Is this the end for my people? So sad.

Y'all Catholic?
My husband and I both have Irish heritage and there are quite a few Catholics in our very large combined family but most are Protestant representing many Christian traditions and theologies. Hubby and I are not Catholic but are quite comfortable worshipping with Catholic friends and relatives.

They are successful despite the obstacles people place in front of them.
When they were exiled from their own land, God told them to be loyal to their conquerors and he would bless those jews with prosperity...and he did. I still think it all boils down to People who want to be their own Gods, Hate God and therefore they hate Jews, God's chosen, and they hate Christians. Jesus said that would be so.

If we can make trump lose in '24, we won't have that.
When Trump was in office, the war in Syria ended, North Korea stopped firing provocative missiles over South Korea and Japan, Russia, China, Iran all stopped saber rattling, three different Arab nations normalized relations with Israel, the Afghan war was effectively ending in a safe way and the Taliban was not a problem. We had the closest thing to world peace any of us had ever experienced.

Biden has turned Afghanistan back over to the Taliban rendering worthless 20 years of massive blood and treasure, North Korea is firing missiles again, Iran is again openly promoting terrorism especially against Israel, China and Iran are both saber rattling, Russia and the Ukraine are at war, Hamas and Israel are at war, we're bombing Syria, and almost everybody fears it all escalating into WWIII.

I strongly believe none of that would be happening if Trump was still President. For sure there would be thousands fewer dead Ukrainians, Russians, Israelis and Palestinians and 13 Americans who died at the Kabul airport would still be alive.

Last edited:
They elected Hamas 15 years ago and are totally sick of them and they aren't accountable for much. Make the differentiation please if Israel would cut the crap there wouldn't be any Hamas... This policy of bombing the hell out of Gaza sure as hell does not work. Should stop calling it a war, it was a druggie fundie suicide mission and ever since revenge. You can't kill Hamas militarily.
iu

Maybe so but again I don't know any Christians who think they have replaced spiritual Israel. And as a pretty serious historian of JudeoChristian history and thought, I don't know of any scripture, other theological manuscripts, or thoughts of serious theologians who have promoted that concept.

Now are there some Christians who think they'll go to heaven and Jews who rejected Christ the Savior won't? Yes. But that is a whole different thing and for another serious debate. I simply don't believe God has turned his back on the Jewish people.
That's between them and God and not for me to judge. I do know that he says that they are his chosen

people, and I'm going to respect that. God says it, I respect it. Simple.

Maybe so but again I don't know any Christians who think they have replaced spiritual Israel. And as a pretty serious historian of JudeoChristian history and thought, I don't know of any scripture, other theological manuscripts, or thoughts of serious theologians who have promoted that concept.

Now are there some Christians who think they'll go to heaven and Jews who rejected Christ the Savior won't? Yes. But that is a whole different thing and for another serious debate. I simply don't believe God has turned his back on the Jewish people.
That's nice,but your holy book says the jews are all damned.

Thank goodness for the reformation.

history of replacement theology...very old. very wrong concept.

Very much a part of the white wing trump cult.

That's between them and God and not for me to judge. I do know that he says that they are his chosen

people, and I'm going to respect that. God says it, I respect it. Simple.
Yes. It is way above my pay grade to say who is and isn't going to Heaven and I leave that in God's hands.

And like you the story of God's chosen people through the Old Testament to now is pretty compelling to just dismiss. As the Gospel according to John says, salvation is from the Jews.

And their contribution to both us and the world is amazing. The Jews comprise .2% of the world population but hold 22% of the world's Nobel Prizes. have come up with many of our most useful inventions, produced a great deal of philosophical thought, are 6 percent of the Supreme Court justices and other contributions to the world that few other demographics can claim.

I think it's safe to think God is with them.

Yes. It is way above my pay grade to say who is and isn't going to Heaven and I leave that in God's hands.

And like you the story of God's chosen people through the Old Testament to now is pretty compelling to just dismiss. As the Gospel according to John says, salvation is from the Jews.

And their contribution to both us and the world is amazing. The Jews comprise .2% of the world population but hold 22% of the world's Nobel Prizes. have come up with many of our most useful inventions, produced a great deal of philosophical thought, are 6 percent of the Supreme Court justices and other contributions to the world that few other demographics can claim.

I think it's safe to think God is with them.
There's a book in the Bible called "Zephaniah" that applies to right now.

It's only 3 chapters. :aargh:

I reckon that's all that needed to be said about that. :dunno:

Idk about the Ethiopia thing..but other than that it's spot on.

He was in the days of Jeremiah. Old Testament.

Jews are literally being hunted and vilified globally and here in the US AFTER a terror attack on innocents by Hamas. I am nervous for my two daughters. Will have to send them to college down South.

Jew hunting in 2023. I knew The Left was antisemitic but this is craziness. I lost most of my ancestors to WW2 and the Holocaust. What’s happening now really hits home. There are only 15mil of us in the world and there are 1.9bn Muslims. I do not see how we win.

Is this the end for my people?

Which side was chanting the Jews will not replace us in Charlottesville.

Forum List

Back