Is this a "guy" thing?

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Just some inconsequential musings for a snowy Friday afternoon:

In our household, there is one person who cuts a piece of cake or pie, and leaves the used knife in with the rest of the cake/pie. No mater how many times I take it out and out it and put it in the dishwasher, it keeps happening. Yes, that person happens to be my husband, the only male in the house.

Is this a guy thing? Does anyone else here think it's kind of gross to find a crusty used knife in with the cake?

Abbey Normal said:

In our household, there is one person who cuts a piece of cake or pie, and leaves the used knife in with the rest of the cake/pie. No mater how many times I take it out and out it and put it in the dishwasher, it keeps happening. Yes, that person happens to be my husband, the only male in the house.

Is this a guy thing? Does anyone else here think it's kind of gross to find a crusty used knife in with the cake?

He has two choices.

1. Lick it clean but that would probably gross you out - you might think that is improper, etc.

2. Leave it in the cake so another knife doesn't get dirty every time someone wants a piece of cake. This way, he eliminates all the knives that have to be cleaned - making things easier for you.

Abbey Normal said:

Yeah, leaving the knife with the cake, that's an optimization thing. Less dishes.

So far, my theory is holding. :D

How about the women out there?

After_Dinner.jpg

Can't have both....

Less dishes

or

Crusty cake knife.

In his mind it's the answer to your "I clean too many dishes" problem.

So dmp and I are talking about this.....we wonder...

You think he just wants you to clean his knife for him?

The ClayTaurus said:
Yeah, leaving the knife with the cake, that's an optimization thing. Less dishes.

this is exactly what I was thinking.

maybe she really just thinks he's a fat pig and the knife anger has become the focus of her attention, her ability to express anger toward her husband having been stunted by our patriarchal society.

rtwngAvngr said:
maybe she really just thinks he's a fat pig and the knife anger has become the focus of her attention, her ability to express anger toward her husband having been stunted by our patriarchal society.

...and to think, some guys get $70/hr to say stuff like that. Nice job. :)

Abbey Normal said:

I don't know why they do it Abbey, they all do. Both my sons and my dad. Do it with coffeecakes too. To the males that say he's trying to save knives...so why do they get a seperate glass with each drink they take? Besides, isn't that why I have 18 place settings and a dishwasher?

Oh yeah, don't you wonder how it is that they can line up all of their tools and seperate their nuts, bolts, screws, and nails, but can't figure out how to load the dishwasher? :shocked:

Don't get me started on refridgerator blindness! :spank3:

dmp said:
...and to think, some guys get $70/hr to say stuff like that. Nice job. :)

Yeah. I used to pay someone to say this stuff. He was a tool.

Forum List

Back