Is This Justice?

no offense, but that's the lamest defense of anything ever posted here.

it's the road's fault that this knucklehead continued to drive with defective equipment.

otay :thup:
Actually, I've seen heinous accident photos of people who died due to improper road construction and/or other fallacies in the construction, speed measurement, and overall safety of the road.

The damn road is a highway to hell. The highway department knew this, and AFTER THE ROAD CONDITION OF FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE BRAKING PIT, KILLED 2 PEOPLE, they put up a warning sign, and not before.

That judge threw the book at the wrong person. He should have been jumping up and down about road safety. Instead, he clobbers the poor foreigner who couldn't stand up for himself due to a language barrier.

This whole incident is sickening, and it sickened George Costanza's gut initially. That in and of itself should tell ya something.

this issue is clearly beyond your capabilities.

be quiet... please. you're too stupid for air.
Shut up yourself. You wouldn't know a competent professional safety engineer from a hole in the wall.

When the drivers truck was smoking that was the sign to stop.

How experienced was the driver?
Does he know how to use low gears in a steep incline?
Was it Posted?
Was he familiar with the road?

images
All of that may be true, but still, nothing was done to make that road fit for a large truck to stop if it had brake failure. Some brake failures are caused by braking too hard on too many down grades, and eventually, they give way. The driver may not know his brakes are entirely gone until he goes barrelling down an unsafe highway with no safety pits to help him stop and prevent such a travesty as occurred on that highway.

If a state cannot afford to fix its roads, it needs to close it until the needed fixes are made. If it cannot fix the road, it needs to close the road permanently.

That's a fine sign. It tells the drivers the road is steep. Nothing was in place to help that big rig driver. The safety pit was in disrepair and closed. The State Highway Department has an obligation to the Public to CLOSE UNSAFE ROADS THAT DO NOT HAVE A MEANS FOR TRUCKS THAT LOSE THEIR BRAKES TO LEAVE THE ROAD SAFELY.

What is it about road safety that no one here except Midcan5 and I understand?

if you and midcan are the only ones understanding it, maybe the fault lies other than where you assume it does.

just a thought

Was it Posted?

images
All of that may be true, but still, nothing was done to make that road fit for a large truck to stop if it had brake failure. Some brake failures are caused by braking too hard on too many down grades, and eventually, they give way. The driver may not know his brakes are entirely gone until he goes barrelling down an unsafe highway with no safety pits to help him stop and prevent such a travesty as occurred on that highway.

If a state cannot afford to fix its roads, it needs to close it until the needed fixes are made. If it cannot fix the road, it needs to close the road permanently.

That's a fine sign. It tells the drivers the road is steep. Nothing was in place to help that big rig driver. The safety pit was in disrepair and closed. The State Highway Department has an obligation to the Public to CLOSE UNSAFE ROADS THAT DO NOT HAVE A MEANS FOR TRUCKS THAT LOSE THEIR BRAKES TO LEAVE THE ROAD SAFELY.

What is it about road safety that no one here except Midcan5 and me understand?
Not quite Becky. If he was not in the proper gear for the down grade he would burn out his brakes, the weight of the load he was carrying is a factor too. Inexperience here does equal negligence.
I know what has been said and the conviction.

I have a higher standard about competence in road safety.

I worked for a Professional Highway Civil Engineer who never would have stood for a highway in that condition in the state I lived in for 40 years, where road safety is paramount due to freezing conditions, snow, and ice to the tune of -40F many years, not counting the chill factor that comes from high winds, blinding ground blizzards, and guard rails designed by a moron who didn't realize that protruding guard rails kill more people than you would care to know about.

An unsafe highway should have been front and center in this case. This accident could have been prevented if the state had not been negligent in road design.

Nobody wins in this case, but I bet there's a hell of a lot of hiding behind closed doors where competent planners should have been thinking about how sad a family would be when their loved ones died on a road that was an open invitation to just such an accident.

My gavel slams on the incompetent head of the highway department in the state of California for not doing his job, as the progenitor of this accident.

<thwhack!!!>

Actually, I've seen heinous accident photos of people who died due to improper road construction and/or other fallacies in the construction, speed measurement, and overall safety of the road.

The damn road is a highway to hell. The highway department knew this, and AFTER THE ROAD CONDITION OF FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE BRAKING PIT, KILLED 2 PEOPLE, they put up a warning sign, and not before.

That judge threw the book at the wrong person. He should have been jumping up and down about road safety. Instead, he clobbers the poor foreigner who couldn't stand up for himself due to a language barrier.

This whole incident is sickening, and it sickened George Costanza's gut initially. That in and of itself should tell ya something.

this issue is clearly beyond your capabilities.

be quiet... please. you're too stupid for air.
Shut up yourself. You wouldn't know a competent professional safety engineer from a hole in the wall.

this isn't an engineering issue. it's a legal issue.

and you are the only one not following. yet you keep yapping.

why would *I* shut up on a legal issue??? seriously. :cuckoo:

Not quite Becky. If he was not in the proper gear for the down grade he would burn out his brakes, the weight of the load he was carrying is a factor too. Inexperience here does equal negligence.

I worked for a Professional Highway Civil Engineer who never would have stood for a highway in that condition in the state I lived in for 40 years, where road safety is paramount due to freezing conditions, snow, and ice to the tune of -40F many years, not counting the chill factor that comes from high winds, blinding ground blizzards, and guard rails designed by a moron who didn't realize that protruding guard rails kill more people than you would care to know about.

An unsafe highway should have been front and center in this case. This accident could have been prevented if the state had not been negligent in road design.

Nobody wins in this case, but I bet there's a hell of a lot of hiding behind closed doors where competent planners should have been thinking about how sad a family would be when their loved ones died on a road that was an open invitation to just such an accident.

My gavel slams on the incompetent head of the highway department in the state of California for not doing his job, as the progenitor of this accident.

<thwhack!!!>

this isn't about road safety. it's about legal culpability for a criminal act.

idiota.

There's an innocent foreign man in a California prison
Foreign?

Whats that got to do with anything?

Are you trying to say because he's "foreign" he should be held to a lower standard?
He could not tell them what he did that he thought made his truck road safe. From what I gather, he did stop, and he thought he sufficiently cooled his brakes.

I'm not backing down. These two deaths are in the arena of an unsafe highway that is unfit for public travel, and no other reason is as glaring as that.

My gavel has hit the table until my arm is weary.

Justice was truly not served in this sickening case.

<thwhack!!!>

idiota.
No, it's about a stupid man with a stupider lawyer heard by yet a stupider judge about a problem caused by yet a stupider highway department that allowed an unfit road to be traversed by big rigs.

Your ad hominem is duly noted. Go stand in the corner, sweetie pie.

<thwhack!!!>

All Limits are based on conditions Becky. Icing, Snow, rain, wind, visibility, wild life, leaves, oil slicks, rock falls, the responsibility lies on the driver. Sounds like he was over loaded, moving too fast and not in a safe gear, that's why his brakes were smoking.

<thwhack!!!>

idiota.
No, it's about a stupid man with a stupider lawyer heard by yet a stupider judge about a problem caused by yet a stupider highway department that allowed an unfit road to be traversed by big rigs.

and yet you still know nothing and are still yapping.

dumb as a post becki....

but thanks for dragging a perfectly interesting issue into idiotville...

Last edited:
If the road was so unsafe, then the driver should have stopped.

If the road was so unsafe, then the driver should have stopped.

it was the truck that was unsafe once the brakes started smoking and the driver had to pour water on them.

it had nothing to do with the safety of the road. but the combination of the vehicle, in the condition it was in, on the road in question.

might come down to the same thing... the driver should have stopped.

he didn't and because of that recklessness, killed a man and his daughter.

and that is why he's in jail.

Was it Posted?

images

if you and midcan are the only ones understanding it, maybe the fault lies other than where you assume it does.

just a thought
That's nice that you're thinking. It's too bad the State of California doesn't have any road planners they pay the big bucks to thinking of precisely just how that particular highway to hell is unfit for public safety.

Negligent acts are not criminal and should not be punished criminally.

even if the Negligent one knows that his negligence just may cause someone some harm?......leaving a Loaded Gun where a bunch of 6 year olds can find it is Negligence also.....if one of them finds it and shoots and kills one of the other kids......who should get blamed for the kid dying?,the kid who shot the gun or the guy who left the gun there?......
The loaded gun in this case, Harry, is likely a grossly unsafe and unfit highway for public transportation, particularly large trucks.

The man driving the trucks is not the person who let that highway to hell be used by the public. The Highway Department is.

i agree with you......but it still does not take away his decision to proceed down the hill knowing his brakes were going to probably give way........

idiota.

dumb as a post becki....

Your continued drip-drip-drip ad hominem attack for the purpose of your self-aggrandizement is duly noted.

Freedombecki, if the road was as unsafe as you say it was shouldn't the driver been able to notice that?

just a thought
That's nice that you're thinking. It's too bad the State of California doesn't have any road planners they pay the big bucks to thinking of precisely just how that particular highway to hell is unfit for public safety.

too bad the truck driver wasn't thinking because then two people would still be alive.

oh, wait, i forgot. it's the road's fault. :cuckoo:

dumb as a post becki....

Your continued drip-drip-drip ad hominem attack for the purpose of your self-aggrandizement is duly noted.

i'm not sure how it's self-aggrandizing to point out that you don't understand the issue.

tissue?

Forum List

Back