Is this message board always so short on liberals?

Nice try, we can disagree emphatically, but the facts on civil rights, and equal rights, equal opportunities and equal justice are goals of the liberals, progressives and most Democrats.

As to the false flag comment, noted in italics, is used metaphorically.
The self-aggrandizing claim by liberals and progressives regarding civil rights and equal rights and equal opportunities and justice is a bit over the top. But the credit to the Democraps is silly. The Democrap Party opposed all of those things to a large extent.

Later, they claim to support it but it isn’t a true claim. What they really want is the same old thing: power. And not power to achieve Justice or equality. But to stomp out a great deal of individual liberties and rights in the name of (but not in the reality of) the common good.

It would ironically Assist your cred, Rye, since it is presently badly wounded, if you’d just admit that you shouldn’t have used the phrase “false flag” at all.

Last edited:
There are videos on YouTube where Rand states that handicapped people are worthless; I’ve seen these videos.
She was a mentally ill piece of garbage.
Ok, I have three rebuttals, but I would only need one. Still, I'll give you them all, and you can take whatever benefit you may find from them.

1) I'd have to see this video you speak of. My guess is "handicapped people are worthless" is not what Rand said. Liberals love to pretend that embroidered paraphrases are actually quotes. If I had to guess, she objected to tax dollars being spent on people of less ability when it is the people of more ability that we should be supporting. Just my guess, but if you can produce the video, I'll acknowledge what she actually said.

2) It is ironic that in answer to her supposedly calling human beings worthless due to their handicap, you call her a "mentally ill piece of garbage."

3) Ayn Rand was not libertarian, as I said. So even if you can produce such a video, it means nothing to me as a libertarian.

What was Ayn Rand’s view of the libertarian movement?

Ayn Rand was opposed to the libertarian movement of her time.

In 1971 she wrote:

For the record, I shall repeat what I have said many times before: I do not join or endorse any political group or movement. More specifically, I disapprove of, disagree with and have no connection with, the latest aberration of some conservatives, the so-called “hippies of the right,” who attempt to snare the younger or more careless ones of my readers by claiming simultaneously to be followers of my philosophy and advocates of anarchism. Anyone offering such a combination confesses his inability to understand either. Anarchism is the most irrational, anti-intellectual notion ever spun by the concrete-bound, context-dropping, whim-worshiping fringe of the collectivist movement, where it properly belongs. [“Brief Summary,” The Objectivist, Vol. 10, Sep. 1971]

Her views on libertarianism seem very much in line with what liberals think libertarianism is, so I guess birds of a feather . . .

We take polls now and then, so the numbers are pretty clear. It's about 72% to 77% Trumpster here. I think that population has increased 5% or so in the last few years.

That's okay. It's one helluva good place for observation, even if trying to communicate with them is pointless.
TRUMP
ON
DA
BRAIN
RETARD

Biden is president ya fucking loon

Ok, I have three rebuttals, but I would only need one. Still, I'll give you them all, and you can take whatever benefit you may find from them.

1) I'd have to see this video you speak of. My guess is "handicapped people are worthless" is not what Rand said. Liberals love to pretend that embroidered paraphrases are actually quotes. If I had to guess, she objected to tax dollars being spent on people of less ability when it is the people of more ability that we should be supporting. Just my guess, but if you can produce the video, I'll acknowledge what she actually said.

2) It is ironic that in answer to her supposedly calling human beings worthless due to their handicap, you call her a "mentally ill piece of garbage."

3) Ayn Rand was not libertarian, as I said. So even if you can produce such a video, it means nothing to me as a libertarian.

What was Ayn Rand’s view of the libertarian movement?

Ayn Rand was opposed to the libertarian movement of her time.

In 1971 she wrote:

For the record, I shall repeat what I have said many times before: I do not join or endorse any political group or movement. More specifically, I disapprove of, disagree with and have no connection with, the latest aberration of some conservatives, the so-called “hippies of the right,” who attempt to snare the younger or more careless ones of my readers by claiming simultaneously to be followers of my philosophy and advocates of anarchism. Anyone offering such a combination confesses his inability to understand either. Anarchism is the most irrational, anti-intellectual notion ever spun by the concrete-bound, context-dropping, whim-worshiping fringe of the collectivist movement, where it properly belongs. [“Brief Summary,” The Objectivist, Vol. 10, Sep. 1971]

Her views on libertarianism seem very much in line with what liberals think libertarianism is, so I guess birds of a feather . . .
Interviews of Ayn Rand are on YouTube; there are not a million videos of her.
She said what I said she said and she was a worthless piece of shit.
She was an Objective Realist aka a self-centered, selfish, mentally ill, worthless piece of shit.

Interviews of Ayn Rand are on YouTube; there are not a million videos of her.
She said what I said she said and she was a worthless piece of shit.
She was an Objective Realist aka a self-centered, selfish, mentally ill, worthless piece of shit.
Translation: I can't back up anything I say, but I'll happily repeat it.

IRRC, she called her philosophy "Objectivism."

I'm not sure what your point is. I'm libertarian, not "Randian," or whatever.
During GW's neo-Con destruction of America, the neo-Cons were claiming her as their hero to justify their unbridled greed.
The problem is 99% of people who claim to be Libertarians are selfish and greedy sociopaths.

Do you believe there should not be a publicly funded police force or fire department?

During GW's neo-Con destruction of America, the neo-Cons were claiming her as their hero to justify their unbridled greed.
The problem is 99% of people who claim to be Libertarians are selfish and greedy sociopaths.

Do you believe there should not be a publicly funded police force or fire department?
It has been at least a couple of decades since I lived somewhere that had a publicly funded fire department. In the last two towns I lived in, privately funded volunteer firefighters handled the job with no problem.

The libertarian ideal is that police be funded voluntarily. There are any number of ways to do this, but, again it is the ideal. No libertarian I know says "defund the police now, and rely on voluntary funding and staffing."

7 Core Principles of Conservatism
  • Individual Freedom. The birth of our great nation was inspired by the bold declaration that our individual,God-given liberties should be preserved against government intrusion. ...
  • Limited Government. ...
  • The Rule of Law. ...
  • Peace through Strength. ...
  • Fiscal Responsibility. ...
  • Free Markets. ...
  • Human Dignity.
Gator was right, there aren't any real conservatives here.

TRUMP
ON
DA
BRAIN
RETARD

Biden is president ya fucking loon
You guys clearly don't understand the difference between talking about a person and talking about larger entity, such as a cult of personality.

I wasn't talking about Trump. It's not about him. It has never been about him. I was talking about the blind rubes who have so emotionally latched on to him.

I'm done trying to explain something this simple, Gramps. Do you really not understand this, or are you just being a Karen?

You guys clearly don't understand the difference between talking about a person and talking about larger entity, such as a cult of personality.

I wasn't talking about Trump. It's not about him. It has never been about him. I was talking about the blind rubes who have so emotionally latched on to him.

I'm done trying to explain something this simple, Gramps. Do you really not understand this, or are you just being a Karen?
Hahahahaha

It always about Trump for you.
Regardless of you referring to his followers as Trumpers or Deplorables it matters not. Without your Trump OBSESSION you'd have nothing to post on this site

1644929225753.png

Or is the current administration and congress so difficult to defend that the liberals are waiting for the GOP to win, so they can go back to being the vocal critics?

Nothing wrong with that, I'm just wondering. I like it when liberals defend the indefensible.

Mods, if this should be in feedback, feel free to move it. It's a question about the board combined with politics, so I thought if I put it in feedback, it might get moved here.

Forum List

Back