Is This Justice?

and yet you still know nothing and are still yapping.

dumb as a post becki....

but thanks for dragging a perfectly interesting issue into idiotville...
Your continued drip-drip-drip ad hominem attack for the purpose of your self-aggrandizement is duly noted.

i'm not sure how it's self-aggrandizing to point out that you don't understand the issue.

tissue?
Hi, you have received -813 reputation points from jillian.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
:cuckoo:
There is no excuse for allowing a slattern highway department destroy people with bad roads.

You can kill the messenger all you like with your ugly words, refusal to acknowledge a bad government decision to leave a bad road as a loaded weapon for some unchary wayfarer, but I learned better when I worked with a professional safety engineer in a state highway department.

If you had seen the required state photographs of dead people who are victimized by bad roads that I saw dating back 10 years since my associate's beginning, you would know why I was so adamant in my defense of some unwary driver, though a little incompetent, I'll grant you, but if you had seen the carnage I saw in the course of my job there, you would know precisely how deadly a road that is not maintained for public safety can be.

I will wear my negative rep as a badge against ignorance of people who do not have a clue what a bad road can cause in the way of human loss and human suffering.

I stand behind every single solitary word I said, and YOU CALLED ME AN IDIOTA WHEN I WAS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH.

How the hell do you sleep at night, madam, by letting the incompetence caused by a state entity to cause human deaths so grotesque as to look like the carnage of war?

Ignorance is a war, and I fight it tooth and nail when I can.

You can kill my reputation all you wish, but I'm right and I am not wrong in this instance of the State of California holding a loaded gun in the form of an unfit road to people's heads who use the road.

Your continued drip-drip-drip ad hominem attack for the purpose of your self-aggrandizement is duly noted.

i'm not sure how it's self-aggrandizing to point out that you don't understand the issue.

tissue?

Comment:
There is no excuse for allowing a slattern highway department destroy people with bad roads.

You can kill the messenger all you like with your ugly words, refusal to acknowledge a bad government decision to leave a bad road as a loaded weapon for some unchary wayfarer, but I learned better when I worked with a professional safety engineer in a state highway department.

If you had seen the required state photographs of dead people who are victimized by bad roads that I saw dating back 10 years since my associate's beginning, you would know why I was so adamant in my defense of some unwary driver, though a little incompetent, I'll grant you, but if you had seen the carnage I saw in the course of my job there, you would know precisely how deadly a road that is not maintained for public safety can be.

I will wear my negative rep as a badge against ignorance of people who do not have a clue what a bad road can cause in the way of human loss and human suffering.

I stand behind every single solitary word I said, and YOU CALLED ME AN IDIOTA WHEN I WAS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH.

How the hell do you sleep at night, madam, by letting the incompetence caused by a state entity to cause human deaths so grotesque as to look like the carnage of war?

You can kill my reputation all you wish, but I'm right and I am not wrong in this instance of the State of California holding a loaded gun in the form of an unfit road to people's heads who use the road.

Dude. The man's brakes were on fire. Fire. And he made the conscious decision to proceed anyway.

I don't care if the road was airport runway quality and tended to every evening by gnomes who shit asphalt, the brakes were going to fail. And they did. And he killed people.

Road Safety Audits

A Road Safety Audit (RSA) is the formal safety performance examination of an existing or future road or intersection by an independent, multidisciplinary team. It qualitatively estimates and reports on potential road safety issues and identifies opportunities for improvements in safety for all road users. The FHWA works with State and local jurisdictions and Tribal Governments to integrate RSAs into the project development process for new roads and intersections, and also encourages RSAs on existing roads and intersections.
The aim of an RSA is to answer the following questions:

• What elements of the road may present a safety concern: to what extent, to which road users, and under what circumstances?
  • What opportunities exist to eliminate or mitigate identified safety concerns?
Public agencies with a desire to improve the overall safety performance of roadways under their jurisdiction should be excited about the concept of RSAs. Road safety audits can be used in any phase of project development from planning and preliminary engineering, design and construction. RSAs can also be used on any sized project from minor intersection and roadway retrofits to mega-projects.

tissue?

Comment:

Dude. The man's brakes were on fire. Fire. And he made the conscious decision to proceed anyway.

I don't care if the road was airport runway quality and tended to every evening by gnomes who shit asphalt, the brakes were going to fail. And they did. And he killed people.

gnomes who shit asphalt would be a great name for a band.

carry on

Road Safety Audits

A Road Safety Audit (RSA) is the formal safety performance examination of an existing or future road or intersection by an independent, multidisciplinary team. It qualitatively estimates and reports on potential road safety issues and identifies opportunities for improvements in safety for all road users. The FHWA works with State and local jurisdictions and Tribal Governments to integrate RSAs into the project development process for new roads and intersections, and also encourages RSAs on existing roads and intersections.

• What elements of the road may present a safety concern: to what extent, to which road users, and under what circumstances?
Public agencies with a desire to improve the overall safety performance of roadways under their jurisdiction should be excited about the concept of RSAs. Road safety audits can be used in any phase of project development from planning and preliminary engineering, design and construction. RSAs can also be used on any sized project from minor intersection and roadway retrofits to mega-projects.

oooh, oooh, i know, pick me, pick me

the overloaded truck with its brakes on fire, to the max, to everyone

take the opportunity to pull the damn truck over; that should mitigate the hell out of it

what do i win?

Comment:

gnomes who shit asphalt would be a great name for a band.

carry on

Tonight only, The Asphalt Shitting Gnomes.

tissue?

Comment:

Dude.
The man's brakes were on fire. Fire. And he made the conscious decision to proceed anyway.

I'm not answering any more ad homs. on this thread, RadiomanATL. I'm not a dude, and you know it when I mailed you my zip code, which I'm thinking was a horrendous mistake at this point considering your diminishment of my character with an intentional barb on my sexuality. I am a married woman and proud of it. I am not nor never have been in any way shape or form male.

I will, however, make this exception.

This case was mishandled because it failed to point out the true and undeniable source of this accident. The State of California built a road, badly. Somewhere along the road to today, the State of California issued the highest standards for professional engineers in the United States of America. I have worked for professional engineers and I am married to one and have been for 39.75 years. These bright people are required by their profession to tell the truth, to tell the whole truth, and to tell nothing but the truth about the state of the field of engineering that they represent. I know the State of California has one of the hardest-to-pass professional engineering test to receive one's PE. I know, because my husband's state professional engineer society adopted the CA state due to its preference amongst caring engineers.

Somewhere along the line, perhaps the State of California either let go of its professional engineers (PEs) or lowered their standard, I'm not sure which. The reason you have a PE in Road Safety, is because he is absolutely required by his peer Professional Engineers to remain active by continuing his education and credentials on a yearly basis that is ongoing. These fellows have to tell the truth, and tell it like it is if they feel a road should be closed, they close it at the risk of getting fired, at which time they have PE recourse which is, if proved right by their peers, they get their job back, no matter how pissed the boss, owner, governor, or even US President is over their correction.

When a state refuses to close a road as required by the PE, he writes his opinion and documents it with any powers that be. Then if something goes wrong, they cannot go after him, but must accept the full brunt of the tragedy their refusal to do the right thing in building that was caused by ignoring the professional engineer.

I have a hunch that somewhere, some professional engineer did an assessment on that little road to hell, and your alleged "killer" was not the "killer" at all. The road and those who refused to correct the anomalies on that road were the "killers."

I don't know how I can possibly make it any clearer to this board the importance of providing to the public a safe road.

Bad bridges fall sometimes, and the first people going off the bridges die. That's one test of whether a state highway department was doing its job or not, and it's obvious the bridge failure caused the deaths of those people. What is the age of the bridge? Was anyone written up for using shoddy materials? If the bridge is in a known temblor zone, were the proper artifices put in place that would prevent the bridge from shaking down if the quake is a big one?

These are things a highway department is charged with.

If it fails to deliver a safe road, it needs to close the road until it can.

Different roads have different requirements. This road had a closed sand trap area that was not maintained. Someone long ago knew that road was unsafe and tried to implement a way for trucks to slow down. Later, for reasons not known, the decision was made to override the traditional cautionary of having the runaway zone, so they let it go to pot. This accident tells me that was a huge mistake.

That is an alarm bell to me, but to others on this forum, the only alarm is in my brain.

I know better. I've seen the grotesque pictures of dead people bad road constructions killed. They ain't pretty, and fixing the roads to not kill people should be A#1 First, Last, and Middle priorities of Highway Safety Departments.

California screwed up. People died. They grabbed the first guy to have the bad luck of having his brakes fail on the bad road and callously threw him in the slammer without so much a question as "was this road fit to travel."

It wasn't, it wasn't, and it wasn't.

I tried, but I did not get through to a single one of you honed in to get the first person whose vehicle failed without even questioning, "Was the grade on this road so bad, it would cause the lining of brakes to go bad on account of it?" If the answer is "yeah, probably," the man is not guilty. If the answer is "yeah, maybe," there is a reasonable doubt, and the man is not guilty. If the answer is "absolutely, no chance was the grade on this road so steep it couldn't possibly cause brakes to fail," then he's apparently guilty as charged. The reason I don't think that is possible is because of the sign intense posted showing the road to be extremely steep.

The trouble with the truth, is that it is square before me. There was considerable question as to whether any truck is safe on that road, in my mind, particularly because the state of California indeed did make changes in the signs following the deaths of two people and this man's conviction of causing their deaths.

There are parts of this country in which hills are steep and steeper than the road described, but they are safe for travel, because a professional engineer had data before him that says a certain grade percentage is unsafe for certain vehicles, and he persevered to ensure that all roads on his watch do not have that grade associated with brake failures and having no way to slow down. A lesser grade helps this issue and reduces damage on brakes.

There is no way you can have a true professional engineer whose mind is set on public safety above all, wrote up his reports for the rest of the world to know about, and have this issue arise.

That report is somewhere, filed somewhere. I can't believe California would corrupt its finest professional engineers from the practice of delivering safety to the public as his chief and uppermost thought. Somebody screwed up, I don't know who.

Some lawyer failed to get this point of truth across to the judge, who, in my most humble opinion, should have had it pointed out to him before he blamed a mere human for this academic issue of grade.

Comment:

Dude.
The man's brakes were on fire. Fire. And he made the conscious decision to proceed anyway.

I'm not answering any more ad homs. on this thread, RadiomanATL. I'm not a dude, and you know it when I mailed you my zip code, which I'm thinking was a horrendous mistake at this point considering your diminishment of my character with an intentional barb on my sexuality. I am a married woman and proud of it. I am not nor never have been in any way shape or form male.

I will, however, make this exception.

This case was mishandled because it failed to point out the true and undeniable source of this accident. The State of California built a road, badly. Somewhere along the road to today, the State of California issued the highest standards for professional engineers in the United States of America. I have worked for professional engineers and I am married to one and have been for 39.75 years. These bright people are required by their profession to tell the truth, to tell the whole truth, and to tell nothing but the truth about the state of the field of engineering that they represent. I know the State of California has one of the hardest-to-pass professional engineering test to receive one's PE. I know, because my husband's state professional engineer society adopted the CA state due to its preference amongst caring engineers.

Somewhere along the line, perhaps the State of California either let go of its professional engineers (PEs) or lowered their standard, I'm not sure which. The reason you have a PE in Road Safety, is because he is absolutely required by his peer Professional Engineers to remain active by continuing his education and credentials on a yearly basis that is ongoing. These fellows have to tell the truth, and tell it like it is if they feel a road should be closed, they close it at the risk of getting fired, at which time they have PE recourse which is, if proved right by their peers, they get their job back, no matter how pissed the boss, owner, governor, or even US President is over their correction.

When a state refuses to close a road as required by the PE, he writes his opinion and documents it with any powers that be. Then if something goes wrong, they cannot go after him, but must accept the full brunt of the tragedy their refusal to do the right thing in building that was caused by ignoring the professional engineer.

I have a hunch that somewhere, some professional engineer did an assessment on that little road to hell, and your alleged "killer" was not the "killer" at all. The road and those who refused to correct the anomalies on that road were the "killers."

I don't know how I can possibly make it any clearer to this board the importance of providing to the public a safe road.

Bad bridges fall sometimes, and the first people going off the bridges die. That's one test of whether a state highway department was doing its job or not, and it's obvious the bridge failure caused the deaths of those people. What is the age of the bridge? Was anyone written up for using shoddy materials? If the bridge is in a known temblor zone, were the proper artifices put in place that would prevent the bridge from shaking down if the quake is a big one?

These are things a highway department is charged with.

If it fails to deliver a safe road, it needs to close the road until it can.

Different roads have different requirements. This road had a closed sand trap area that was not maintained. Someone long ago knew that road was unsafe and tried to implement a way for trucks to slow down. Later, for reasons not known, the decision was made to override the traditional cautionary of having the runaway zone, so they let it go to pot. This accident tells me that was a huge mistake.

That is an alarm bell to me, but to others on this forum, the only alarm is in my brain.

I know better. I've seen the grotesque pictures of dead people bad road constructions killed. They ain't pretty, and fixing the roads to not kill people should be A#1 First, Last, and Middle priorities of Highway Safety Departments.

California screwed up. People died. They grabbed the first guy to have the bad luck of having his brakes fail on the bad road and callously threw him in the slammer without so much a question as "was this road fit to travel."

It wasn't, it wasn't, and it wasn't.

I tried, but I did not get through to a single one of you honed in to get the first person whose vehicle failed without even questioning, "Was the grade on this road so bad, it would cause the lining of brakes to go bad on account of it?" If the answer is "yeah, probably," the man is not guilty. If the answer is "yeah, maybe," there is a reasonable doubt, and the man is not guilty. If the answer is "absolutely, no chance was the grade on this road so steep it couldn't possibly cause brakes to fail," then he's apparently guilty as charged. The reason I don't think that is possible is because of the sign intense posted showing the road to be extremely steep.

The trouble with the truth, is that it is square before me. There was considerable question as to whether any truck is safe on that road, in my mind, particularly because the state of California indeed did make changes in the signs following the deaths of two people and this man's conviction of causing their deaths.

There are parts of this country in which hills are steep and steeper than the road described, but they are safe for travel, because a professional engineer had data before him that says a certain grade percentage is unsafe for certain vehicles, and he persevered to ensure that all roads on his watch do not have that grade associated with brake failures and having no way to slow down. A lesser grade helps this issue and reduces damage on brakes.

There is no way you can have a true professional engineer whose mind is set on public safety above all, wrote up his reports for the rest of the world to know about, and have this issue arise.

That report is somewhere, filed somewhere. I can't believe California would corrupt its finest professional engineers from the practice of delivering safety to the public as his chief and uppermost thought. Somebody screwed up, I don't know who.

Some lawyer failed to get this point of truth across to the judge, who, in my most humble opinion, should have had it pointed out to him before he blamed a mere human for this academic issue of grade.

I don't pay attention to genders on here unless it's obvious. And a zip code doesn't tell me someone's plumbing.

But if it makes you feel better:

DUDETTE!!! His brakes were on FIRE!!

Road Safety Audits

oooh, oooh, i know, pick me, pick me

the overloaded truck with its brakes on fire, to the max, to everyone

take the opportunity to pull the damn truck over; that should mitigate the hell out of it

what do i win?
Bad roads, apparently.

Dude, his brakes were on FIRE!
Madam, it was stated above the dude stopped his truck to cool off his brakes so they would go again.

Do you know what the effect of grade is upon brakes?

I know that no matter what the grade, continuing to drive on any incline once your brakes were on FIRE is a bad bad bad idea. Even worse idea with an overloaded truck.

on FIRE!!

TruckFire_060311_bt_tif_.jpg

Throw some water on it. If we crash we'll blame the road.

Road Safety Audits

None of that matters as far as HIS actions go........He's a professional driver. Once he realized his brakes were toast, he had the obligation to every driver on that road to cease driving that truck, immediately. When he decided to drive on, he then WILLINGLY took a several ton weapon back on the road, and ended up killing somebody due to his criminal neglect.......He also CHOSE to take his truck on that road, AFTER being told it was not advisable......He had every choice to call for help, and have his trucks brakes attended too. He CHOSE to roll the dice, and bet on the lives of everybody on that road. No different then a drunk driver who CHOOSES to get in their car and drive.

He's where he deserves to be.

I don't back down when I am correct, right, and just.

Ignorance of the initial cause of this problem--grades so ridiculous they cause driving issues, and people's choosing the easiest way out for resolving justice instead of the correct heart-of-the-problem cause.

I prefer to go to sleep knowing for a certain fact I told the truth to the best of my ability, and if people don't see it the same way, I still know I did my best to point out the underlying cause to this problem. I know I have, del.

Forum List

Back