Is wes clark sounding smart on Iraq?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by rtwngAvngr, Dec 14, 2005.

1. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Or is it me?

2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Are you referring to that NYT op-ed of his last week? or recent media appearances? (i can keep up with the op-eds, it wasn't bad, the media appearances on FOX/CNN i don't get to watch)

Isn't it a given he's good on the WOT/Iraq strategy by and large but when you get him talking politics or social issues he's a walking disaster?

3. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Wes Clark is dead on correct within many military issues. His politics aside, he was and is a superb General. His politics included, he is still a hero in my calculations.

Psychoblues

4. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    who cares what you think

5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You gave me everything that you think or have ever thought in just one post, loneRPgrl. Obviously, you don't care what I think and as I have intimated in other conversations, I don't have much respect for your scribblings, tirades and otherwise non-sensicle responses to serious questions. There is medication available for you.

Psychoblues

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    And what medication would that be, exactly? The liberal pill? The accept everything a nutjob says pill? The anti-anti-psychotics? Maybe it's whatever smack you're on that makes you think you know everything.

7. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    This might surprise you, Hobbit. I don't do drugs at all except prevacid and reglan. You see, I have a fairly weak stomach. I've listened to and believed too much Republican bullshit in my lifetime. I voted for Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and GHW Bush. There's only so much that a commoner like me can take. Can you dig it? I doubt it.

Psychoblues

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Well, I've been swallowing Democratic bullcrap since I entered that travesty often called 'public schools.' Personally, I think these feeble attempts to paint everything Republican as inherantly evil is insulting to my intelligence. I do have a brain that doesn't have "Made in Boston" stamped on it.

9. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    In my opinion, wes clark is Now talking sense only because he see's the times are a changing. But from what I've seen of him since he came onto the political scene, he's just like the clinton's and kerry. which ever way the tides are from day to day, he flows with it. I don't trust him. I wouldn't vote for him either.. Just my 2 cents.

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    a good number of people i greatly respect like ralph peters and tommy franks say the same thing about him. i will always respect him for being the only senior brass with the balls to advocate doing something about the genocide in rwanda (while it was happening), advocate going after the serbs rather than tolerating them wiping out bosnians and making a mockery out of the US and NATO.

other than that, you're right, he has changed with the political winds on his specifics quite often. he said one thing about iraq, then another, now he's singing another tune.

perfect example of what the clintons and their ilk do to good people after a while.