Is this the year of the Libertarian Party?

Is 2018 the year of the Libertarian Party?

• Yes, because the DNC has provided little of an option for independents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because the GOP has provided little to retain the independent vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Derp

Tell us how Kansas determining its own speed limits "falls to discrimination".

Tell us how Minnesota legalizing pot "falls to discrimination".

Tell me how I'm a racist for wanting those states to have self-determination on those issues.

Pissant.

Nope. It's the symptom. That's why you liberal are killing our country. You keep thinking the symptom is the disease, and can't see you are FEEDING the disease.

Power -like your argument against it- is ambiguous, money is not. You can't fix an ambiguity, you can only clarify it and that is subjective. But you can certainly fix the problem of money in the system. That's objective.

Our Founders cured it. But you liberals brought it back from the grave.

LOL! Are you fucking kidding? You seriously think the Founders, who designated slaves were 3/5 a person, cured power? Then why was the Constitution amendment 26 times?

I think you'd be happiest if you hopped in a time machine and traveled back to 1776 and lived there.

My work is done here and I need to get to the gym. The pissant can't back up his straw man bullshit.

I highly recommend anyone who is left in this topic to read The Road To Serfdom by Friedrich von Hayek.

We have just seen a laboratory example of the prescient warnings in that book.

Legalizing pot in Michigan does not affect people in every state.

Sure it does. If you travel to Michigan from another state, then it affects you because you can toke legally.

ou can't state a lie and pretend it's true. Your little sophomoric non sequiturs are not working.

They're not non-sequiturs, they're just points you refuse to address because you can't thoughtfully.

Now, come on. Tell us how legalizing pot in Michigan is discrimination. We're waaaaaaaaaitiiiiiiinnng!

I never said it was...but state laws in Michigan against pot sure as shit were.

According to The Derp, driving a car 100 mph in Kansas somehow affects a driver in Washington, DC.

Well, sure it does. If they travel at a higher rate of speed, then they're more likely to get into an accident. And if they get into an accident, then that's going to cause car insurance premiums to rise. And as you so astutely pointed out before, car insurance is sold nationally. So the actions taken by reckless drivers in Kansas do impact drivers in DC when it comes to car insurance.

Anything else you want to get off your chest?

Yes, that is the issue. Whether or not the people of a state want dope legal is the issue. You have zero justification for making it a federal case.

Well, it's under federal prohibition. So it sure as shit is a federal issue.

A political party's principles and platforms need to work on BOTH a Federal and State/Local level. California is an example of raw political power being concentrated in a ONE party state. Power that HAS NO bounds on principles or platforms but exists MAINLY to perpetuate that Party's existence.

CA, by the way, has seen among the best economic and job growth since the Democrats took over.

Also, one thing you probably didn't know about CA is that the state's districts are drawn by a non-partisan board. So Democrats control the state not because they drew the borders that way, but because they consistently deliver on their promises to the voters.

That's why Democrats control CA...because Republicans are garbage people with garbage policies most people don't support.

And it USED to be that Congress writes the laws. That's no more. Because Congress has abrogated that responsibility and now writes "fill in the blank" legislation. Leaving it to the "minions of morons" in the ever expanding bureaucracy to take their sweet ass time to make the DETAILS of the law. You see this in the INCOMPLETELY IMPLEMENTED Dodd-Frank financial bill or the ObamaCare Med Insurance bill.

Gee, then you should support public campaign financing and a ban on all private donations and lobbying. Do you?

To accuse me of propounding states rights for the purposes of discrimination is a goddam motherfucking syphilitic pissant little worm tactic.

The problem is that you don't even fucking realize you're doing it. It's not that you support discrimination, it's that you passively support it by pretending there are issues that are specific to just the states.

The Libertarian Party view on immigration (whoa!)

3.4 Free Trade and Migration

We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.
However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.
Whoa!!!

Isn’t pot still illegal on a federal level? I guess Derp would be in favor of the Feds making mass arrests in Colorado and California of people using and selling pot!

No, I'm in favor of changing federal policy and why I vote for politicians who support doing so.
But the federal law has not been changed. Law.....not policy, law!

First of all, that's not a requirement...so interesting how you use a logical fallacy to argue that I'm making a logical fallacy. Was that your intent? Back to the drawing board!

Discrimination violates Civil Rights and the 14th Amendment. So try again without using a logical fallacy. Thanks.
You don't know what a fallacy is.

That 18th century thinking is what has made this country number one, dumbass.

18 century thinking like....

...counting slaves as 3/5 a person?

...denying women the right to vote?

...denying equal protection?

Your fetish-ization of the founding fathers sounds particularly MAGA.

Wrong. You have ZERO logic to explain your non sequitur.

LOL! You just admitted that the same person can smoke pot in one state legally, and not in another. So it's clearly not a local issue.

How does legalizing pot discriminate against blacks?STILL waiting!

I DIDN'T SAY IT DID!

I've said it's a federal issue because there's a federal prohibition on it. So I'm striving to change federal laws because it's obviously a federal issue since pot smoking happens in every state.

Forum List

Back