Is This Justice?

TruckFire_060311_bt_tif_.jpg

Throw some water on it. If we crash we'll blame the road.

Thank you for making my case, radioman. The grade was so steep, his efforts to stop his vehicle went through the sturdy brake linings and caused a fire. The road was designed for use by all vehicles on the road, but they failed to factor grade in by a professional engineer, or god forbid, they ignored his paper warning them of what could happen if they didn't lessen the grade to where it wouldn't do that.

Thank you for making my case, radioman. The grade was so steep, his efforts to stop his vehicle went through the sturdy brake linings and caused a fire. The road was designed for use by all vehicles on the road, but they failed to factor grade in by a professional engineer, or god forbid, they ignored his paper warning them of what could happen if they didn't lessen the grade to where it wouldn't do that.

The brakes were on fire before he decided to continue to drive on them.

Don't know how that is making your case that it's the road's fault.

Brakes on fire to me means stop driving. Especially stop driving if there is an incline ahead.

The underlying cause was the fire.

On the brakes.

That the man continued to drive on anyway.
The fire was caused by the tension placed on the brake mechanism due to improper grade that resulted in the fire.

Which he put out, was told not to continue to drive on anymore, and did anyway.

Yeah, his decision to continue to drive is totally the roads fault.

Brakes on fire to me means stop driving. Especially stop driving if there is an incline ahead.

it's isaac newton's fault.

fucking gravity

bastard!

It came out he thought he had cooled his vehicle enough so he could continue. He did all he humanly could do.

He wouldn't have had the fire at all if the road had been graded to meet the needs of large, heavy trucks travelling at the posted speed limit.

fucking gravity

bastard!
No, it was caused because some pencil-pushing cost-conscious manager did not heed his safety professional engineer's guidelines and paper of advice. The creep who allowed that steep grade to be built cheaply without correcting the grade to a wise standard for all vehicles is the guy who should be serving time.

Once your pads catch on fire, that's it, they're done. Even when cooled, they are just going to crumble away every time you step on the brake.

Brakes on fire mean stop the truck, and call for a heavy tow. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

This case is textbook criminal neglect at its core.

It came out he thought he had cooled his vehicle enough so he could continue. He did all he humanly could do.

He wouldn't have had the fire at all if the road had been graded to meet the needs of large, heavy trucks travelling at the posted speed limit.

Once brakes are on fire on a rig, there's no such thing as proceeding safely on an incline.

NO!......Once your brake pads catch on fire, they are no longer servicable, period!

Last edited:

fucking gravity

bastard!
No, it was caused because some pencil-pushing cost-conscious manager did not heed his safety professional engineer's guidelines and paper of advice. The creep who allowed that steep grade to be built cheaply without correcting the grade to a wise standard for all vehicles is the guy who should be serving time.

you're way past the point where i can take you seriously on this subject.

sorry

The road grade caused the damn fire. The road grade guidelines submitted by the professional safety engineer were ignored by the criminally-negligent manager of the road building process.

You fellas can go on and on and on, but that still does not excuse the State of California from building a road with a grade that is guaranteed to cause someone's brakes to catch on fire.

Hell, no wonder they got so many fires in California. They have asshole grades on their roads in the mountains where this ignominy occurred.

One million of you can rant at me and yell and holler, but the fact remains: that man's brakes were set on fire because nobody built the road to where its grade would prevent forest fires by not causing peoples' brakes to go gunnysack.

I'm still right. You should not allow bad grades to exist on public roads that cause the brakes to go gunnysack and burn up.

fucking gravity

bastard!

you're way past the point where i can take you seriously on this subject.

sorry
Suits me. There's one person here who knows the truth about road grades being the culprit in brake fires. Me.

The road grade caused the damn fire. The road grade guidelines submitted by the professional safety engineer were ignored by the criminally-negligent manager of the road building process.

You fellas can go on and on and on, but that still does not excuse the State of California from building a road with a grade that is guaranteed to cause someone's brakes to catch on fire.

Hell, no wonder they got so many fires in California. They have asshole grades on their roads in the mountains where this ignominy occurred.

One million of you can rant at me and yell and holler, but the fact remains: that man's brakes were set on fire because nobody built the road to where its grade would prevent forest fires by not causing peoples' brakes to go gunnysack.

I'm still right. You should not allow bad grades to exist on public roads that cause the brakes to go gunnysack and burn up.
THAT DOES NOT MATTER ONCE HE STOPPED THE TRUCK AFTER HIS BRAKES CAUGHT FIRE......He was criminally negligent once he got back in that truck and decided to press on. A professional driver, particularly a big rig driver damn sure knows his brakes are finished......Once he got back in that truck, knowing the road contained steep grades, he branded himself criminally negligent.

Last edited:
I maintain that the grade of the road was the causal agent of this heinous tragedy. If it had been engineered and maintained properly, the truck's brakes would never have caught fire, fellas.

It's just that simple.

I maintain that the grade of the road was the causal agent of this heinous tragedy. If it had been engineered and maintained properly, the truck's brakes would never have caught fire, fellas.

It's just that simple.

Sorry, but once he got back in his rig knowing the brake pads were burned, he was the cause of the tragedy.

THAT DOES NOT MATTER ONCE HE STOPPED THE TRUCK AFTER HIS BRAKES CAUGHT FIRE......He was criminally negligent once he got back in that truck and decided to press on. A professional driver, particularly a big rig driver damn sure knows his brakes are finished......Once he got back in that truck, knowing the road contained steep grades, he branded himself criminally negligent.
The smoking gun was the state putting up warning signs AFTER THE TRAGEDY AND NOT BEFORE. By that time, someone realized the college professor who warned them to build safe roads by ensuring a proper grade that would not cause brakes to fail was telling them the truth. The guy who saved money by putting asphalt on a steep grade because it was cheaper than doing it right is the guy who made the worst mistake. It practically guaranteed that someday, somebody would die when the grade of the road caused brakes on a big truck to utterly fail, and that of course, is when this little sorry case came about.

Forum List

Back