CDZ What will China do if the U.S. and N. Korea go to war?

Sundance508

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
I have seen very little in the way of a good analysis in regards to what China might do in case a war breaks out between America and N. Korea. Most simply have no clue in regards to the role China would play...the majority seem to think China will be able to conduct some sort of magical diplomatic play that will persuade N. Korea to abandon its Nuclear goals? Trump appeared to believe that himself for a lil while...but the cold hard truth has now set in and Trump understands very well what he is up against--China will be of no real help regarding N. Korea--but Trulmp is playing his cards close to his chest and most simply cannot fathom what he is up to. The number one thing he is up to is to build up our military power in that region...which Obama had degraded to a very dangerous level...rebuilding our forces in that arena will take some time and thus Trump now is just buying time and engaging in a foxy game of being unpredictable. Anyhow...let us look at China.....................

'China must respond in some way if the US attacks North Korea. Beijing cannot stand idly by while the US effects regime change in a fellow Leninist state. The legitimacy of The Chinese Communist Part rule is at stake.

That is why Maoist China, although infinitely weaker than contemporary China, had to respond during the Korean War and send signals to the US that it had no choice but to do so. Unfortunately, those signals were not heeded.

At the same time, I think the Chinese will limit their response, as they will not want to get into a full-fledged fight with the US – a fight they know they cannot win.'

What would China do if North Korea, U.S. go to war?

China wont do anything because if they do its over for them fast if we shut off the trade. That's why we should be lowering the corporate tax rate and offering deals to get the companies back home.

What will China do?

If North Korea launches a Nuclear War then expect China to stay quiet.

If America does a preemptive strike on North Korea then expect Russia, Iran and China to back North Korea and a possible World War...

What will China do?

If North Korea launches a Nuclear War then expect China to stay quiet.

If America does a preemptive strike on North Korea then expect Russia, Iran and China to back North Korea and a possible World War...

That seems to be the plan.

Russia is broke, China will be if we cut trade, and Iran has minimal influence on the matter.

Still, I would prefer no preemptive strike unless necessary.

China will fund North Korea just enough to bleed us a bit more.

Death by 10,000 economic pin pricks.

China has stated that if Kim starts it, he's on his own.
And if the U.S. starts it, they're with the fat, childish idiot. The North Korean one, that is, not the orange one.

So you are willing to let N. Korea continue to improve its nuclear arsenal and their ICBM's? What do you think the ramifications would be if N. Korea achieves the ability to strike the continental U.S. with nuclear tipped missles?

And if the U.S. starts it, they're with the fat, childish idiot. The North Korean one, that is, not the orange one.

So you are willing to let N. Korea continue to improve its nuclear arsenal and their ICBM's? What do you think the ramifications would be if N. Korea achieves the ability to strike the continental U.S. with nuclear tipped missles?

This and healthcare are going to go down as the problems of the last hundred years. Most everything else the Greeks had to deal with.

The nuclear missile technology we have had for a lifetime.

How long do you think you can keep it in the bottle?

What lengths are you willing to go to?

This and healthcare are going to go down as the problems of the last hundred years. Most everything else the Greeks had to deal with.

You ignored the question but you want to ax one? I don't think so.

You ignored the question but you want to ax one? I don't think so.

Sorry, I don't want to ignore the question. In person you could have seen my shrug with my question.

So in regards to am I willing to let North Korea improve its nuclear arsenal......

We can only go so far with undercover operations. Eventually they are going to get it and am I willing to do like Israel did to Iraq and bomb North Korean plants? Tough one. Push me at THIS moment and my call would be to see if we could destroy it and make it look like an accident but I'd try that the day after I tried to destroy their computer network. Its a borderline thing, I'm 51% sure I'd do it.

You know that is the type of thing which makes everyone in the North Korean government hate you though.

Once again, this is 50 year old technology. How long can we keep it from spreading to every nation on the planet and how far would you go?

If we can't stop NK from getting it we need to give it to SK and Japan. Maybe then China will do something about NK.

I have seen very little in the way of a good analysis in regards to what China might do in case a war breaks out between America and N. Korea. Most simply have no clue in regards to the role China would play...the majority seem to think China will be able to conduct some sort of magical diplomatic play that will persuade N. Korea to abandon its Nuclear goals? Trump appeared to believe that himself for a lil while...but the cold hard truth has now set in and Trump understands very well what he is up against--China will be of no real help regarding N. Korea--but Trulmp is playing his cards close to his chest and most simply cannot fathom what he is up to. The number one thing he is up to is to build up our military power in that region...which Obama had degraded to a very dangerous level...rebuilding our forces in that arena will take some time and thus Trump now is just buying time and engaging in a foxy game of being unpredictable. Anyhow...let us look at China.....................

'China must respond in some way if the US attacks North Korea. Beijing cannot stand idly by while the US effects regime change in a fellow Leninist state. The legitimacy of The Chinese Communist Part rule is at stake.

That is why Maoist China, although infinitely weaker than contemporary China, had to respond during the Korean War and send signals to the US that it had no choice but to do so. Unfortunately, those signals were not heeded.

At the same time, I think the Chinese will limit their response, as they will not want to get into a full-fledged fight with the US – a fight they know they cannot win.'

The simple answer is, who started it.

If North Korea attacks the US, China won't do anything. If the US attacks North Korea, China will be at war.

It's the perfect situation.

The US knows it can't start a war, it can't afford to lose, and lose it will. China will simply enter North Korea and stop the US doing anything. The US can't afford to use nuclear weapons because China has them too.

North Korea knows it can't start a war, it knows China won't be at its side if it starts.

If North Korea attacks the US, China won't do anything. If the US attacks North Korea, China will be at war.

The US knows it can't start a war, it can't afford to lose, and lose it will. China will simply enter North Korea and stop the US doing anything. The US can't afford to use nuclear weapons because China has them too.

North Korea knows it can't start a war, it knows China won't be at its side if it starts.
How about a better more possible what if.
What if one of the rockets NK fires over Japan doesn't fly over Japan and kills Japanese?
What if we try to shoot the missile down and our attempt fails and lands in NK killing folks there?
What if we try to shoot it down and because of doing so they both land in either NK or Japan causing death?
Don't we have the right to shoot down missiles fires at/over our ally?

How about a better more possible what if.
What if one of the rockets NK fires over Japan doesn't fly over Japan and kills Japanese?
What if we try to shoot the missile down and our attempt fails and lands in NK killing folks there?
What if we try to shoot it down and because of doing so they both land in either NK or Japan causing death?
Don't we have the right to shoot down missiles fires at/over our ally?

Well the problem is, if this happens then this is the second possibility, it's North Korea attacking someone. China isn't obliged to get involved.

The situations will all end up more or less the same. If North Korea is attacked, China will come to its aid, if not, it won't. So, whichever circumstance you end up with, you just need to look at those two.

Personally, I see them doing the hokey pokey.

"You put your [right hand] in,
You put your [right hand] out;
You put your [right hand] in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the hokey pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!"

They'll start to help, then back off, and keep repeating.

Not taking a firm stance til it's all over

Forum List

Back