Isaiah 53, the forbidden chapter of the Hebrew Bible

Jesus is NOT an anointed warrior king who vanquished the enemies of the Jews and threw off the Roman occupation.

That doesn't mean he wasn't a holy man. Jesus never preached to the Gentiles, did he?

I know. The messiah was supposed to vanquish the enemies of the Jewish people with a sword, lead people to the sanctuary of God, etc. You think he didn't do these things. I say he did.

Jesus was reaching out to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He sent his disciples to smite the gentiles nations with his sword..

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." rev.19:15

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant. (Jesus H. Christ)

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

Take a good look around. Piles of unburied corpses are everywhere, slain by that cruel sword.

And Jesus didn't build a temple but by teaching the only right way to understand and comply with the divine commands that leads to eternal life he led people to the sanctuary of God. God is God of the living. Again, leading people to the sanctuary of God is not about leading people to a fancy slaughterhouse made by human hands.

Jeremiah 25:15 isn't about Jesus.

I agree. It is about a sword clearly referred to as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine that is sent out to smite the nations beginning in Jerusalem to the ends of the earth.

Clearly Jesus was drawing from this when he said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. and took a cup of wine and said, "Take this cup of wine and drink it, this is a cup of my blood."

Do you think it is a coincidence that the so called great commission parallels what Jeremiah wrote almost verbatim?

Is it a coincidence that everyone who drinks from that cup goes insane?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The use of the sword described in Jeremiah by Jesus was a demonstration of power and authority, proof that the kingdom of God had already come and in fact has always been in power.

And and spite of your professed bewilderment I know that you do know what I am talking about that everyone that drinks from that cup goes and has always gone mad.

Do you believe in divine condemnation?

Behold your ruthless sword wielding warrior king...

I thought the sword in the mouth of Jesus in Revelation was truth.

I don't think Jeremiah was talking about Jesus at all.

You have heard it said that the sword coming out of the mouth of Jesus was the truth. I am telling you that the sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine sent out over all the earth specifically to smite the nations.

The truth sets you free from the curse, it does not smite.

And I agree that Jeremiah was not talking about Jesus at all. As a prophet he was a servant of God and servants do not know what their master is about.

I said Jesus was drawing from this prophecy in Jeremiah 25:15 and is what inspired the words of the last supper.

The historical fact remains that every nation that drank from that cup, sword, curse, went mad. The insanity continues to this day.

No they didn't .. Most of those countries were quite successful compared to tiny hard scrabble Israel. Even the Canaanites were very urban and successful.. not to mention Babylon, Sumer and Assyria.. Demonizing the enemy is nothing new.. But the archaeology tells a different story..

There are dead people everywhere. Walking around like regular people, even successful prosperous people. They cannot see each other. They only see what they want to see. They do not know that they are dead.

Only the living can tell the difference between the living and the dead. The dead know nothing.

Babylon was a very advanced civilization that's why the good figs learned so much about law and heritage and culture when they were in exile and why Solomon is portrayed as a grand and prosperous ruler who had tremendous diplomatic skills.

Jesus is NOT an anointed warrior king who vanquished the enemies of the Jews and threw off the Roman occupation.

That doesn't mean he wasn't a holy man. Jesus never preached to the Gentiles, did he?

I know. The messiah was supposed to vanquish the enemies of the Jewish people with a sword, lead people to the sanctuary of God, etc. You think he didn't do these things. I say he did.

Jesus was reaching out to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He sent his disciples to smite the gentiles nations with his sword..

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." rev.19:15

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant. (Jesus H. Christ)

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

Take a good look around. Piles of unburied corpses are everywhere, slain by that cruel sword.

And Jesus didn't build a temple but by teaching the only right way to understand and comply with the divine commands that leads to eternal life he led people to the sanctuary of God. God is God of the living. Again, leading people to the sanctuary of God is not about leading people to a fancy slaughterhouse made by human hands.

Jeremiah 25:15 isn't about Jesus.

I agree. It is about a sword clearly referred to as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine that is sent out to smite the nations beginning in Jerusalem to the ends of the earth.

Clearly Jesus was drawing from this when he said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. and took a cup of wine and said, "Take this cup of wine and drink it, this is a cup of my blood."

Do you think it is a coincidence that the so called great commission parallels what Jeremiah wrote almost verbatim?

Is it a coincidence that everyone who drinks from that cup goes insane?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The use of the sword described in Jeremiah by Jesus was a demonstration of power and authority, proof that the kingdom of God had already come and in fact has always been in power.

And and spite of your professed bewilderment I know that you do know what I am talking about that everyone that drinks from that cup goes and has always gone mad.

Do you believe in divine condemnation?

Behold your ruthless sword wielding warrior king...

I thought the sword in the mouth of Jesus in Revelation was truth.

I don't think Jeremiah was talking about Jesus at all.

You have heard it said that the sword coming out of the mouth of Jesus was the truth. I am telling you that the sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine sent out over all the earth specifically to smite the nations.

The truth sets you free from the curse, it does not smite.

And I agree that Jeremiah was not talking about Jesus at all. As a prophet he was a servant of God and servants do not know what their master is about.

I said Jesus was drawing from this prophecy in Jeremiah 25:15 and is what inspired the words of the last supper.

The historical fact remains that every nation that drank from that cup, sword, curse, went mad. The insanity continues to this day.

No they didn't .. Most of those countries were quite successful compared to tiny hard scrabble Israel. Even the Canaanites were very urban and successful.. not to mention Babylon, Sumer and Assyria.. Demonizing the enemy is nothing new.. But the archaeology tells a different story..

There are dead people everywhere. Walking around like regular people, even successful prosperous people. They cannot see each other. They only see what they want to see. They do not know that they are dead.

Only the living can tell the difference between the living and the dead. The dead know nothing.

Babylon was a very advanced civilization that's why the good figs learned so much about law and heritage and culture when they were in exile and why Solomon is portrayed as a grand and prosperous ruler who had tremendous diplomatic skills.

As I said. There are dead people everywhere. Walking around like regular people, even successful prosperous people. They cannot see each other. They only see what they want to see. They do not know that they are dead.

Forum List

Back