Is this what we have come to?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
According to the authorities quoted by the Associated Press, Thompson had just minutes earlier shown a teller a cardboard note saying: “I have a gun. Give me all your money.” The teller handed over everything she had: $16,300, according to KGWN. At that point, Thompson reportedly took the loot, went into the parking lot and tossed the money into the air, handing out some to customers and passersby.

And instead of making a getaway, she sat down and awaited police. The reason, according to court records: Thompson said a homeless shelter had turned her away, and that she no longer felt safe to stay on the streets. She said she had suffered facial fractures after strangers beat her at Martin Luther King, Jr. Park the previous weekend.
Woman allegedly robbed Wyo. bank so she could return to prison
Transgender woman robs bank, hands out cash, so she can return to jail

To be clear, Thompson didn't say"Things were easier, I want to go to prison," She said, "No one will give me a job. No one will give me a safe place to sleep. And, now I have been neaten up just for being who I am. Please send me back to jail, because I was safer there." Not she was "more comfortable", but she was "SAFER"

So, just how bad it that a person feels safer in prison, than out in the real world? The irony is the bank recovered every single dollar. So, technically, she didn't even rob anyone.

This was sad beyond belief. I don't understand why Obama and Hillary want to bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees when we allow this woman on the streets of America to not have a home.

It's disgusting.

The woman obviously has mental problems. That said, spend some time in American ghettos (I don't think Wyoming has any ghettos) and tell me whether you are safer there or in prison?

This was sad beyond belief. I don't understand why Obama and Hillary want to bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees when we allow this woman on the streets of America to not have a home.

It's disgusting.
These people USED to have a home in institutions, but they were run like, well, institutions. The do-gooders decided that it was better to bring them back into the mainstream in assisted living situations and community residences, and then the funding for them started drying up and then guess what.....they're all doing their daily ablutions in the bathroom at Dunkin Donuts and eating our leftovers from the garbage can at the park.
Which is worse?

No fixed address, no job. No job, no fixed address.

A job at the foot locker does not pay enough for a studio apt? Maybe rented room if anyone can stomach your skanky arse smelling up their home.

And, much retail shutting down. What else can this criminal do? I don't know? Work fields? Live in sharecropper shacks? Fast food? Toilet cleaner? Relatuves? Why in jail first times? Junkie?

It's disgusting.
Really? That's what you got out of this? "Obama, and Hillary!1!!!" Tell me. What proposals has Trump offered to alleviate the homeless predicament in this country? What policies, and legislation have the Republicans, in the last 6 years of congressional control offered to alleviate the homeless predicament in this nation? What have Republicans done to ease the tensions, misconceptions, and fear that some Americans have towards the transgendered?

Don't you dare ;pretend this is a "Clinton and Obama" problem!

It's disgusting.
These people USED to have a home in institutions, but they were run like, well, institutions. The do-gooders decided that it was better to bring them back into the mainstream in assisted living situations and community residences, and then the funding for them started drying up and then guess what.....they're all doing their daily ablutions in the bathroom at Dunkin Donuts and eating our leftovers from the garbage can at the park.
Which is worse?
Jesus. Fucking. Christ! Really???? The question being posed, by the OP is this: When society has become so unsafe (for some) that they would RATHER be in prison (with bad people who have done bad things) what does that say about society?

The subject of the OP didn't just decide that "heck life is too hard when I have to make decisions." The subject was brutally assaulted, couldn't get a job, and had nowhere to live as a result.

Of course, when one has no empathy (typical of Trump supporters) then one would form an incorrect conclusion. Drawing a correct conclusion would require that you empathize with the subject of the OP and thus "understand" what the real issue is purported to be.

It's disgusting.
Really? That's what you got out of this? "Obama, and Hillary!1!!!" Tell me. What proposals has Trump offered to alleviate the homeless predicament in this country? What policies, and legislation have the Republicans, in the last 6 years of congressional control offered to alleviate the homeless predicament in this nation? What have Republicans done to ease the tensions, misconceptions, and fear that some Americans have towards the transgendered?

Don't you ever dare to presume that I said ever that I blamed our situation of the homeless on Barack or Hillary

READ CAREFULLY: ONE MORE TIME

This was sad beyond belief. I don't understand why Obama and Hillary want to bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees when we allow this woman on the streets of America to not have a home

It's disgusting.
Which is worse?
Jesus. Fucking. Christ! Really???? The question being posed, by the OP is this: When society has become so unsafe (for some) that they would RATHER be in prison (with bad people who have done bad things) what does that say about society?

The subject of the OP didn't just decide that "heck life is too hard when I have to make decisions." The subject was brutally assaulted, couldn't get a job, and had nowhere to live as a result.

Of course, when one has no empathy (typical of Trump supporters) then one would form an incorrect conclusion. Drawing a correct conclusion would require that you empathize with the subject of the OP and thus "understand" what the real issue is purported to be.
Good heavens. You completely read that wrong. I've been a social worker, teacher and soft hearted libtard my whole life. I meant it when I said "poor thing." If a mentally ill person hasn't got family to help them out, they are these days "on their own." In my opinion, a lot of them were safer and I know a lot of them were happier when they had an institution to live in. They've told me. Now we have so few psychiatric facilities that even those who need treatment can't get it.
However, I see that was drifting away from your OP, and I apologize. The transgender homeless woman wasn't mentally ill, just desperate.

Hey einstein, the ran up $20T debt. They all millionares, billionares but produce nothing. They don't have funds left. Yes it is their fault for that fact. They have funds for muslim, illegals but not Americans? But theur bonus and raise go thru OK? Travel fund? Party fund? Unlimited.

You can drive out there see if they will let this fruitcake criminal free if you sign-up responsibility? It can live with you? Problem solved.

We pay more than 1/2 our earnings as is. If they dint use it for wild feral humanoids........what you want from us?

It's disgusting.

Don't you ever dare to presume that I said ever that I blamed our situation of the homeless on Barack or Hillary

This was sad beyond belief. I don't understand why Obama and Hillary want to bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees when we allow this woman on the streets of America to not have a home
If I misunderstood, then I apologise. Tell me how the refugee proposals affect the distrust, and violence against transgenders demonstrated by the OP? Tell me how the refugees are connected to the preconceptions of felons that we have in this country that makes it harder for them to find work, and reaclimate into society that lead to the situation presented in the OP. Tell me how the refugees are related to any of the problems faced by the woman in the OP that refusing to bring them in would alleviate.

Hey einstein, the ran up $20T debt. They all millionares, billionares but produce nothing. They don't have funds left. Yes it is their fault for that fact. They have funds for muslim, illegals but not Americans? But theur bonus and raise go thru OK? Travel fund? Party fund? Unlimited.

You can drive out there see if they will let this fruitcake criminal free if you sign-up responsibility? It can live with you? Problem solved.

We pay more than 1/2 our earnings as is. If they dint use it for wild feral humanoids........what you want from us?
"Fruitcake criminal"? Congratulations. You are part of the problem.

Criminals claim all sorts of bogus crap. Oh, I have heart condition, I need a night at St, Marys, I can't breath. Nigro pkease. You don't know what up here. Follow the money. Oh.....there it goes. It just landed. Marthas Vineyard again!

Oh I'm 8% Cherokee with a limp, I need special treatment. The good news if claim transgender, it can go either lockup? Eh?

Criminals claim all sorts of bogus crap. Oh, I have heart condition, I need a night at St, Marys, I can't breath. Nigro pkease. You don't know what up here. Follow the money. Oh.....there it goes. It just landed. Marthas Vineyard again!

Oh I'm 8% Cherokee with a limp, I need special treatment. The good news if claim transgender, it can go either lockup? Eh?
Cynicism is the refuge of cowards.

It's disgusting.

Because, in spite of the persistent issue of homelessness, this is what nations do for those who are fleeing persecution and strife?

Forum List

Back