CDZ Is this civil war site legit?

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is supposed to be the basis for our assessment of the site's legitimacy.

YES.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States | Civil War Trust

Here is Texas. Why weren't the Irish, the Italians, the Germans, etc not brought over as slaves? Wouldn't that have been the fair thing to do? You wanna immigrate, be a slave for a year or so? Donnie are you listening?

"That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States. By the secession of six of the slave-holding States, and the certainty that others will speedily do likewise, Texas has no alternative but to remain in an isolated connection with the North, or unite her destinies with the South."

'The Texas Ordinance of Secession' (February 2, 1861) Texas Ordinance of Secession

The sites priority seems to be battlefield preservation. Its priority does not seem to focus on the scholarly examination of Civil War history in detail, but rather one facet of it, that is the history of battlefields.

The sites priority seems to be battlefield preservation. Its priority does not seem to focus on the scholarly examination of Civil War history in detail, but rather one facet of it, that is the history of battlefields.
Their purpose is to save battlefield sites mostly from urban growth and expand the sites onto adjacent lands that often were a critical part of that battle but are privately owned.
They were founded because of the number of battlefields that were disappearing due to urban sprawl.

Their purpose is to save battlefield sites mostly from urban growth and expand the sites onto adjacent lands that often were a critical part of that battle but are privately owned.
I think some friends and I helped them out years ago when we ran into one of their fundraising events while on a Poker Run that brought us through Manassas, VA. We parked our bikes long enough to have some bar-b-cue and each of us made a small donation in addition to the lunch.

Their purpose is to save battlefield sites mostly from urban growth andformed expand the sites onto adjacent lands that often were a critical part of that battle but are privately owned.
I think some friends and I helped them out years ago when we ran into one of their fundraising events while on a Poker Run that brought us through Manassas, VA. We parked our bikes long enough to have some bar-b-cue and each of us made a small donation in addition to the lunch.
If I remember correctly the impetus that got them formed was the building of Fair Oaks Mall which opened in 1980. The battle of Fair Oaks was the final battle of 2nd Manassas, was fought in the middle of a huge thunderstorm and two of the Union's most promising generals were killed. All that's left is a tiny stone memorial on the side of the road on Rte 50 across from the mall. The entire area is now completely overrun by urban sprawl.

Thank you, I posted from the cell and couldn't get the link to show in the text for some odd reason. This site lags on my old Note II. They should get some temolate help from Gardenweb or this WWII navy miniatures site I frequent lol.

Mostly I wanted to make sure I had a reasonable source with accurate information. If anything their opinion or suggested methods of forming one were gentler than mine so they did not seem very radical. Nice to touch base though and double check myself.

Forum List

Back