.", do you.

then, i am going to hit you with the vastness of the muslim world, which stretched from west africa through the mideast into asia and parts of eastern europe. very conservatively, at the time of WWII. islam had 500,000,000 adherents, and again, very conservatively. (i am not going to go though all the population demographics at the time, but be assured, an errors in my guesstimates will substantially favour your position}. very generously, the palestinian people numbered 5,000,000 people at the time, or 1% of the islamic people.

after that, i will point out some muslim nations such as morocco, who deied hitler to protect their jewish population or albania, the only european nation to have a higher ewish population after WWII than before.

you of course will provide "proof", in all probability from propaganda sites, that muslims cooperated with hitler. i will ignore them completely because they are, guess what, propaganda sources. when asked, i will provide evidence from mainstream news and history sites.

i will conclude with an analogy saying your interpreting a muslim anti-colonialist leader's meeting with hitler as proof of islamic support of hitler would not be unlike me saying that the christian leader of a christian nation, FDR, meeting on friendly terms with joe stalin at pottsdam is evidence of christian support for stalinist communism.

and again, re our earlier exchanges, WWII was about far, far more than the holocaust of the jews and, in fact, that jews had very little to do with any of it in the grand scheme of things and you should not let your ethnocentricity skew your analysis of history.

• Banned
Debate will end Sunday, March 10 at 7:30PM Central at which time thread will be closed

islam has no central authority. it cannot support anything as a body.

the only major religion i know of that has a centrall authority is the catholic church.

i have already acknoledge that some muslim leaders supported hitler. haj amin al -husseini represented about 1,000,000 palestinians, to include christians and indigenous jews to some extent against european colonialism.

there were between 300,000,000 and 500,000,000 muslims during that period. the number varies because there were no acvcurate census data at those times.

the world population during WWII was 2.3 billion.

i rest my case.

proof is facts and opinions are not facts.

Last edited:
It is my intention in this debate to prove Islam's direct historical ties to the Nazis and Hitler.

I will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Nazi propaganda machine collaborated with Arab exiles to pervert portions of the Koran and how traditions of Islam were used by both the Nazis and the exiles in their incessant broadcasts to the Arab world.

First we have to recognize the major Muslim player in this collaboration. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

For you Seal and for others who are watching here is a brief history of this man. Seal, this was not a "one night stand" between Hitler and the Grand Mufti.

This man was not only an integral part of the Nazi propaganda machine; he also recruited Muslims for the SS.

Haj Amin al-Husseini

This man who was anti British and anti Jew first fought in WWI with the Ottoman Army, repositioned himself in Syria at the end of WWI and then moved to Palestine.

Oddly enough he was appointed Grand Mufti of Jerusalem by the First High Commissioner to Palestine, Herbert Samuel a British Jew.

This raised his profile and power dramatically in the Arab world. In 1937 during the Arab revolt the Grand Mufti was stripped of his position and to avoid an arrest warrant he fled Palestine. He first landed in Lebanon and then moved on to the Kingdom of Iraq.

That's where he really kicks into forming alliances with the Axis powers in WWII.

While in Iraq, he issued a fatwa against Britain.

"Al-Husseini used his influence and ties with the Germans to promote Arab nationalism in Iraq.

He was among the key promoters of the pan-Arab Al-Muthanna Club, and supported the coup d'état by Rashid Ali in April 1941.

The situation of Iraq's Jews rapidly deteriorated, with extortions and sometimes murders taking place.

When the Anglo-Iraqi War broke out, al-Husseini used his influence to issue a fatwa for a holy war against Britain.

As the British advanced on the capital, the Farhud pogrom in Baghdad, led by members of the Al-Muthanna Club, which had served as a conduit for German propaganda funding, erupted in June 1941, following the Iraqi defeat and the collapse of Rashid Ali's government.

The pogrom was rooted in antisemitic incitement during the preceding decade against the backdrop of the conflict between Arabs and Jews in Palestine.

When the war failed for the Iraqis - given its paucity, German and Italian assistance played a negligible role in the war -al-Husseini escaped to Persia (together with Rashid Ali), where he was granted legation asylum first by Japan, and then by Italy.

On 8 October, after the occupation of Persia by the Allies and after the new Persian government of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi severed diplomatic relations with the Axis powers, al-Husseini was taken under Italian protection and conveyed through Turkey to Axis Europe in an operation organized by Italian Military Intelligence (Servizio
Informazioni Militari, or SIM)

Haj Amin al-Husseini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And in 1941 he moved to Berlin.

Of his connections to Mussolini and Hitler, there is no doubt.

Debate will end Sunday, March 10 at 7:30PM Central at which time thread will be closed

the only major religion i know of that has a centrall authority is the catholic church.

i have already acknoledge that some muslim leaders supported hitler. haj amin al -husseini represented about 1,000,000 palestinians, to include christians and indigenous jews to some extent against european colonialism.

there were between 300,000,000 and 500,000,000 muslims during that period. the number varies because there were no acvcurate census data at those times.

i rest my case.

The problem is that you are debating a straw man here. I'm very specific with words.

The issue is Islam's direct historical ties to Hitler and the Nazis. Not that all Muslims world wide supported the Nazis.

That would be as foolish as trying to say all Catholics world wide supported the Nazis just because there was one homicidal pod of Franciscan Monks who ran a death camp.

• Banned

i rest my case.

The problem is that you are debating a straw man here. I'm very specific with words.

The issue is Islam's direct historical ties to Hitler and the Nazis. Not that all Muslims world wide supported the Nazis.

That would be as foolish as trying to say all Catholics world wide supported the Nazis just because there was one homicidal pod of Franciscan Monks who ran a death camp.

fine, i already conceded that some muslims had a connection with hitler, just as some jews (160,000 jewish soldiers in hitlers army (bryan rigg) and some catholics as well. i am not claiming judaism's direct historical ties to hitler or christianity's direct ties to hitler.

you oughta read your wiki source carefully, by the way. wiki is a good source, if you don't cherry pick.

you have successfully shown one muslim's connection with hitler. haj amin al-husseini does not represent islam any more than charles lindberg represents christianity.

try again.

Now in your OP in your own words you stated this:

you of course will provide "proof", in all probability from propaganda
sites, that muslims cooperated with hitler. i will ignore them
completely because they are, guess what, propaganda sources. when
asked, i will provide evidence from mainstream news and history sites

Muslim co-operation with Hitler is a fact. It is history. Neither of these links could be considered a "propaganda source".

From the BBC Radio 4 documentary we have this synopsis. The website is still saying that the program is not currently available, but there is no doubt that the documentary was made.

Please note the word Muslim in title. Sort of screams "muslim cooperation" don't you think?

Hitler's Muslim Legions

b00t3ybj.jpg

It was after Germany's invasion of Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union in 1941 that Hitler's attention was first drawn to the potential for Muslim recruits to swell his ranks.

For the many thousands of captured Soviet Muslims, the opportunity to serve in the Wehrmacht offered an escape from the brutality and starvation of the prison camps. Elsewhere, a major recruitment drive amongst Bosnian Muslims led to tens of thousands signing up for the Waffen-SS.

Formed into exclusive Muslim units, these men fought in some of the most brutal campaigns of the entire war.

This programme investigates why Hitler and Himmler apparently cast aside their Nazi ideal of an Aryan master race, justifying the admission of Islam into their ranks.

It asks what attracted these men to fight for the Third Reich, how they were treated by their German officers and how they conducted themselves in the bedlam of war.

Were they hopeless soldiers who committed unspeakable atrocities; or did they fight bravely for the Fuhrer?

We examine the fate of these Muslims at the end of the war. With Hitler dead and the Third Reich defeated there was nothing to protect them, and most were killed as traitors.

Presented by Julian O'Halloran.

Producer: Jennifer Chryss
A Juniper production for BBC Radio 4

BBC Radio 4 - Hitler's Muslim Legions

History Channel could not possibly be considered a "propaganda source".

Note the title carefully.

History Channels Nazi Collaborators Islam and The Grand Mufti part 1 of 2

[ame=http://youtu.be/xU7g57zFo5c]History Channels Nazi Collaborators Islam and The Grand Mufti part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

History Channels Nazi Collaborators Islam and The Grand Mufti part 2 of 2

[ame=http://youtu.be/KeZxfsmzaiY]History Channels Nazi Collaborators Islam and The Grand Mufti part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

i rest my case.

fine, i already conceded that some muslims had a connection with hitler, just as some jews (160,000 jewish soldiers in hitlers army (bryan rigg) and some catholics as well. i am not claiming judaism's direct historical ties to hitler or christianity's direct ties to hitler.

you oughta read your wiki source carefully, by the way. wiki is a good source, if you don't cherry pick.

you have successfully shown one muslim's connection with hitler. haj amin al-husseini does not represent islam any more than charles lindberg represents christianity.

try again.

There was far more than one Arab who was exiled who collaborated with the Nazis. I shall continue.

This is not just a matter of numbers of individuals involved. It was the actions taken by these collaborators who attempted in collusion with the Nazi propaganda machine to poison the minds, hearts and souls of the Arab world with their hateful rhetoric.

I do not take this issue lightly. For their legacy lives on today, and we all still pay a price one way or another for the generational damaged caused by them.

Last edited:
Now in your OP in your own words you stated this:

you of course will provide "proof", in all probability from propaganda
sites, that muslims cooperated with hitler. i will ignore them
completely because they are, guess what, propaganda sources. when
asked, i will provide evidence from mainstream news and history sites

Muslim co-operation with Hitler is a fact. It is history. Neither of these links could be considered a "propaganda source".

From the BBC Radio 4 documentary we have this synopsis. The website is still saying that the program is not currently available, but there is no doubt that the documentary was made.

Please note the word Muslim in title. Sort of screams "muslim cooperation" don't you think?

Hitler's Muslim Legions

b00t3ybj.jpg

It was after Germany's invasion of Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union in 1941 that Hitler's attention was first drawn to the potential for Muslim recruits to swell his ranks.

For the many thousands of captured Soviet Muslims, the opportunity to serve in the Wehrmacht offered an escape from the brutality and starvation of the prison camps. Elsewhere, a major recruitment drive amongst Bosnian Muslims led to tens of thousands signing up for the Waffen-SS.

Formed into exclusive Muslim units, these men fought in some of the most brutal campaigns of the entire war.

This programme investigates why Hitler and Himmler apparently cast aside their Nazi ideal of an Aryan master race, justifying the admission of Islam into their ranks.

It asks what attracted these men to fight for the Third Reich, how they were treated by their German officers and how they conducted themselves in the bedlam of war.

Were they hopeless soldiers who committed unspeakable atrocities; or did they fight bravely for the Fuhrer?

We examine the fate of these Muslims at the end of the war. With Hitler dead and the Third Reich defeated there was nothing to protect them, and most were killed as traitors.

Presented by Julian O'Halloran.

Producer: Jennifer Chryss
A Juniper production for BBC Radio 4

BBC Radio 4 - Hitler's Muslim Legions

i think i would be horribly unjust were i to try to claim judaism's historical link with the NAZIs based upon the jewish kapo guards. were i to do so, you could fairly call me a bigot.

neither islam nor judaism has any central authority. you are not proving islam's historical connection with the NAZIs. what you are proving that some muslims or some muslim groups under different circumstances cooperated in some way with the NAZIs.

Now to your phrase "one Muslim".

Not only was he appointed Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (this came with a life tenure) but he also was elected President of the Supreme Muslim Council.

Look what he controlled. He wielded great power.

The Council controlled the Waqf funds, worth annually tens of thousands of pounds and the orphan funds, worth annually about £50,000, as compared to the £600,000 in the Jewish Agency's annual budget.

In addition, he controlled the Islamic courts in Palestine. Among other functions, these courts were entrusted with the power to appoint teachers and preachers.

The Grand Mufti was considered so powerful that he declared a fatwa on Britain. And when he ran from Iraq he was so revered the Italians brought him to Italy.

Read this carefully. He's granted audiences with Mussolini. Hitler. Himmler was a fan.
Not "just one Muslim".

January 1941
Al-Husayni asks Hitler for a statement recognizing: 1) the
independence of the Arab states from British and French colonial rule;
2) the right of the independent Arab states to form a union; and 3)
the right of the independent Arab authorities in Palestine to
eliminate the proposed Jewish homeland there.

April 1, 1941
Al-Husayni participates in a pro-Axis coup in Iraq. The new
government, under Rashid 'Ali al-Kailani, deploys al-Husayni as the
key contact to the Axis powers.

May 1941
Germany begins to supply al-Husayni, now in Baghdad, with payments to
foment an uprising in Palestine.

May 9, 1941
Al-Husayni issues a fatwa in a radio speech from Baghdad, calling
Muslims to engage in a holy war against Great Britain.

May 29, 1941
As British troops approach Baghdad, al-Husayni flees across the border to Iran.

June 1-2, 1941
As pro-British Iraqi troops enter Baghdad, Iraqi civilians perpetrate
a pogrom, known as the Farhud, on the Jewish citizens of Baghdad.
After 128 Jews are killed and 210 injured, British troops restore
order.

July 1941
The German Abwehr establishes a German-Arab Training Department at a
base near Athens, Greece, to train Arab volunteers for service as
auxiliaries in the German Wehrmacht.

August 1941
Great Britain and the Soviet Union occupy Iran.

October 1941
Italian diplomats smuggle al-Husayni out of Iran to Italy.

October 27, 1941
Al-Husayni meets with Benito Mussolini, the Duce (Leader) of Fascist
Italy. Mussolini agrees to a joint Axis statement along the lines of
al-Husayni's proposal to Hitler.

November 28, 1941
Adolf Hitler receives al-Husayni in Berlin, a meeting covered by the
German press. The Führer declines to issue any public declaration or
conclude an agreement with al-Husayni regarding his January 1941
requests.

Early 1942
In collaboration with the Axis powers, al-Husayni begins developing
themes for radio and print propaganda directed primarily at the Arab
and Muslim world.

July 1942
Al-Husayni proposes a pan-Arab center in newly occupied Egypt to
produce and disseminate propaganda, to carry out sabotage operations
and incite rebellions behind British lines, and to train Arab regulars
as the core of a liberating Arab army under al-Husayni's control. The
Germans and the Italians reject this concept.

Late September 1942
Al-Husayni again proposes a pan-Arab center, this time in Tunis, to
direct propaganda in Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. The Axis powers
reject the plan.

November 8, 1942
In Operation Torch, Anglo-American troops land at Casablanca in
Morocco and at Oran and Algiers in Algeria. Vichy French forces
surrender.

December 18, 1942
At the opening of the Central Islamic Institute in Berlin, Al-Husayni
denounces the Jews as the bitterest enemies of Islam. He accuses the
Jews of provoking nations against each other and unleashing World War
II. He calls on Muslims to liberate themselves from enemy persecution.
Nazi propagandists provide major coverage of the opening and of
al-Husayni's remarks. His speech is broadcast from Germany to the
Middle East on December 23, 1942.

February 13, 1943
Hitler agrees to create the 13th Waffen-SS Mountain Division, later
also known as "Handschar." Reichsführer-SS (SS chief) Heinrich Himmler
authorizes recruitment of Bosnian Muslims for the division.

In March
and April, the SS Main Office sends al-Husayni to assist in
recruitment efforts.

May 13, 1943
German and Italian forces surrender near Tunis, ending the war in North Africa.

May-June 1943
Al-Husayni writes to the Bulgarian, German, Italian, Hungarian, and
Romanian governments, demanding they not participate in British
efforts to transfer Jewish children from Hungary, Romania, and
Bulgaria to Palestine. He suggests the children be sent to Poland. The
Germans had already taken steps to halt the transports in March and
April of 1943.

July 1943
The SS establish an Imam training school to prepare chaplains for the
13th Waffen-SS Mountain Division. Al-Husayni tells the trainees that
Muslims would "never have a better or more loyal ally than the Greater
German Reich."

February 1944
The Germans deploy the 13th Waffen-SS Mountain Division, now also
known as the "Handschar" Division, in western Croatia and northeastern
Bosnia.

June 6, 1944
Allied forces land on the Normandy coast of France (D-Day).

September-October 1944
Nearly 3,000 soldiers of the 13th Waffen-SS Mountain Division desert.
Most of the rest mutiny in mid-October, refusing to transfer to
Hungary to fight Soviet troops. Himmler dissolves the division.

November 2, 1944
At al-Husayni's suggestion, the German Foreign Office announces the
formation of an Arab-Muslim army (to be composed of Arab and Muslim
volunteers and Muslim and Arab soldiers serving in Axis forces) to
counter the Jewish Brigade Group in the British army.

May 7, 1945
Al-Husayni flees by plane to Bern, Switzerland. Swiss authorities deny
him asylum and turn him over to French authorities.

May 8, 1945
V-E Day, end of World War II in Europe.

May 29, 1946
Al-Husayni escapes house arrest near Paris and flies to Cairo, Egypt.

Hajj Amin al-Husayni: Timeline

Last edited:

try again.

There was far more than one Arab who was exiled who collaborated with the Nazis. I shall continue.

This is not just a matter of numbers of individuals involved. It was the actions taken by these collaborators who attempted in collusion with the Nazi propaganda machine to poison the minds, hearts and souls of the Arab world with their hateful rhetoric.

I do not take this issue lightly. For their legacy lives on today, and we all still pay a price one way or another for the generational damaged caused by them.

opinions are not facts. exactly what legacy lives on today? you gave me a timeline of al-husseini's activities from about 1940 on. he was fighting for arab nationalism and against european colonialism. i think that is a legacy that lives on...and it is not a legacy of islam. it is a legacy of a people who have fought for their independence, primarily against the british, long beore hitler came along.

you mentioned haj amin al-husseini and that is one muslim. that was to whom i was responding in YOUR post.

shall we discuss france's historical ties to hitler or shall we think of degaulle and the free french forces helping to liberate paris.

there is no historical connection between islam and the NAZIs and you cannot seem to understand that. islam is a non centralised religion not unlie judaism organisationally. neither religion has a central authority.

Not only was he appointed Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (this came with a life tenure) but he also was elected President of the Supreme Muslim Council.

The Council controlled the Waqf funds, worth annually tens of thousands of pounds and the orphan funds, worth annually about £50,000, as compared to the £600,000 in the Jewish Agency's annual budget.

In addition, he controlled the Islamic courts in Palestine. Among other functions, these courts were entrusted with the power to appoint teachers and preachers.

The Grand Mufti was considered so powerful that he declared a fatwa on Britain. And when he ran from Iraq he was so revered the Italians brought him to Italy.

Read this carefully. He's granted audiences with Mussolini. Hitler. Himmler was a fan.
Not "just one Muslim".

January 1941

April 1, 1941

May 1941

May 9, 1941

May 29, 1941

June 1-2, 1941
order.

July 1941

August 1941

October 1941

October 27, 1941

November 28, 1941
requests.

Early 1942
and Muslim world.

July 1942

Late September 1942
reject the plan.

November 8, 1942
surrender.

December 18, 1942

February 13, 1943

In March
recruitment efforts.

May 13, 1943

May-June 1943
April of 1943.

July 1943
German Reich."

February 1944
Bosnia.

June 6, 1944

September-October 1944

November 2, 1944

May 7, 1945

May 8, 1945

May 29, 1946

SO WHAT?

he does not represeent islam. why is that so hard for you to understand.

i concede all these points except the one...islaam has no single representative who speaks for them.

Now don't just take my word on how respected he was by the Germans.

Film footage at this link.

Historical Film Footage

Transcript:

The Führer meets the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, one of the most
influential men of Arab nationalism.:eusa_whistle:

The Grand Mufti is the religious leader of the Arabs in Palestine and simultaneously their highest judge and financial manager.

Because of his nationalism, the British have persecuted him bitterly and put a price of 25,000 pounds on his head. His adventurous voyage brought him over Italy to Germany.

Not "just one Muslim".

January 1941

April 1, 1941

May 1941

May 9, 1941

May 29, 1941

June 1-2, 1941
order.

July 1941

August 1941

October 1941

October 27, 1941

November 28, 1941
requests.

Early 1942
and Muslim world.

July 1942

Late September 1942
reject the plan.

November 8, 1942
surrender.

December 18, 1942

February 13, 1943

In March
recruitment efforts.

May 13, 1943

May-June 1943
April of 1943.

July 1943
German Reich."

February 1944
Bosnia.

June 6, 1944

September-October 1944

November 2, 1944

May 7, 1945

May 8, 1945

May 29, 1946

SO WHAT?

he does not represeent islam. why is that so hard for you to understand.

i concede all these points except the one...islaam has no single representative who speaks for them.

I've never said that there was a single representative.

But I'm laying the groundwork to show how Islam was used by the Nazis and by the Grand Mufti and other Arab exiles in their massive propaganda machine.

And to make certain that you are fully aware of the power Husseini wielded.

One doesn't get to "hang" with the likes of Mussolini, Hitler and Himmler and not be a major player.

Now don't just take my word on how respected he was by the Germans.

Film footage at this link.

Historical Film Footage

Transcript:

The Führer meets the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, one of the most
influential men of Arab nationalism.:eusa_whistle:

The Grand Mufti is the religious leader of the Arabs in Palestine and simultaneously their highest judge and financial manager.

Because of his nationalism, the British have persecuted him bitterly and put a price of 25,000 pounds on his head. His adventurous voyage brought him over Italy to Germany.

the muslim world at the time was between 300,000,000 and 500,000,000 people. the palestinian arabs at the time numbered 1,000,000.

i am on a slow modem. i cannot download vids very well.

speaking of the british, i won't insult you by discussing britains historic connection to the NAZIs based upon lord haw haw's pro-nazi broadcasts.

Lord Haw-Haw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

try again.

opinions are not facts. exactly what legacy lives on today? you gave me a timeline of al-husseini's activities from about 1940 on. he was fighting for arab nationalism and against european colonialism. i think that is a legacy that lives on...and it is not a legacy of islam. it is a legacy of a people who have fought for their independence, primarily against the british, long beore hitler came along.

you mentioned haj amin al-husseini and that is one muslim. that was to whom i was responding in YOUR post.

shall we discuss france's historical ties to hitler or shall we think of degaulle and the free french forces helping to liberate paris.

there is no historical connection between islam and the NAZIs and you cannot seem to understand that. islam is a non centralised religion not unlie judaism organisationally. neither religion has a central authority.

With all due respect, you are missing the point I am making.

The Grand Mufti and other exiles and the Nazi propaganda machine collaborated on a major propaganda effort using selective portions of the Koran and Islamic traditions to poison the Arab world against Jews and against the west.

I have to address this. I gave you early on in the thread his activities before 1940. He was appointed Grand Mufti by the First High Commissioner to Palestine strangely enough by a British Jew.

His greatest talent was not as a freedom fighter, but whipping others into a frenzy. A demagogue if you will. He ran in the middle of the Arab Revolt. 1937. He always let others do the fighting.

Last edited:

With all due respect, you are missing the point I am making.

The Grand Mufti and other exiles and the Nazi propaganda machine collaborated on a major propaganda effort using selective portions of the Koran and Islamic traditions to poison the Arab world against Jews and against the west.
I have to address this. I gave you early on in the thread his activities before 1940. He was appointed Grand Mufti by the First High Commissioner to Palestine strangely enough by a British Jew.

His greatest talent was not as a freedom fighter, but whipping others into a frenzy. A demagogue if you will. He ran in the middle of the Arab Revolt. 1937. He always let others do the fighting.

so what. it didn't work. he raised an army of what, 10,000 troops in bosnia, maybe. tell, me, how many troops did he raise in senegal? mali, turkey. he did not represent islam.

right now, we have a rabbi on the west bank, a very well respected talmudic(interpretation.of jewish law) scholar, preaching that it is alright to kill arab children...it is a mitzvah.

so ok...if islam has a historic connection with the NAZIs, then judaism has a historic connection with the infanticide of gentile babies?

all we are doing now is going in circles by the way. is their any reason to prpolong this? you have not proved that islam has a historic connection with the NAZIs. you have proved that small, isolated factions of islam, or muslim individuals used the NAZIs to further their own ends of nationalism.

or pwrhaps you actually think that hitler, in his desire for a genetically pure german race, actually thought muslim peoples, some as black as the ace of spades, would fit in nicely with the genetic purity he was trying to achieve.

Now you have to understand that the Mufti himself was using the "best interests of Islam" as part of his collaboration with the Nazis.

One of the best examples of this was when he began his recruitment of Muslim soldiers for the SS. Lets take the 13th Waffen Mountain division of the SS.

Check this out.

Mufti of Jerusalem

In April 1943, the Mufti of Jerusalem, Mohammad Amin al-Husayni, was invited by Berger to assist in organising and recruiting Muslims into the Waffen-SS and other units.

He was escorted by von Krempler, who also spoke fluent Turkish. The Mufti successfully convinced the Muslims to ignore the declarations of the Sarajevo, Mostar and Banja Luka Ulama (Islamic clerics), who in 1941 forbade them from collaborating with the Ustaše.

The Germans emphasised that al-Husayni had flown from Berlin to Sarajevo in order to bless and inspect the division.

During his visit to Bosnia al-Husayni also convinced some important Muslim leaders that the formation of the division was in the interests of Islam.

You see that was the Mufti's tactic. He was using Islam.

And hopefully at this point you can see now, the Mufti's involvement with Hitler and Himmler was not just a one time visit with Hitler. This was not a one night stand.

13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar (1st Croatian) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These images were provided by the German government to wiki.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1980-036-05%2C_Amin_al_Husseini_bei_bosnischen_SS-Freiwilligen.jpg

Depicted people

Husseini, Amin al Hadj: Großmufti von Jerusalem, Vorsitzender des Obersten Islamischen Rates, (PND 11883679X)
Sauberzweig, Karl-Gustav: 1899-1946; SS-Brigadeführer, Deutschland

Troops in prayer.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1977-137-20%2C_Bosnische_SS-Freiwillige_beim_Gebet.jpg

Waffen-SS-Handshar-Mufti-2S.jpg

The Grand Mufti treated to a sniper demonstration

Waffen-SS-Handshar-Mufti-3S.jpg

Guess who? :) In a group picture.

Waffen-SS-Handshar-Mufti-4S.jpg

Just look at that extended right arm....

Waffen-SS-Handshar-Mufti-5S.jpg

From Hitler's Legacy / Modern Islamo-fascism and its Nazi Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back