Is waterboarding & sleep deprivation torture?

You really are dense. All experiments on torture have shown that you can NOT get any good information with it. So yes, the only three reasons to use it would be fun, scientific study, or revenge. Often times scientific study can be really fun. The human mind is a computer, but the flaw is that it is greatly influenced with emotion and empty faith. So to better understand how to improve computer technology to the level of AI which we aspire we must know how the biological computers work, the ones in the human body are the most advanced and thus they are the best subjects. To fully understand the influence which emotion plays we must force the subjects to experience all emotions, I enjoy the ones where they are forced to feel pain (torture) and many of those things which cause pain are very interesting as well. Many humans can even turn pain into pleasure and vise versa (an interesting case is tickling the subject until their body starts registering it as pure pain and not just pain from laughing too much). The odd discovery is that there are about 1 billion more ways to inflict pain than pleasure, and inflicting pleasure in extreme amounts almost always turns into pain. The human mind can suffer pain for about 15 minutes before it breaks down (a few have lasted longer and many do not even last that long). However this break down has lead to a few advances in many areas of science. Once the body starts to release the chemicals from torture though their thinking is ALWAYS clouded, and after only a short time they become very deluded, often becoming unable to discern the difference between reality and their dream state. It's fun to play tricks on them during this time but often your superiors get angry for tainting the experiment.

How exactly does one "experiment" with torture doyathink.

well all's I got to say is if the obamalama thinks just the way youse guys do, we are in for some serious shit. I won't feel safe even for a nano second, I want the brave guys back in office. the one's who aren't too pansy assed to do what is necessary!

really? so all those years we weren't waterboarding people, why weren't we attacked then genius?

I bet you'd be singin a different tune if a democratic president had implemented torture to keep the US safe...and let's be honest for a second... IF Bush & Co had properly funded Homeland Security, we'd be safer today than ever before. We're not and that's NOT due to the torture of prisoners.... it's from sheer luck. Our borders are wide open, people can sneak shit onto planes whenever they want and our military is engaged elsehwere for the most part.

If you're so hip to waterboarding then I suggest you give it a try sometime.

I find disgusting that ANYONE would think torture is acceptable. I guess ya'll are happy to be just as dirty and evil as those we claim to be fighting against.

really? so all those years we weren't waterboarding people, why weren't we attacked then genius?
I bet you'd be singin a different tune if a democratic president had implemented torture to keep the US safe...and let's be honest for a second... IF Bush & Co had properly funded Homeland Security, we'd be safer today than ever before. We're not and that's NOT due to the torture of prisoners.... it's from sheer luck. Our borders are wide open, people can sneak shit onto planes whenever they want and our military is engaged elsehwere for the most part.

I find disgusting that ANYONE would think torture is acceptable. I guess ya'll are happy to be just as dirty and evil as those we claim to be fighting against.

what? when Clinton the last pannsy assed Democrat was in office.. Way I remember it we were attacked. over and over and over and over and over again.. yep doh!

You damn right sugar tits, happy, and dirty, and evil, and alive! you betcha!

I won't disagree with any of that, but what if time is of the essence?

Isn't time always of the essence, though? I mean, realistically, there could probably be an attack anytime, anywhere. With that argument, we could just claim time is of the essence and rip out fingernails instead because it might gain quicker answers.

But of course waterboarding and sleep deprivation don't work, right?

Ohh and since they already KNOW we won't kill them, guess what Einstien? They are not afraid of being killed. However Waterboarding may convince them they WILL die.

Personally the first thing I would do before I threatened a Muslim is spray them with pig fat and TELL them I did it. Is THAT torture?

This assumes that every single one of them is truely a devoted extremist ideologue that is willing to die for the cause. Many of them are more than likely brainwashed into doing what they're doing, and deep down inside I bet that not every one truely wants to do what they're doing.

It's like a fucking cult, and for many of them it offers an existence beyond a life of poverty in the streets with no one giving a shit about them otherwise.

If you had a loved one, someone you love more than life itself, that was captured by a terrorist group. One of them was caught.

You know that your loved one only has hours left before he/she is killed. All the coffee, donuts & sweet talking this terrorist is not working. The terrorist will not disclose where your loved one is. Would you tell the interregators to use all means, including waterboarding, to encourage this terrorist to talk?

You've been watching too much "24".

Is this what Rush Limbaugh has ordered you to think? That real life is just like a hollywood movie?

Your question is bogus. Please show me one example in the modern history of terrorism, where we had the guy who knew where the ticking time bomb was.

Even if we were living in a hollywood movie, you know what torture does in real life? Elicits false information and false confessions. There's a reason only third world punk dictators use torture. Its a method of control and instilling fear. It allows them to control people and subjugate their populations with fear. It doesn't elicit accurate information.

You think a radical muslim terrorist is going to give you an accurate answer where the bomb is hidden, 30 minutes before it goes off? LOL. He's going to give you a false locations, and then laugh in your face when you come back all flustered after the bomb has gone off.

Personally, I would let the experts determine how to try to get a confession. Bribery and mind fucking might be something professionals would recommend anyway.

You've been watching too much "24".

Is this what Rush Limbaugh has ordered you to think? That real life is just like a hollywood movie?

Your question is bogus. Please show me one example in the modern history of terrorism, where we had the guy who knew where the ticking time bomb was.

Even if we were living in a hollywood movie, you know what torture does in real life? Elicits false information and false confessions. There's a reason only third world punk dictators use torture. Its a method of control and instilling fear. It allows them to control people and subjugate their populations with fear. It doesn't elicit accurate information.

You think a radical muslim terrorist is going to give you an accurate answer where the bomb is hidden, 30 minutes before it goes off? LOL. He's going to give you a false locations, and then laugh in your face when you come back all flustered after the bomb has gone off.

Personally, I would let the experts determine how to try to get a confession. Bribery and mind fucking might be something professionals would recommend anyway.

That's fine. Except the experts are always second guessed by limp wristed liberals like you. Who do you thinks been advising up til now? Idiot

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

I think most of the responses we've seen in this thread are pretty self-explanatory.

It's not torture because 'we' do it, and 'we' are good. 'We' represent the course of history, and whatever methods 'we' use are ok, because it is for the greater good.

It must be nice to be able to think that. It must keep them real snug at night.

But the fact is that, if you condone the use of torture... then YOU are the terrorist.

Anyone here who supports torture has to stop kidding themselves and stop being a hypocrite. You have to stand tall and proud and say "I am FOR torture as long as WE are the Torturers." Or just go further, say what you really want to say, "I am FOR violence, so long as its OUR violence against others." In fact, I'd recommend you drop the word terrorist altogether. Just stick to "them" and "us", and keep repeating the mantra "OUR Violence is Good. OUR Violence is Good. OUR Violence is Good." If people just did that, I think the world would be a much better place.

But no, people who condone torture here remind me very much of the Grand Inquisitors. So filled by the love of Christ (who symbolizes peace, justice, solidarity between men, etc); the Inquisitor is driven to brutally annihilate anyone who stands in their way. BURN THEM AT THE STAKE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It's almost tragic: he doesn't realize is that HE killed Christ.

And I think that pretty much sums it up. If you are FOR torture, then pat yourself on the back. YOU killed Christ. Congratulations.

Buy it, read it ... maybe you will actually learn something. But if you want more terrorists to get away ... keep using that torture, no skin off my nose, the more humans they kill the fewer I have to deal with.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Effective-Interviewing-Interrogation-Techniques-Fleisher/dp/0122603818]Amazon.com: Effective Interviewing and Interrogation Techniques: William L. Fleisher, Nathan J. Gordon: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back